Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

your 5 (6) essential RPGs

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Night's 2: Mask of the Betrayer
Baldur's Gate II
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Mount&Blade: Warband

Goldbox - Dark Sun: Shattered Lands

Abhay

Augur
Arx Fatalis - Love the atmosphere and certain unique elements of the game. I love replaying this game a lot without ever feeling bored.

Baldurs Gate 2 - For the amount of freedom and lots of fun to test different character skills and approach to missions. Modding also plays a significant role to further develop my interest in replaying this amazing game. Though I prefer the old version over EE.

Temple of Elemental Evil - Thanks to Temple+ the game has since then peaked my interest in the game and its incredibly helpful to sustain the life of the game.

Deus Ex with GMDX is the best experience an RPG fan would ever imagine. Its an awesome experience.

Divine Divinity - Love the game world, the quality of the missions and quests

Goldbox: Pool of Radiance - Since I have spent some time in playing POR, I will pick this to simply continue with the journey. I haven't finished the game yet.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Knights of the Old Republic II. Somehow I never suffered the notorious technical issues, so I only have great writing and atmosphere to remember.
Bloodlines. Ditto.
Arcanum. Kerghan was my introduction to antinatalist nihilists before I learned to hate them. Definitely best girl.
Dragon Age. RIP BioWare, taken from us at the prime of your life.
Planescape: Torment. Almost comically verbose to look back on, but legitimately blew my mind at the time.

Gold Box: Neverwinter Nights. Remembering the wide-eyed early days of MMORPGs when we still thought they would become something good. I was a bit too young for it, but old enough for it to remind me of the many MUDs and early MMOs I played after its death.

Ovg

Cipher
Seriously tho:

Arcanum for it's unique setting and interdasting moral questions
Fallout for being one of the best games I ever played
Vampire Bloodlines, mostly because I love white wolf games and it had great chars too
ATOM Rpg for it's nice new take on postapocalyptia, writing and humor
Deus Ex for how eerily it reflected all that happened since it was released. All that conspiracy NWO shit.

Mightmagic

Augur

how's that game? it's been sitting in my backlog for years, maybe you can give me a reason to push it to the top of my to play list.
A good Pc game.
very good atmosphere, open world seamless with day/night cycle (one of the first), good loot, good history, good graphics at the time of release.
I loved very much this game even if I have never finished because you can be lost very easily.
Only gameplay combat is not good because it's real time.

Sadly, drakkhen 2 has been cancelled (https://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf_abandon/ltf_jeu.php?id=1434) and It's not the sequel super drakkhen released on sness. A "drakkhen 2" I would like a new drakkhen PC game with turn by turn combat system and same atmosphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom