Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 leaked... For the freakin Xbox360

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Stevee Wonder said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
Stevee Wonder said:
Black said:
It's actually pretty damn cool. Just like the rest of the story...

Nice contradiction, moron.

Holy shit, someone has an opinion different than the majority of the Codex! BURN THE HERETIC! Quick insult him so you fit in and look cool!
He meant you should write something more then "cool".

I could write a fucking 40 page dissertation and he would just say 'haha ur a dumb! fallout 3 sux!!!11'
Not true, please I will gladly read it and you won't here from me one bad word because you will show that you put some hard work into it.

Black

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Black said:
Stevee Wonder said:
an opinion

You know nobody here gives a shit about opinions? Especially about your opinions.
God damn moron.

I care more about the opinions of this alt who joined today than anyone else who posted in this abomination of a thread. He doesn't pretend to be a rebel wanting Kodex Kool Kreds by calling everything in FO 3 shit. What I accidentally read from your moronic spoilers doesn't warrant tens of pages of idiots going lolzers ahahah

Try again, now using your brain.

A user named cat

Dark Individual said:
I care more about the opinions of this alt who joined today than anyone else who posted in this abomination of a thread. He doesn't pretend to be a rebel wanting Kodex Kool Kreds by calling everything in FO 3 shit. What I accidentally read from your moronic spoilers doesn't warrant tens of pages of idiots going lolzers ahahah
Of course somebody with an "Unwanted" tag and banned avatar would back up a fellow dumbass, two dumbfucks in a pod. Wear that badge proudly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERp9JrFi_uM&

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
cares said:
Odds are the leak will impact Beth's sales of FO3.

I'm actually old enough to remember going to Egghead Software as a kid, back when once upon a time they existed offline, and having maybe a dozen and a half games to choose from. Few were a uniform size, and many were tricked out quality packages to draw the eye. Of which I could maybe whine my way into a parent's purchasing one of to occupy me for a couple months.

You had to be extremely selective of what you bought back then and you expected it to last you for a long time.

And they often COULD. Many lived up. Graphics sucked, were even nonexistant for such a long time it was a surprise to have any, and in the absence people actually had to have such a thing as a plot. Many plots involved possibly months of gameplay. I had a friend play Might and Magic I (or maybe II) off and on over the course of 10 years and I don't he finished it. Think he lost a piece of the 10 year old computer he played it on, which used to be mine, when he went to college. Wasn't that he was even bad at it, it was just that big a game and he'd even map most of it on graph paper - cause that's what you did back then or you got hideously lost.

It's no surprise that games from that time are often the beginning of chains we still see sequels or successors from today and of which people are awfully protective of.

Games twenty years ago practically were an art form and had a level of quality you just don't expect to see often these days cause few of them could really expect easy patches to be distributed if they made a mistake somewhere.

Now days games are prepackaged uniformly and fat kids wander out with 3-4 of them in thier grubby little hands which they are unlikely to finish before they see some other bit of sparkly flash they can buy next week. How many even finish most of the games bought anymore anyway to even see if it has a good ending?

Rarely do companies bother to polish or finish a game because people are at the point they'll pay money for anything new based on the hype and flash and big businesses thrive off of low consumer expectations because they can. It's not really profitable to insist on a quality release because thiers so little expectation let alone actual demand for one. If no one insists on a polished product anymore theirs very little reason to provide one.

So companies milk anything that they can churn a dime from and much like Hollywood has run out of ideas and keeps remaking old movies and television series from back when we had higher standards or from something they see internationally game compaines like to rip and run on old franchises.

Fallout 3 is basically the bastard child of FO: POS which has the same motivation as that Interplay travesty in porting to console for fast cash and foisting blood and bikini's on console kids who's expectations for what's good is based on limited experience with limited quality titles.

Writing and cohesive story elements used in a compelling fashion are white elephants these days, you practically give up on seeing them which makes them all the more precious when found - but outside of Bioware and Obsidian I just don't expect it, and given that Obsidian is the survivors of Black Isle and Troika it seems regrettable that bothering to actually tell a story doesn't actually seem to be a strong business plan anymore when writing doesn't even rate a back seat anymore to graphics. Writing might get to ride in a plastic travel pet shelter in baggage while Graphics rides in First Class getting blitzed on cocktails and pinching stewerdess ass.

The thing is even given all that, the whole reason to call it Fallout THREE and even play lipservice to the idea of appealing to the fanbase. Taking it 'seriously' and giving the franchise the treatment it 'deserves' is all hype geared towards actual fallout fans shelling out thier money to buy the game in the 'hope' the mere 'hope' that however unlikely the game will turn out better than they think it will be. The continual shine on by Bethesda is all geared towards maintaining that hope through careful reveals of what they want to show us until we hand over our money and buy our ticket to the freakshow. Once inside whether they keep the lighting low enough to hide the glue and stiches on the freak is immaterial since they have the money anyway.

If you have clicked on any spoiler threads though and read about the abyssmal storyline, however, maintaining any hope at all is nigh impossible.

The freak is in the light, thank you pirates.

Whether you reallly want to preorder or even pick up a game that will in all liklihood be in the bargain bin within 3 months is now a far easier decision process.

I so want to cancel my pre-order. I don't want to support Bethesda and this crap at all. It's painful, it's insulting, and a recycled Oblivion ending which was crap the first time around simply adds to the injury.

But I want a lunch box.

I bolded the relevant part of this insightful nma post if you don't want to read the whole thing...

that is the most awesome conclusion...didn't see it coming...

link to the original, plz?

Radisshu

Prophet
Stevee Wonder said:
I didn't like The Sixth Sense but I didn't go around to movie theaters and scream 'BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD!' because that's a jackass thing to do.

Oh, I forgot. FREEDOMZ OF SPEECHEZ!

fixed.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Radisshu said:
Stevee Wonder said:
I didn't like The Sixth Sense but I didn't go around to movie theaters and scream 'BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD!' because that's a jackass thing to do.

fixed.

Shows you how much I didn't like it, doesn't it. ;)

I'm glad you read it close enough to catch it though. Maybe someone else will and actually understand the point.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Dark Individual said:
Black said:
Stevee Wonder said:
an opinion

You know nobody here gives a shit about opinions? Especially about your opinions.
God damn moron.

Agreed. Well, sorta.

HardCode

Erudite
Kingston said:
What's the final battle like?

Basically, the BoS releases a huge Optimus Prime-like robot to join a fight. It's more like HL2 than FO. So when Emil claimed winning the game w/o combat, he probably just watch the robot fight without firing a gun. Then, you go into the room to enter the code to end the game, or ask the bitch to go into the room to end the game, or go into the room to insert the virus to end the game. GH3Y.

Zomg

Arbiter
whats going on in this thread :?:

Also, one week before Codex Stockholm Syndrome kicks in. Although I don't know if it works without the sub-Nicolais or Bryce.

Mic Turner

Novice
Stevee Wonder said:
I didn't like The Sixth Sense but I didn't go around to movie theaters and scream 'THE KID IS DEAD!' because that's a jackass thing to do.

Stevee Wonder, meet nemesis; nemesis, meet a poor guy who actually hoped Bethesda could make a good RPG, awakened to the horrible truth, and it's now scared, confused, and possibly NOT $50 poorer.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Oh yea, now I remember - when I saw one of the streams somewhere in the menu I think I saw the version of the game, I pretty sure it was 1.0.0.3 - only a side note.

uhjghvt

Scholar
Kingston said:
What's the final battle like?
after you meet the president face to f..err terminal you go into a room with a huge robot that's inside an elevator and it starts moving up to the surface. you follow it, along with a bunch of enclave guys and the robot starts marching forward along a predefined route while shooting lasers out of its eyes and shouting preposterous anti-communist slogans that I suppose are supposed to be some kind of lame satire or political commentary. I couldn't tell what the robot was actually fighting.

you follow behind it and it eventually reaches some kind of force field generator as tall as itself, it blabbers something about how hard this is going to be then destroys the force field. there's a big fight then you go down into another boring dungeon until you reach the filter and either convince the enclave chick who came with you to fix the filter or else do it yourself. I think you die either way but I'm not really sure it was hard to understand the voiceover.

miles foreman

Scholar
Radisshu said:
Stevee Wonder said:

fixed.

You fucking dick, I haven't seen that movie yet!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
miles foreman said:
Radisshu said:
Stevee Wonder said:

fixed.

You fucking dick, I haven't seen that movie yet!
He's dicking with you; Bruce Willis isn't dead.

Funnily enough I remembered Mel Gibson, and not Bruce Willis, playing in that film.

elander_

Arbiter
So are people tired of playing this shitty game already? It doesn't look like it takes more than 20 hours to finish it. 50E for a lame tech demo where you LARP a boy who lost his daddy.

Aikanaro

Liturgist
So, I was recently reminded of the ebook sitting on my hard drive on how to survive a nuclear war and decided to have a look at the plausibility of this plot. I mean, sure, gut instinct and logic tells me that needing a device to de-radiate the water 200 years after the nuclear war is stupid, but it's nice to get an expert opinion.

Myth: So much food and water will be poisoned by fallout that people will starve and die evin in fallout areas where there is enough food and water

Facts: If the fallout particles do not become mixed with the parts of food that are eaten, no harm is done. Food and water in dust-tight containers are not contaminated by fallout radiation. Peeling fruits and vegetables removes essentially all fallout, as does removing the uppermost several inches of stored grain onto which fallout particles have fallen. Water from many sources - such as deep wells and covered reservoirs, tanks, and containers - would not be contaminated. Even water containing dissolved radioactives elements and compounds can be made safe for drinking by simply filtering it through earth, as described later in this book

So basically, your father has invented the equivalent a soil filtration system? Um, yeah, good job. A true service to the post apocalyptic world.

(The book I'm quoting from can be downloaded here: http://www.nukepills.com/docs/nuclear_w ... skills.pdf -> has diagrams and everything on how to build your very own water filter)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom