Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The lack of carnage in FPS games is disappointing and feels sterile, dated, and pathetic.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Overall video games lacks of violence and sex.

The left,democrats,liberals and Jews are the ones to blame.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Wow, that was a whole lot of nothing. OMG, TF2 now has different shading!

and a whole lot fewer 'cool effects' like spent ammo dropping or weapon animations corresponding to shooting

you know

the things mentioned in the op

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WRT TF2, the lighting on the environment is mostly precalculated and the differences are most likely due to the lightmapper shooting random rays that were different from the previous time they were calculated (in Source engine games you have to recalculate the lightmaps every time you compile the map, you cannot reuse them). It is common to use random rays for calculating indirect lighting in lightmappers and unless you use an obscene number of rays (which can take an obscene amount of time), you'll get small variations. This does not affect the performance at all though.

This is my guess by looking at the video, anyway.

Everything lacks a proper punch lately, not just shooters. Remember them juicy overkill animations in fallout? I remember...

Combining FX, animations and sounds together seems like a long lost art. It's been years if not decades since I felt good using a shotgun in games.

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom