Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Modron

Arcane
The decapitate attack was pretty strong single target ability, if those scimitars have higher damage than cleavers they could be pretty brutal.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Cool.
Especially Berdish that gonna replace 2h axe in most tasks. Sling is great addition too.
Scimitar is kind of overgrown Falchion that t o be honest should get similar treatment.
Warfork is decent addition for low level 2 range weapon, especially with septum boosted. Throwing weapons isn't my specialty but again - nice addition.
Whip is kind of silly. What next chakrams?

I wonder how many will name their whip guy Indiana Jones. Should be a stat on that.
Just add bonus for whips from Historian background and we all set.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
started playing it's fun and combat is good so far. the game told me i have to get my company to dozen bros, but i keep it at 7 so far (day 8).

been doing delivery contract and it's cool you can make extra money by trading. for example this village i visited is on hunting season so venison and skins are rich in supply, bought it cheap, and sold them in neighboring town for 1.5x the price. that town made bricks so i bought bricks and sold them again in other town for profit. extra nice.

i wonder if Fluent play this game. seems to be up your valley. it is a mix of procedurally generated world and some scripted events thrown with randomly generated events.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just got me thinking when you were not being too impressed with my turn-based skills/knowledge of the game on some semi-blind early access preview I did on Youtube (unfortunately, I can't find the comment), but then again you seem to like it in the end - so
rating_sawyer.gif

31CA05E1263773153FA679F121D66434253C9EAA

Anyway, from that I got the impression that meta was the way to go.

Barbarian

Arcane
I don't even know if I should go for a full playthrough with this new dlc, even though I will buy it on day one as usual. I suspect they will release more dlcs.

Btw, I hope the scimitar doesn't mean they will go for asian inspired regions in future dlcs. I would much prefer a dungeon dlc or a dlc that improves the settlement mechanics(cities actually prospering and growing instead of just either being stale or destroyed). Increasing the map yet again wouldn't be the best way to go I think, though more enemy variety is always welcome.

The lead writer hasn't posted here in a while. Forgot his handle otherwise I would tag him to ask how much written content he did for this new dlc. A quantity comparable to B&E I hope.

Barbarian

Arcane
Poacher and Peasant Militia artwork:

(quite curious about any special rules involving the poacher origin):

rangers_09.jpg

peasants7.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
The lead writer hasn't posted here in a while. Forgot his handle otherwise I would tag him to ask how much written content he did for this new dlc. A quantity comparable to B&E I hope.

sser

Not sure what the numbers are. The writing side of it is more spread as there are more points to hit, I'd say. I actually physically had a hard time writing past few months as I had a slight tear in my rotator cuff for what was once considered my 'healthy shoulder.' My other shoulder's already retired to the gimp fields so that was fun. One time I leaned down to pick a shirt off the ground with my right hand and my left shoulder cracked as it shifted in the socket. Aged Wordsmith Event Proc is absolute bullshit. After that I went back to boxing and blew up my wrist overworking the heavy bag like a moron. Good times, all in all.

Barbarian

Arcane

sser

Not sure what the numbers are. The writing side of it is more spread as there are more points to hit, I'd say. .

Will there be exclusive content/events per company background? Maybe I'm asking an obvious question here, since it seems at least the cultist background has it, but we would all love to hear it from you.

It would be somewhat disappointing if in the end the origins don't amount to more than "special playthrough rules/settings". Many currently existing events would also break those rules(i.e: events where you gain a free recruit from a high tier background).

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Do we have info on the recruitment-restrictions of the 'Militia'? Especially if they can hire Hunters or not?

If they can, I think their 18 Bros advantage will make it too easy.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Battling the Barbarians
3 MAY @ 16:20 - RAPSDJFF
0fb23a3c28a81e3a5ac9b67dc1a4a39c7a9e3c82.jpg

With the release of the ‘Warriors of the North’ DLC right around the corner, we’ll take on the barbarian horde in a Let’s Play video this week. If you like what you’re seeing, you can add the DLC to your wishlist here and get it on May 9th.

If you’d like to learn more, take a look at our previous dev blogs about the upcoming expansion;

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Idea: THULSA DOOM playthrough using Davkul Cultist origin. Wander the north with a small horde of heavily armored warriors wiping out barbarian settlements and seeking steel.

thulsa-doom-4.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom