Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
And you wouldn't have got this if you were not part of the union? Only people that give tax get the benefits or everyone?

The benefits applied to everyone, regardless of union membership. However, without the union, there wouldn't be any benefits to distribute because no one was doing anything, which management wants.

The "tax," or dues, as they are correctly termed, shouldn't be a deterrent for people who want to unionized or join a union. This is money that can be used to hire competent labor attorneys, among other expenses required to run a successful union.

Destroid

Arcane
Spoken like someone who never had to pay rent.
Yeah,i do own my house.

I dislike that union shit and thing that it should be up to the workers to negotiate better condition for themself. The whole thing is that it is a different culture and work ethics. I believe that workers are hired to do a certain work under disclosed conditions,if the worker doesn't like he should just leave.

Many workers, especially in industries in which managers can take advantage of them, don't know the first thing about negotiation. When someone is hired in a REAL job, they often can negotiate their salary and vacation/sick time. Many don't. A union helps. They negotiate on behalf of the employees to establish guidelines on how employees should be paid and how much time is allotted. That is a simple example of how a union helps employees. There are tons of other benefits, and video game developers unionizing is a good thing.

The workers-are-on-their-own mentality is toxic and playing into the hands of the managers, who, of course, don't want unions so they can work employees to the bone and pay them the bare minimum.
Sure in some works union makes sense,but in many it doesn't. Why are so many people so butthurt about that shit i don't get it. Most unions in the end work for the parasites that are on top of them,they are not a bunch of workers,they are lawyers and other sweettalkers. Also don't you have to pay money to the unions,it sounds like a fucking extortion to me. Unions make sense for a big production factories and cities where you have a mass of working people that could be fucked. It doesn't make sense for a low count and spread around jobs or for works that are easily replaced. Another thing is that unions are past their useful time,they are a product of the Victorian era.

Does it help if you think of your union fees like paying for an insurance policy?
I don't pay for those too.
:excellent:
It is fascinating how different the culture and thinking about such thing is. Here everyone tries to keep his money for themself and give as little as possible,while in the west people are constantly giving money for what could be things.

Level of corruption and trust in institutions, warranted or not.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hear some horror stories and some silver linings behind the childhood dream job of being a game tester. Also, get some tips on how to spot the good employers versus the bad ones.

Special thanks to Skillshare.com for sponsoring this video. Skillshare is a website for online video courses providing instruction for several real-life professional skillsets. The first 500 subscribers to visit https://skl.sh/superbunnyhop get 2 free months.

4:46 Low Pay
8:01 Layoffs
9:32 Bug Quotas
11:08 Classism
13:16 Careers in QA

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I get the appeal, but I still don't believe the tech will stick.
F-Zero GX in VR would be pretty cool though. Damn it, why doesn't Nintendo do a sequel? :negative:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I feel like I'm on the verge of one more video being about some weeb shit or like how video game jewel case makers are being undervalued before I unsubscribe. I miss the MGS stuff, but I guess the signs were there the whole time.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I feel like I'm on the verge of one more video being about some weeb shit or like how video game jewel case makers are being undervalued before I unsubscribe. I miss the MGS stuff, but I guess the signs were there the whole time.
Same here. His latest videos are just boring.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
More like his last 2 years of content. Why the fuck are you people still subscribed to this garbage is beyond me.

DeepOcean

Arcane
When he isn't lazy as fuck, he can make entertaining videos, right now he is on Spoony territory of zero relevant content. I almost forgot this dude existed.

HansDampf

Arcane
More like his last 2 years of content. Why the fuck are you people still subscribed to this garbage is beyond me.
Perhaps the same reason why you are following this thread.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When he isn't lazy as fuck, he can make entertaining videos, right now he is on Spoony territory of zero relevant content. I almost forgot this dude existed.
That's a bit harsh. Spoony did nothing in his last years. George at least makes videos, even if the content is pretty meh.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant

Hear some horror stories and some silver linings behind the childhood dream job of being a game tester. Also, get some tips on how to spot the good employers versus the bad ones.

Special thanks to Skillshare.com for sponsoring this video. Skillshare is a website for online video courses providing instruction for several real-life professional skillsets. The first 500 subscribers to visit https://skl.sh/superbunnyhop get 2 free months.

4:46 Low Pay
8:01 Layoffs
9:32 Bug Quotas
11:08 Classism
13:16 Careers in QA

shilling for sponsor product mid-video=cancer
He parked it 2/3rds of the way in to catch you off-guard, so he's being pretty aggressive and douchey about it, too. Instant dislike.

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Too many VR videos and videos about some obscure video game related thing he saw while in Japan. Just find it really hard to care about these topics.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Perhaps the same reason why you are following this thread.
To have a laugh at how bad the next time will be? I follow it to see people respond,i stopped watching that retard a few years ago. Every 6 months i get a notification and makes me "the fuck was that thread about" then i remember that it was about this retarded hobo.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It is incredible how his earnings have gone from $5.2k/month in June 2018 to $3.7k/month in June 2019. 30% loss in one year. I seriously doubt that $45k/year before tax is "quit your job and turn pro-youtuber" money, even in Georgia (I think that's where he lives?) - and that's assuming he doesn't have any paid employees. God knows what they must make.

It looks like he is trying to turn it around, going back to publishing more than one video per month - but even since he changed tack he's only managed to slow the trend - he's slightly worse than flat in cash terms for the last three months.

Posters in this thread don't seem to be the only ones disappointed (numbers in this image are for all-time):

6JyHV1o.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom