Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which do you prefer?

Falloutboi

Barely Literate
Baldur's Gate 2 or Planescape: Torment? As someone who isn't all that into fantasy, I had a blast getting lost into BG's universe, but the story on Planescape blew my mind. I wanna hear what you all think.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Planescape Torment was an incredible one time experience. I've gotten years out of the BG series. Gotta give it to BG.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Baldur's Gate 2 is overrated as fuck ! you stats barely matter ! you get a fucking +18 charisma ring right at the beginning of the game ! BG2 barely have any C&C too and the story is shit ! i never played Planescape Torment but fallout 1,2,New Vegas,Deus Ex,Gothic 2,Vampire:TM shits easily on Baldur's Gate 2.

And that came from someone who have played hell alot of BG2.

Falksi

Arcane
I just couldn't ever finish PS:T. It was just too much text, too shit gameplay to wade through. Can see why people love it, but BG2 was a far, far more enjoyable experience hands down.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Honestly both are way below other games like Fallout for me, but choosing between them I'd probably go with BG2. As Abhay said, gameplay over story.

Baldur's Gate 2 for nearly all reasons. PS:T is excellent, but something it's you can only really play once. It might as well be a point-and-click adventure.

aeroaeko

Learned
Plansescape and it's not even close. If you pick Baldurrs Gay over PST you have an iq in the double digits and there is no saving you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Both are great,torment have better writing and setting while bg have more of free flow fantasy feeling. Both of games have shit ton of things to find while exploring. Still Arcanum is the best RPG ever made.

Ulfhednar

Savant
The best part of PS:T is the exciting and challenging RTwP combat system. I've enjoyed hours of left clicking on weakened thugs in the Hive and watching TNO and Morte pursue them endlessly through the streets.

The Throne of Bhaal expansion to BG2 has one of the most epic story lines in cRPG history. It's basically the plot to Highlander, and that movie has Sean Connery in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom