Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
What now, do I have to work on my pace?

When someone talks about how unrealistic it is female leaders in military contexts exist, the reasonable and expected answer is presenting examples otherwise because it is obviously wrong. When you out of blue lash out in bitterness talking about oppression and mines as default, it is a really bad look.

It is out of place, uncalled for, not even the topic at hand and wasn't even mentioned by anyone. Really comes off as impotent rage.

Delterius

Arcane
What now, do I have to work on my pace?

When someone talks about how unrealistic it is female leaders in military contexts exist, the reasonable and expected answer is presenting examples otherwise because it is obviously wrong. When you out of blue lash out in bitterness talking about oppression and mines as default, it is a really bad look.

It is out of place, uncalled for, not even the topic at hand and wasn't even mentioned by anyone. Really comes off as impotent rage.
since trump took over, every adult male in the western world is conscripted to work at the coal mines

being an oriental you wouldn't understand this gamer oppression

Delterius

Arcane
List of all 4 star generals in US Army:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Army_four-star_generals

225 people, one woman.

List of biggest crime bosses in history:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_crime_bosses

320+ names, I see one woman.

But in Deadfire, suddenly HALF (if not more) of both worlds are women. Yeah totally realistic and no agenda at all.
'women pirate leaders is unimmersive'

*points to 7 real life examples*

cruel: yes but how many women lead the us military

The Real Fanboy
Dude that has read 1000's of books and plays video games thinks he would be allowed work in the mines even though he has no upper body strength

Trashos

Arcane
You are assuming my upper body strength.

PS. Yes, Orma, I do lift. Thanks for asking.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It doesn't matter how many female captains and generals are as a ratio, existence of even a single one proves that it is possible, thus in fantasy it is not only plausible but actually realistic. Which it doesn't have to be by the way.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It doesn't matter how many female captains and generals are as a ratio, existence of even a single one proves that it is possible, thus in fantasy it is not only plausible but actually realistic. Which it doesn't have to be by the way.

Yeah, the Battlefield this is kind of annoying because it's an otherwise realistic game about a real time period and takes a lot of liberties for incloooosion. However a pirate fantasy game can do whatever the fuck it wants really, and the existence of real life examples just makes whining about it all the more silly. We're in a climate now where people are in full black and white tribal thinking mode.

The Real Fanboy
Josh is playtesting his 2nd Pillars of Eternity campaign!!!

I totally wish they would stream them like Critical Role though!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom