Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

v1rus

Arcane
rite, i decided to play pathologic like 3 years ago, but upon hearing about this remake, decided to wait for it to finally give the game a try. Did the same thing with Outcast, and boy, was it worth it.

Now, i knwo almost nothing about the original game, and almost nothing about this, except the fact that its going episodic. What im wondering about it is - should i play Marble nest before the first episode? will it spoil the rest of the game?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Now, i knwo almost nothing about the original game, and almost nothing about this, except the fact that its going episodic. What im wondering about it is - should i play Marble nest before the first episode? will it spoil the rest of the game?
Play it. You won't see marble nest content in the final game, it's like a teaser.

Puteo

Learned
$35 and the other two characters "might be" paid DLC?

Not sure about this.

1 character is a complete playthrough of the story, the other two play through the same story just a different perspective and events.

Jinn

Arcane
Basically these guys have my money already for having made some of the most unique, intriguing, at times mind-blowing games I've ever played. Pathologic deserves this modern interpretation, if only to be experienced in some way by as many people as possible. I have a bad feeling about Icepick's future unfortunately considering the length of this development cycle (it must have cost A LOT), but I want to support them as much as I can. Despite what we may see in regards to the Bachelor and Changling campaigns, I have no doubt that this - the Haruspex's campaign - will be beautifully presented.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gotta admit, I never played Pathologic but do acknowledge its cult status, and I really admire the dedication from fans towards this game based on comments in this thread.

So I pre-ordered it out of curiosity. The devs need help to make the next two chapters anyway, hope they can make it:greatjob: trailer reminds me of Rusty Lake, eerie, bizarre, somewhat abnormal, love me some magical realism too.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
$35 and the other two characters "might be" paid DLC?

Not sure about this.

1 character is a complete playthrough of the story, the other two play through the same story just a different perspective and events.

Yes, I am familiar with Pathologic. Not sure what is the meaning behind this post. I am not against them releasing the game episodically, but when they want people to pay $35 for 1/3 of the game (compared to Classic HD, which is $13) but still might charge for the rest of the game... I'm not a fan of that. I also don't like how they don't have a firm answer other than "they might be paid DLC, we'll see." Doesn't really strike me w/ confidence and seems ultimately damaging to their marketing. Is the Unity engine and a more streamlined UI worth double the price for less content?

alyvain

Learned
Yes, I am familiar with Pathologic. Not sure what is the meaning behind this post. I am not against them releasing the game episodically, but when they want people to pay $35 for 1/3 of the game (compared to Classic HD, which is $13) but still might charge for the rest of the game... I'm not a fan of that. I also don't like how they don't have a firm answer other than "they might be paid DLC, we'll see." Doesn't really strike me w/ confidence and seems ultimately damaging to their marketing. Is the Unity engine and a more streamlined UI worth double the price for less content?

You really expecting good marketing from them? They even had licensed soundtrack being printed on CD two years prior to the game release.

I also don't know why you think that paid-DLC' will cost 35$ (if they gonna implement them).

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

You really expecting good marketing from them? They even had licensed soundtrack being printed on CD two years prior to the game release.

I also don't know why you think that paid-DLC' will cost 35$ (if they gonna implement them).

1. Didn't they partner with an indie publisher for marketing reasons?
2. Where did I state the paid DLC will cost $35? I said the game is $35, which includes only 1 character. The paid DLC would be on top of that.

alyvain

Learned
1. Didn't they partner with an indie publisher for marketing reasons?
2. Where did I state the paid DLC will cost $35? I said the game is $35, which includes only 1 character. The paid DLC would be on top of that.

2. Sorry, I guess I fucked my eyes

Mark Richard

Arcane
I'll definitely grab a copy now that GOG announced the game is coming to the store. Unfortunately they don't take payment in walnuts.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Uh huh huh. The game is out and the keys are supplied as well right? I'm not getting mine, keep getting "internal server error" when I try to redeem it. Halp!

Edit: Solved. I had to actually confirm my tier and "place and order"

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Bought this game on Steam. Ready to go home and walk along the banks of the Gorkhon. Will it be out at the normal store update time or will it be based on Russian times?

Got over that doubt, I see. :incline: prevails!

Puteo

Learned
Good news for those with "lesser" rigs, a dev on the steam forum has mentioned that a number of major performance issues in the demo have been fixed in the release version.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Also I think there was some problem with NVIDIA in the demo, I have an AMD card and had no issues. Nice to have it fixed regardless, and even more optimized. IIRC a dev on the Steam forum said the latest demo build is actually two months old.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Interested to see if this solves the pacing issues the original game apparently has. Almost started a playthrough of it some months ago but learned afterwards that the sequel was actually a remake.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'm still baffled by the publisher mandate to call this Pathologic 2. All it does is confuse people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom