Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2019 - RESULTS ARE OUT!

S.torch

Arbiter
You literally voted a STICK GAME for best rpg. It say much of what most people voted overrated there.

:mixedemotions:

More like the result of the games that caused more butthurt in gameplayfags.

Most exactly is a good list to measure the level of butthurt in different fanboyism schools*.

So the result could be:

1. Old fags contrary to every post-2000 game (TW3, MW, BG2, F:NV, etc)

2. Old combat-fags (RTwP is an aberration, real time is creepy, and Dark Souls is the popamole apocalypse!)

3. Old potato fans (MW ate my gothic!)

4. Anti-europoor's games muricans (TW3, D:OS 1&2, ELEX have not enough burgers)

5. Anti-Sawyer Brotherhood (Where is my FUN?)

6. Story-fags (What is an rpg? A good story!)

7. Anti VD mob (VD is wrong and his cheap whores fans are annoying)

*Please note that many voters are militants in more than one fanboyism branch

Mortmal

Arcane

Just to make sure I understand, are the below games appropriate because they are on pc?

FF7
FF9
FF10
FF6
Chrono Trigger
Valkyria Chronicles
Stranger of Sword City
Elminage gothic
Elminage Original
Octopath Traveler (june 2019)
Ys 8
DQ11

If not, then it makes sense that trash like Dungeon Siege 1 made the list last time, and I’d expect to see similarity trash titles voted for instead of some of the ones listed above.

You are wasting your time, this is not a forum for gamers who like rpgs , its apparently mostly for narrow minded people boasting their ego on the internet and spending more time on general discussion than gaming. Not everyone! There's still good people in, true gamers ,but they are dieing out and they aren't replaced by a new generation . They wont listen to you and even if they do they wont take it into consideration , its the only power they have in their sad life, to deny those titles from the list.... The platform you play the game on is irrelevant when you are true gamer only quality matter.
RPCODEX best rpg list doesn't means shit, its trash and its intended to be like, it always been .

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Just to make sure I understand, are the below games appropriate because they are on pc?

FF7
FF9
FF10
FF6
Chrono Trigger
Valkyria Chronicles
Stranger of Sword City
Elminage gothic
Elminage Original
Octopath Traveler (june 2019)
Ys 8
DQ11

If not, then it makes sense that trash like Dungeon Siege 1 made the list last time, and I’d expect to see similarity trash titles voted for instead of some of the ones listed above.

You are wasting your time, this is not a forum for gamers who like rpgs , its apparently mostly for narrow minded people boasting their ego on the internet and spending more time on general discussion than gaming. Not everyone! There's still good people in, true gamers ,but they are dieing out and they aren't replaced by a new generation . They wont listen to you and even if they do they wont take it into consideration , its the only power they have in their sad life, to deny those titles from the list.... The platform you play the game on is irrelevant when you are true gamer only quality matter.
RPCODEX best rpg list doesn't means shit, its trash and its intended to be like, it always been .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Fucking point buy system made for people who played only few games in their fucking lives. Thanks to this idiotic system I had to remove many great games from my vote list and distribution of points is fucked because I wasn't able to decide until very end distribution of points and said "fuck it!" and posted comment with points made while I almost fallen a sleep.
:argh:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ok, I already counted all the votes so far, so here's three questions for debate:

- Should votes for all games in the Trails in the Sky and Geneforge series be combined? I mean, does someone really starts playing Trails in the Sky from the second game?

- We got 9 new accounts from after the poll started. Should we allow them?

- How long the list should be? Between 70 at 100 there's a lot of ties, so there's no round number to pick. And if we go all the way to 100 we get some games that only 3 or 4 people voted for. Here's the votes & points:

lh2uyEn.png

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
- Should votes for all games in the Trails in the Sky and Geneforge series be combined? I mean, does someone really starts playing Trails in the Sky from the second game?
No, it gives them an unfair advantage IMO.

No.

How long the list should be? Between 70 at 100 there's a lot of ties, so there's no round number to pick. And if we go all the way to 100 we get some games that only 3 or 4 people voted for.
Top 80. From 71-80 the majority still have a double-digit of votes.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't get why it shouldn't be Top 100! Even those games that only a few people voted for still seem to be worth mentioning for them, so I would definitely be interested in having those visible.
(And if the points stay the way they are, make it Top 105. No harm in that.)

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

No.

Sure. Every vote counts.

- How long the list should be? Between 70 at 100 there's a lot of ties, so there's no round number to pick. And if we go all the way to 100 we get some games that only 3 or 4 people voted for.

Why not a top 50? If there are ties, put them at the same rank.[/quote]

Kitchen Utensil

Yeah, I don't care whether you call it a top 50, top 80 or top 100, as long as you show the full results somewhere.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I would exclude not only accounts made after the poll started, but also accounts with very few posts.

Yeah, if you can't manage at least 20 posts per year since you joined, you're either an alt or not really part of the community and shouldn't count

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom