Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Decline 32: The Wheel Turns

sqeecoo

Arcane
maxresdefault.jpg

Well friends, it's time for a new Codex game! We've been a while without one. Seems reasonable to start again in the Early Age. Here's the rules:

Early Age

Free for All, no mods (I could be talked into Worthy Heroes if people want it)
Non-binding diplomacy, binding trades
Nations: Free picks, first come first served (switch if you have to, but not more than once)
Map: https://files.catbox.moe/1sndd6.zip
Thrones: 12 lvl one thrones, 8 to win
Cataclysm turn 100, 6 global slots
Other settings llamaserver defaults (common events, no story events, difficult AI)
Turn timer: 24 h to start, increase by popular demand
Extensions: At will but limited to one 24h extension per turn
(barring exceptional circumstances like computer trouble or announced absence)

That should be clear enough.

llamalink: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline32v1

Paging our dominions bros: Dayyālu, KoolNoodles, Lizzurd, Grimwulf, Matalarata, Eadee, Infinitum, Isiloon, BING XI LAO, Olinser, Berekän, Malakal, Johannes, coldcrow, JagreenLern, Muty, Joined on the 4th of July, mondblut , Chef_Hathaway, etc., feel free to ping if I forgot someone who might want to play.

We'll also use this discord channel to chat, for those who prefer that. https://discord.gg/nGAFUsW

Let's get this party started!

Player List (Dayyālu watch how it's done):

1. Olinser - Niefelheim
2. Popot - Mekone
3. Dayyālu - Lanka
4. coldcrow - Yomi
5. BING XI LAO - Mictlan
6. Isiloon - Xibalba
7. Berekän - Fomoria
8. sqeecoo - Marverni
9. Lizzurd - Caelum
10. Arco - Sauromatia
11. KoolNoodles - Kaliasa
12. shalis - Arcoscephale

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Mm. Tempting, but too much of a time sink. I'll sit this one out I think. Have Fun*!

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, since the first rush of joiners has passed I'll go ahead and pick Marverni. I visited Stonehenge recently and loved it, so it seems appropriate.

60231484-388528328421005-4080537252701143040-n.jpg

I'll give it a couple of more days for people to join. How do you guys feel about cartographic revision? Without additional tinkering, it'd create a very nice and balanced random map for us with tailored starting positions - the drawback being that everyone could load up the map and see where everyone is located. Does that seem ok? It'd be my first choice, maps are nice and balanced and everyone has the same amount of foreknowledge, but I can see people thinking it was less fun to know your neighbors in advance.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Low born scum will be consumed for the growth and sustenance of the children of the Nephilim

3F697CE000000578-0-image-a-6_1492685700673.jpg

Infinitum

Scholar
I'll give it a couple of more days for people to join. How do you guys feel about cartographic revision? Without additional tinkering, it'd create a very nice and balanced random map for us with tailored starting positions - the drawback being that everyone could load up the map and see where everyone is located. Does that seem ok? It'd be my first choice, maps are nice and balanced and everyone has the same amount of foreknowledge, but I can see people thinking it was less fun to know your neighbors in advance.

There's also this mapmaking tool, which honestly looks better than CR as far as I can tell. More customizable maps/connections for one. Haven't used it myself mind.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I tried that out. Zoomed in it looks alright, for a mapmaker. Zoomed out on full wraparound hurts my eyes. Too many forests? Too uniform? I don't know. Not really sure it is any better than the in-game generator for our purposes. But, I didn't mess with it much.

:negative:
dFJueEE.jpg

3WvT1Rc.jpg
xzLINpP.jpg

Also, I'll be Kailasa.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Hahaha fookin' liblulz

Yeah - it's very balanced!

but it doesnt really have much interesting geography or natural borders - I believe this problem could be fixed by much larger sized and much more clustered water provinces

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom