Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Meh. NIOH 2 will be better.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Ghost of Tsushima is an open world with a checklist of collectibles press x to win assassin's creed-like game, from creators of Infamous (boring garbage). Made exclusively for playstation.
Nioh 2 is an action/adventure/rpg from creators of prestigous combatfag games such as Ninja Gaiden, and it may actually be released on PC.

That's a straight up Virgin vs Chad situation.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So we have a boring tumbling simulator for mechanotards and a open world time waster from amricans studio telling us about japland:roll:,made for authist feather collectors. Both of those games will be most likely a mediocre garbage. If you want something good,then go and replay some games from the old times,like might and magic world of xeen!

Latelistener

Arcane
I have a feeling they'll fuck up open world as always. Instead of creating an interesting environment all they're trying to do is fill it with question marks.

sullynathan

Arcane
Ghost of Tsushima Out June 26: Collector’s & Digital Deluxe Editions Detailed
maxresdefault.jpg

Share this on Facebook (opens in a new window)Share this on Twitter (opens in a new window)
Watch the new story trailer and feast your eyes on the newly revealed Special, Collector's, and Digital Deluxe editions of the game.

79245467_2897694736921123_7435908915725860864_n.jpg

Andrew GoldfarbCommunications Manager, Sucker Punch Productions
Ghost of Tsushima is coming to PS4 on June 26! It is so exciting to finally be able to announce our release date, and even better that it’s just a few months away. We can’t wait to share the world we’ve created!

Today we revealed a brand-new trailer that showcases our hero, Jin Sakai. In the past, we’ve shown the world around Jin, but this time we wanted to give you a taste of the people he meets along his journey and the scale of the threat that forces him to transform into a new kind of warrior. While you’ll catch glimpses of several of Jin’s allies and enemies in today’s trailer, there are two we want to focus on in particular.

The first is Jin’s uncle, Shimura, the jito (lord) of Tsushima and a father figure to Jin. He’s trained Jin since childhood in the traditional ways of the samurai, and grows increasingly concerned by the tactics Jin starts to adopt as he abandons his teachings and becomes The Ghost. The second important character we’re highlighting today is Khotun Khan. The Khan is the leader of the invading Mongol army and a ruthless, cunning enemy who uses everything he knows about the samurai to try to destroy them. He’s a brutal, unrelenting adversary that Jin will quickly learn not to underestimate.

Beyond our new trailer, we also have multiple editions of Ghost of Tsushima to reveal today. A pre-order of any edition (including the Launch Edition at select retailers) gets you some bonuses — a Jin avatar, a digital mini soundtrack featuring select songs from the game, and a Jin PS4 dynamic theme based on our box art.

If you want to go fully digital, you can now pre-order Ghost of Tsushima at PlayStation Store. You’ll also find our Digital Deluxe Edition, which includes a digital copy of the game along with the Hero of Tsushima skin set, which provides an additional in-game horse, saddle, mask, sword, and armor set for Jin*. The Digital Deluxe also includes two in-game items: the Charm of Hachiman’s Favor and one technique point*, as well as a Samurai PS4 dynamic theme. There’s also a digital mini art book by Dark Horse, plus our Director’s Commentary, in which our creative team sits down with a renowned Japanese historian to look at the world of Ghost of Tsushima and how it compares to the real-life events that inspired it.

$69.99 USD / 89.99 CAD MSRP

We also have two physical edition options. The first is our Special Edition, which includes a SteelBook case plus a voucher for an in-game Hero of Tsushima mask and sword skin*, Charm of Hachiman’s Favor, one technique point, the Director’s Commentary, and the digital mini art book.

$69.99 USD / 89.99 CAD MSRP

But the set I am most excited to get my hands on is our Collector’s Edition, which has a replica mask. It’s a re-creation of one you’ll wear in the game, and it’s heavy (made from polyresin). It’s not meant to be worn, but it includes an individually-numbered display stand so you can keep it on a shelf to impress your friends or terrify your enemies. On top of that, there’s also a sashimono (war banner) just like you’ll see in the game that’s nearly 4.5 feet long, and a traditional-style furoshiki (wrapping cloth). You’ll also get a copy of the game with a SteelBook case, a physical 48-page mini art book by Dark Horse, and an artistic rendition of our full world map printed on cloth. Also included is a voucher for all of the digital content from the Digital Deluxe Edition listed above.

$169.99 USD / $219.99 CAD MSRP

We are so excited to be so close to launch and we have so much more to share soon! Keep track of everything by keeping an eye on Sucker Punch’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts, as well as Ghost of Tsushima’s official site.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The last exclusive of PS4... End of an era..
My guess is Bloodborne was probably the last permanent exclusive. All the other Sony games will come to PC sooner and later, including this one. The PC market is just too big now, nobody can afford to ignore it anymore, let alone publicly traded companies.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It looks EXACTLY like that Assassin's Creed from Japan everyone has been always yapping about. The combat is straight from the old AC games where a bunch of mobs are standing around and you parry-kill everything in a quick succession.

Lol.

EDIT: Seems you can't play as a female samurai. A shamefur dispray.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not watching it, is there anything that DOESN'T look like it was copied from BatmanCreed and Witcher?
Eh...it's way more beautiful Ubisoft has ever done. Music, UI, art direction is incredibly stylish. Maybe even better than Sekiro.

Apart from that it's almost a hilarious copy of AC (the old formula).

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The artstyle is beautiful and the world design seems pretty solid, it's a shame that it's content and gameplay seem so boring and derivative of every modern trend.

Seriously there where times when they would show a location I thought: "Hey. However designed that place seemed to know what he was doing. This might be a nice open world to explore...".
And then some UI check list would appear, confirming that was only one out of many menial tasks the game considers "content".
Then we get to the combat and AI, which gave me flashbacks to my AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations playthrough where the combat resumed to counters and the stealh to distractions and aerial kills.

It's literally the same shit as every other PS4 exclusive...

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's what sells these days. I might pick it up once it goes on sale. I haven't played a AAA game in a long time. I'm a sucker for the setting and I certainly won't miss a chance to kill Tur... I mean Mongols.

Terenty

Liturgist
Lol at the shameless genericness of this game. Sony doesn't have any talented first party studio it seems

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom