Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2019 - RESULTS ARE OUT!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Dafuq guys? Since when has Fallout Tactics had the "Brotherhood of Steel" subtitle?

Taurist

Scholar
ELEX is a terrible game. Absolutely shameful that its in anyones top 70. Being moderately better than Risen 2 and 3 is not the same thing as being good. Dragon Age 3 is moderately better than Dragon Age 2.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Alpha Protocol went from #29 to just scraping by into the top 50.
Ultima Underworld and Mask of the Betrayer are out of the top 20.
Decline games like Witcher 3, Original Sin 2, and Pillars made it into the list at the expense of better games.

Other than Deus Ex making it into the top 10, this is complete and utter decline from the 2014 poll.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
I just want to everyone know that this thread changed my gaming life,i was about to start playing Dragon Age Origins but now i going to play Dragons Dogma instead.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
by the way poles shouldn't be allowed to vote in poll's that have polish games,poles are highly biased towards polish games,just look at gog.com ! the Witcher games are way too highly rated ! even the Witcher 2 is highly rated.

Poles = Cancer of RPG sites

SmoothPimp

Educated
ELEX voting is a pure nostalgia for mid-2000's. Mediocre ripoff of mediocre Gothic III. Blobbers voting obviously affected by demographic factors (core fans of late 80's games are at least in their mid 40's now).

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
felipepepe I checked my vote from that google docs sheet and apparently my single point votes for Eye of the Beholder 1, Might & Magic VI and Ultima VI hadn't been counted.
Here's my vote that I did btw.
3 points
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura

2 points
Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny
ADOM
Fallout 2
Star Control 2
Space Rangers 2
Baldur's Gate 2

1 point
Caves of Qud
Ultima VI: The False Prophet
Eye of the Beholder
Jagged Alliance 2
Might & Magic VI: Mandate of Heaven
Battle Brothers
Deus Ex

TheGameSquid

Scholar
After all this time, I'm still not sure if the Codex likes ELEX or if this is all part of some grand meme.
Haven't played it yet, but if Risen 2 and 3 are anything to go by...

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
felipepepe I checked my vote from that google docs sheet and apparently my single point votes for Eye of the Beholder 1, Might & Magic VI and Ultima VI hadn't been counted.
Here's my vote that I did btw.
3 points
Planescape: Torment
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura

2 points
Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny
ADOM
Fallout 2
Star Control 2
Space Rangers 2
Baldur's Gate 2

1 point
Caves of Qud
Ultima VI: The False Prophet
Eye of the Beholder
Jagged Alliance 2
Might & Magic VI: Mandate of Heaven
Battle Brothers
Deus Ex

YES ! my votes for dragon age 2,Assasin Creed Origins,doom 2016 and xcom 2 hadn't been counted too ! fuck felipepepe !! biased motherfucker !

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dark Heart of Urkel: 3 votes, dropping from the prestigious 69th position to outside the top 100:negative:
I know, I know, it's dumb to get upset at low turnout for obscure games, but this is sad (I count myself amongst the idiots here seeing as I didn't touch it until 2019). There's no reason why people who like Gold Box, Ultima, Wizardry et al. shouldn't love this game.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
By the way if my 5 points for Oblivion had been counted then Oblivion would jump to the 88# position ! Felipepepe is biased !! i demand a new poll !

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
Here is the Results WITH downvoting!
1ENnmzk.png

Most affected games positions:
Wither 3: 30 lower in list !!!
PoE1: 24 lower
D:OS2: 22 lower
ELEX: 15 lower
DA:O: 15 lower
D:OS1: 8 lower

Many people downvoted Planescape: Torment and BG2, but their positions are stable.

EDIT Sorry, corrected the link to image

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
The whole voting system is shit and rigged in a way that create conflicts between Codexers (as if we haven't enough of this shit already), why the fuck people should be forced to choose between games that they love? If I understand correctly, there is no commercial reason behind poll, so why the fuck we don't have a poll where you need to rate ALL fucking game in list + new ones and not only few "chosen one"? We have only like 400 people who interested in RPG, so I don't see a reason why there should be "competition" in votes, it's like forcing last two dodos in a race and reward will be title of "True last Dodo".

octavius

Arcane
Patron
by the way poles shouldn't be allowed to vote in poll's that have polish games,poles are highly biased towards polish games,just look at gog.com ! the Witcher games are way too highly rated ! even the Witcher 2 is highly rated.

Poles = Cancer of RPG sites

I heard your mom was a pole dancer.

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I really want to understand all the bitching about Witcher 3. I just dont understand why Codex (pretend to) hate it so much.

Excellent game with outstanding soundtrack, nice visuals, nice story and good rpg elements. Its a pretty good action rpg.

You need to get a life and move on. If Witcher is not a RPG, the same could be said about Dark Souls and lots of other games on this list.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom