Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mordhau - Monocled First-Person Medieval Melee Game

deama

Prophet
I wonder if warhorse are looking at ripping the combat off this.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Another shit game from another retarded developer (indie or not).

At first glance, I thought that the combat is fine ... except that it doesn't work. It's the same shit from KcD but amped to 11 - using the mouse pointer for directional attacks and looking at the same time is the most retarded idea ever. I don't know who invented this shit but it doesn't work! especially in chaotic fights. In addition the parry window is too small and riposte is basically impossible in multiplayer. You simply cannot implement such a shitty combat system after Dark Souls and Nioh were released.

Talking about multiplayer - it's completely broken. Everyone goes for the thrust stabbing attacks. Great tactic ... but then the biggest enemy is the lag. You click attack, your sword doesn't move and the enemy gibs you instantly. Rinse and repeat. I've played a couple of games, it was hilarious as in the team with less lag was winning the game. You could simply see who is winning by checking the team's ping ladder: more green - winning, more red - losing. Their network code must be utter garbage and the game is basically in a un-releasable state.

Fuck this shit.

Alpharius

Scholar

At first glance, I thought that the combat is fine ... except that it doesn't work. It's the same shit from KcD but amped to 11 - using the mouse pointer for directional attacks and looking at the same time is the most retarded idea ever. I don't know who invented this shit but it doesn't work! especially in chaotic fights. In addition the parry window is too small and riposte is basically impossible in multiplayer. You simply cannot implement such a shitty combat system after Dark Souls and Nioh were released.
Erm, wat? KcD has mostly the same generic combat system like most action\rpg games.

The only existing "same shit" is Chivalry and Mirage. Dark souls is casual shit compared to this. How can you even compare a game for console peasants to glorious PC game taking full advantage of superior control scheme?

Whats so hard about riposte? Parry enemy attack, click attack button, ???, profit. Also you can use shields if you want unlimited parry window.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Erm, wat? KcD has mostly the same generic combat system like most action\rpg games.

It's the same thing. In KcD you have 5 directional attacks while in Mordhau you have infinite 4 directional attacks ... but you also have an additional fighting mode. So deep.

The only existing "same shit" is Chivalry and Mirage. Dark souls is casual shit compared to this. How can you even compare a game for console peasants to glorious PC game taking full advantage of superior control scheme?

The controls are clunky as fuck, there is nothing superior about them. Also Mordhau has worse animations than Dark Souls 1 and that game was released 9 years ago.

Whats so hard about riposte? Parry enemy attack, click attack button, ???, profit. Also you can use shields if you want unlimited parry window.

Make a video. Show me that shit in multiplayer.

Edit: I still have the game installed. I will probably try it again ... but not before they solve the ping problem.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It's the same shit from KcD but amped to 11 - using the mouse pointer for directional attacks and looking at the same time is the most retarded idea ever.

Like M&B Warband, you never played it. Also in KCD you would have to lock on to an enemy to be able to use directional atacks while in Mordhau you don't have that restriction.

parry window is too small

It's good enough.

riposte is basically impossible in multiplayer.

Bullshit.

Everyone goes for the thrust stabbing attacks

Then take advantage of everyone stupidity and counter it.

but then the biggest enemy is the lag.

Maybe your internet connection. Try to join servers with ping bellow 80. I've had maybe 3-5 minutes of lag in all my match, and I've already clocked nearly 10 hours.

It's the same thing. In KcD you have 5 directional attacks while in Mordhau you have infinite 4 directional attacks ... but you also have an additional fighting mode. So deep.

Actually you have 7 directional attacks, the alternative weapon mode and chambering (which is something no hack & slash game had so far).

panda

Savant
At first glance, I thought that the combat is fine ... except that it doesn't work.
You just need 400 hours like this guy. He was a closed beta tester, ez headshots strikes from unprotected directions all day long.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
You know the definition of retardation: when you are justifying shit for which even the developer apologizes.

First and foremost an apology to all players from our entire team.

The current state of the game is not the one we wanted you to experience at launch. It might sound cliché, but we were not able to keep up with the rapidly growing playerbase in this short amount of time.

On the bright side we were able to locate the problems that caused Gold and XP rewards to not be distributed properly, as well as unlocks not working in the Armory. - They should work properly now. We are also currently looking into ways to compensate players for their troubles.

Make sure to restart your game so the update gets applied! We are also currently restarting the servers on our end.

Additionally we've added some improvements to the Server Browser. You can now filter for a server name or set a ping limit.

Our top priority right now is to iron out the stability problems with our Official Servers, as well as bugs with the Matchmaker.

Tl;DR: All servers are shit because there are lag spikes (from under 40ms to >240ms).

Alpharius

Scholar

In KcD you can't move during attack animation and have to lock on enemy to hit it. So like the only things that matter is timing, range and attack type.

In Mordhau you can move during attack animation and don't have any locks, which allows you to speed up\slow down your attack, move to\away from opponent during an attack, change its direction to make it harder to parry, etc.
So its like 2d vs 3d. Not to mention weapons clashing of each other if they happen to intersect and also chambering.

Make a video. Show me that shit in multiplayer.
Here is a dev video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA&t=418s
Idk. Its as easy as it looks, just press any attack button when you hear opponent's weapon stricking yours during a parry and its a riposte.
Maybe you meant chambers not riposte? I've rarely been able to pull them off so far.

Seethe

Arbiter

Talking about multiplayer - it's completely broken. Everyone goes for the thrust stabbing attacks. Great tactic ... but then the biggest enemy is the lag. You click attack, your sword doesn't move and the enemy gibs you instantly. Rinse and repeat. I've played a couple of games, it was hilarious as in the team with less lag was winning the game. You could simply see who is winning by checking the team's ping ladder: more green - winning, more red - losing. Their network code must be utter garbage and the game is basically in a un-releasable state.

Fuck this shit.

Yeah, many times I left click to attack and my attack simply does not register. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Fuck this shit.

Yeah, many times I left click to attack and my attack simply does not register. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Apparently I'm a retard and I only learn the hard way therefore I've put 2 more hours into the game (I cannot refund it anyway). I wanted to test exactly what you mentioned: why my hits don't register ... sometimes.

I tried to swing at the same time as my opponents. From 50 tries (more ore less), the swords clanged exactly 2 times and the rest of the time I got rekt. In almost all the cases the opponent had better ping (30ms versus my 60ms ping).

In fact if someone looks at the score ladder then it will notice that first positions are occupied by catapults faggots and low ping players. Great game. GGGGG-gggg-GG-gggggit gud!

Uninstalled. This shit was not ready for release.

Martyr

Arcane

Fuck this shit.

Apparently I'm a retard and I only learn the hard way therefore I've put 2 more hours into the game (I cannot refund it anyway). I wanted to test exactly what you mentioned: why my hits don't register ... sometimes.

I tried to swing at the same time as my opponents. From 50 tries (more ore less), the swords clanged exactly 2 times and the rest of the time I got rekt. In almost all the cases the opponent had better ping (30ms versus my 60ms ping).

In fact if someone looks at the score ladder then it will notice that first positions are occupied by catapults faggots and low ping players. Great game. GGGGG-gggg-GG-gggggit gud!

hast thou played Chivalry? if yes, can you compare the two?
asking because I already own Chivalry and would like to know if Mordhau is an "upgrade" to Chivalry.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Fuck this shit.

asking because I already own Chivalry and would like to know if Mordhau is an "upgrade" to Chivalry.

I did not play Chivalry therefore I cannot compare them. Sorry.

Seethe

Arbiter
I would hardly consider it a massive upgrade. It is an upgrade, because in Chivalry you could spin around like a ballerina and hit people offscreen while dodging the attack. It still boils down to the same thing though: you duel a guy, and then some archer snipes you across the map or you get decapitated from behind.

PrettyDeadman

The game is pretty good. Very responsive. I wish they had duel servers though and maps would've been better to setup one on one encounters. I am also not a fan that you can't conveniently change your equipment while in match.

Seethe

Arbiter

Fuck this shit.

By the way, you should try refunding it anyway. I managed to refund games I have played for 5 hours. Use broken matchmaking and crappy servers as a reason, they will probably refund it for you. I have refunded Mortal Kombat 11 with 4 hours of game time a few days ago.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Fuck this shit.

By the way, you should try refunding it anyway. I managed to refund games I have played for 5 hours. Use broken matchmaking and crappy servers as a reason, they will probably refund it for you. I have refunded Mortal Kombat 11 with 4 hours of game time a few days ago.

Thanks for info but I've bought from a reseller. Idk. Maybe the game gets some major improvements.

PrettyDeadman

I am sorry, but torro sounds like a person who judges the game based on his ignorance to games mechanics (and maybe his unfortunate geographical position / internet quality), not games actual flaws or virtues.

PrettyDeadman

Here's how server list looks for me (notice ping):
0ooAxdC.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I am sorry, but torro sounds like a person who judges the game based on his ignorance to games mechanics (and maybe his unfortunate geographical position / internet quality), not games actual flaws or virtues.

Maybe you can actually write 'toro' instead of 'torro'. It would be an improvement.

8234783751.png

I live in a second rate country but at least I got "Fuck you!" internet connection.

Do you have other excuses for Mordhau shitty servers?

Alpharius

Scholar

Fuck this shit.

Mordhau 1v1 combat is probably an "upgrade" over chivalry, 1vsMany - not so much.

You cant trade blows in mordhau since there is no "release" phase, if an opponent hits you 1 millisecond before your strike would have connected, you flinch and he receives no damage. Also it seems they nerfed team damage its like 50% or something (though its the same on official Chivalry servers) and there is a perk that decreases that further by half. So if you fight against several dudes at once they will swing their weapons with abandon and its very hard to land a blow on them because of flinch.

Also there is this :
dit: Played some more Frontline mode and unfortunately it sucks enormous hairy balls compared to Chivalry's TO. Its just a glorified team deathmatch cause it turned out the team with most kills wins, not the team that held objectives longer. :decline:

Already got bored of it.
Another thing i don't like is you cant even view scoreboard after the end of the match to see how much ass you kicked, which is kinda strange considering K/D is the only thing that matters in this mode.

Btw, network issues seem to have been fixed. Official servers are back to 64 players and i didn't notice any lags while playing today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom