Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Daily reminder Arabs during their expansion and medieval era used straight swords.

See picture for what they actually looked like:

70f984a1fa7f1550ccd6ef4d52bf6c8e.jpg

Looks similar design to chinese Jian.

I've always thought that scimitar styled blades originated from India or Persia.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Who releases a game at 19:00 CET?

Anyway, looking forward to all the negative ratings from 1000 hours+ players because of the 'Quickhands'+ Shield nerf...

What is the nerf?

Can't find patch notes, I used that stuff on my entire front line.
Changing to and from a shield will cost 4 AP, 'Quickhands' or not.

Watched a stream a couple of days ago where they patched it mid game.

Edit: Apparently it was the suggestion of some playtesters. Who knows if it will stay, but for now you'll have to change your 2H Bro build. I guess its an attempt to make 'sword+board' Bros (more) valid.

Doesn't bother me, never used the shield swap.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

Anyway, looking forward to all the negative ratings from 1000 hours+ players because of the 'Quickhands'+ Shield nerf...

What is the nerf?

Looks like it's back to avoiding goblins and bandit marksman :negative:.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

What is the nerf?

Why?

Just attack them during night.
2-handed killing power is wasted on gobbos anyways.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

What is the nerf?

Once you have your 2H Bros in 300/300 armor, projectiles shouldn't be too much of an issue.

And you can take 'Reach Advantage', wich is pretty reliable, at least for GreatswordBros. Maybe 'Gifted'.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Reach advantage is pretty shitty.
It should grant bonus either from MAtk or don't lose all the stacks on end turn.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Reach advantage is pretty shitty.
It should grant bonus either from MAtk or don't lose all the stacks on end turn.
Yeah, I actually take 'Gifted' instead, if given the choice.

I know 'It's a waste!' and all that (once your Bro reaches lvl 25...), but gaining 3 MDef all the time (+ boni for two other attributes) I still find preferable to getting + 5 (sometimes more) MDef most of the time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released:

https://af.gog.com/game/battle_brothers_warriors_of_the_north?as=1649904300

http://battlebrothersgame.com/warriors-of-the-north-release/

WARRIORS OF THE NORTH RELEASE

The ‘Warriors of the North’ DLC for Battle Brothers has been released into the world! Find it on Steam orGOG.

If you’d like to support us further and get a unique nordic banner as a ‘thank you’, you can also find a supporter addon to the DLC on Steam and GOG.

You can find a detailed explanation of what is contained in the DLC here.

The new music tracks by Breakdown Epiphanies have been added for free to the soundtrack on Steam and GOG for every current and future owner.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/365360/announcements/detail/1600378462816675083

Update 1.3.0.12
9 May @ 7:54pm - rapsdjff
10377f6038cbfa77aa3b8b0e1cdd078de41641b7.jpg

With the 'Warriors of the North' DLC comes a big free update that improves the game in many aspects. Below you'll find a list explaining the most important changes and additions.

Note that all of this is in addition to the many things brought by the 'Warriors of the North' DLC. You can purchase and wishlist it here.

If you'd like to continue your current campaign with the previous version of Battle Brothers, or continue to play it altogether without the DLC, you can do so as well. Find Battle Brothers in your Steam library, right-click it and select 'Properties'. Navigate to the 'Betas' tab and select the '1.2.x' branch from the dropdown menu. Steam should now update Battle Brothers, and once done, you're ready to go.

Starting a new campaign is recommended. You may continue your current campaign, but if you do, expect some glitches.

Note that most mods will not work anymore until they've been updated by their authors to work with the new version of Battle Brothers. Make sure to remove them, as otherwise the game may not work correctly or crash outright. This includes any language mods.

Changelog
  • Added new main menu background.
  • Added a choice between two company origins - the classic Hoggart start and a quick start that drops you right into the world. Owners of the 'Warriors of the North' and 'Beasts & Exploration' DLC get additional origins.
  • Added named variants of Ancient Dead and Goblin weapons.
  • Added additional loot items for Goblins.
  • Added new 'Relentless' perk which reduces the impact of fatigue on current initiative by 50%.
  • Added new 'Cultist Leather Hood' and 'Cultist Leather Robe' items.
  • Added 'Paint Remover' item for owners of the 'Beasts & Exploration' DLC. Can be both bought and crafted.
  • Added 15 new event illustrations and updated some older ones.
  • Added ability for Wiedergängers to pick up weapons from the ground.
  • Added new 'Auto-Pause After Leaving City' option.

• Changed named items to have new attributes depending on item type, e.g. named throwing weapons may have larger stacks.
  • Changed crafting costs of some consumables from 'Beasts & Exploration' DLC to be lower.
  • Changed supply caravans to randomly carry either tools, medicine or ammunition in a significant quantity.
  • Changed trading caravans to carry tools, medicine and ammunition in small quantities.
  • Changed general frequency of events to be slightly higher.
  • Changed Goblin City and Witch Hut to have slightly less opponents, and Kraken to have slightly less hitpoints, to tighten the run-up to your next challenges after the first late game crisis has been defeated and you choose not to retire. The Black Monolith remains as challenging as ever. New campaign required to take effect.
  • Changed ranged attacks hitting tiles other than the intended target to have their damage reduced by 25%.
  • Changed 'Quick Hands' perk to no longer apply to shields.
  • Changed 'Bags & Belts' perk to also apply to shields again.
  • Changed 'Duelist' perk to still work if having a throwable tool (e.g. a throwing net) in the offhand.
  • Changed 'Resilient' perk to reduce any negative status effect duration to 1 turn, instead of decreasing it by 1 turn.
  • Changed fatigue cost of 'Adrenaline' skill to 20, down from 25.
  • Changed fatigue cost of 'Indomitable' skill to 25, up from 20.
  • Changed 'Throw Net', 'Throw Acid Flask' and 'Throw Blessed Water' skills to benefit from fatigue cost reduction when having the Throwing Mastery perk.
  • Changed 'Shoot Bolt' skill of crossbows to cost 3AP, up from 2AP, and 'Reload' skill to cost 4AP, down from 7AP.
  • Changed crossbows to inflict 33% damage to Ancient Dead and Alps, up from 10%. Bows continue to inflict just 10% damage against these opponents, but the new Staff Sling inflicts 33% damage as well.
  • Changed stack size of 'Spiked Bolas' to 6, up from 5.
  • Changed AI to make better decisions in a variety of situations.
  • Changed 'Lock Camera' option on worldmap to turn off automatically when using WASD or dragging the camera.
  • Changed various minor things for the better.

• Fixed various bugs and issues.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
>Changed crossbows to inflict 33% damage to Ancient Dead and Alps, up from 10%. Bows continue to inflict just 10% damage against these opponents, but the new Staff Sling inflicts 33% damage as well.
>but the new Staff Sling inflicts 33% damage as well.
I thought stones should actually work well against bones.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems crossbows got a decent boost. Only 7 AP to shoot+reload now, in addition to increased effectiveness vs skellingtons. OTOH:

Changed ranged attacks hitting tiles other than the intended target to have their damage reduced by 25%.
What the hell kind of bullshit is this? Why?

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
man why the fuck does infinitron get so fucking TRIGGERED over any sort of joke about pirating or like anti dev talk

you dont even post in this thread on a regural basis you just come here to like autistically report the news that literally like everyone iTT knows since we are all autistically refreshing the store page

your hobby should be video games not video game forum

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

What is the nerf?

Yeah, bandit marksmen have always felt like they are unnaturally accurate. BTW, the expansion is out! Wohohoho!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom