Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Apparently the latest patch makes wars unwinnable and isn't compatible with old saves.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck i just decided to read some shit on the paradox forum,my IQ dropped significantly. Those still left on that forum are retards and imbeciles! Thank god that arabs and niggers will wipe out sweden,thus that retarded forum.

Great point, and sadly I think this is being completely obfuscated, for example there is a lot of debate about "Mana" on the official forums, but its degenerated into two camps, "Hur Dur Mana is bad because Mana" and "Hur Dur Mana is good because I like sucking Johans cock". As you say resources are fine and every single strategy game has them in some form or another. Like any game system its how you use it that matters, and with I:R they took a pretty ordinary system from EU4 and doubled down on it. So now we have this lazy hack job in I:R.
Generally the term "mana" is used whenever there's a resource that's being used in a too-abstracted way. Diplomatic Points in Victoria 2 could be called mana, except they don't get called mana because they're used for one thing (diplomatic actions - declaring war, improving relations, decreasing relations, etc) and directly represent the capability of your foreign ministry. More Diplomatic Points represents a foreign ministry being more capable at their job. And that's all they do. If you could also use Diplomatic Points to, say, speed up assimilation rate of pops, and to research Culture/Navy techs faster, then we'd call it mana because it'd be abstracted to the point of being decoupled from anything it used to do (and that's basically how Bird Mana works in EU4, as an example). It would at that point no longer be a direct representation of how much your foreign ministry can do over a given period of time but instead just a vague "mana pool" to be spent on an assortment of things.

Point-based representation of things are fine, it's when something stops being a point-based representation of a specific thing and turns into this vague value that doesn't represent anything specific and can be used on all sorts of only tangentially or thematically related things that it becomes a problem and earns the title of mana.

Zeriel

Arcane
Didn't seem like he ever had a honeymoon period with it to me. He was warning before release about the DLC practices etc, he never really said anything about the game subjectively one way or the other.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Under "honeymoon" I mean giving it the benefit of the doubt before seeing it.

For people who know PDX games, the signs were there long before the game's release.

Some might say, well, he has no experience with PDX games. Okay, but then what use do we have of a reviewer or analyst who has no experience with the subject of review or analysis?

Edit:
"Mediocre game at best" - nice and fair final verdict.

Last edited:

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Fuck i just decided to read some shit on the paradox forum,my IQ dropped significantly. Those still left on that forum are retards and imbeciles! Thank god that arabs and niggers will wipe out sweden,thus that retarded forum.

It's a magical place, where same users defend Maduro's regime and support the planned South Africa's race-based farmer expropriations, then immediately later defend a friggin game company's predatory market practices.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fantadomat's screenshot thread continues to amaze people from all classes and genders. Another news is that Imperator rome had reached a new amazing milestone!

SBFe64B.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do battles still go on for weeks?

You know, I'd rather Padadox simulated campaigning rather than pitched battles - it would make more sense on the map.

Would even allow evading mechanisms for raiding

Time to port the HoI4 front-line system and AI to Imperator.

And all the good things from CK2.

At that point, it's just CK2 with better graphics.
CK2 does have the best battle system of all paradox games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Another news is that Imperator rome had reached a new amazing milestone!

Today's hotfix didn't fix yesterdays hotfix's gamebreaking coastal province bug. It's absolutely going dip below 40% if they leave the game unplayable over the weekend
Another thing that is dipping is the player base,it is the lowest played game except CK2,but that one always had a small and hardcore audience.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Another news is that Imperator rome had reached a new amazing milestone!

Today's hotfix didn't fix yesterdays hotfix's gamebreaking coastal province bug. It's absolutely going dip below 40% if they leave the game unplayable over the weekend
Another thing that is dipping is the player base,it is the lowest played game except CK2,but that one always had a small and hardcore audience.

CK2 is seven years old.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom