Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: Three Kingdoms - the next major historical Total War title set in ancient China

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think there was one actual female general in the story? It was one of Liu Bei's wives.
If you mean this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...hree_Kingdoms#Liu_Bei_and_Lady_Sun's_marriage it's really a fake. Lady Sun was not more a military commander than the child emperor. Nominally - yes, but ordering military forces - she didn't have the education for it.

Drakron

Arcane
I'm watching the first LP of the ~*historical*~ mode. What's the deal with the women generals? I somehow doubt they were a thing in 2nd-3rd c. China.

Actually Lady Zhurong was Meng Huo wife and is the only woman in the novel who participates in fighting, she is also ... a fictional character.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like those "Special currencies" which are the same resource renamed. Really immerses me. Retards.

tabacila

Augur
Was watching their newest live stream.
On the plus side they finally added the ability to move your capital.
On the 'I don't really care side' they reworked the unit cards to clearly show a dude with a weapon, instead of those ink effects.
On the 'Oh God it's still retarded' side the AI attacked a settlement with a bigger army and with ranged superiority, but then decided to suicide charge it's general into spears, attack only one entrance all while keeping half his army on the other side of the map unengaged for most of the battle. Day one purchase.

Dux

Arcane
Uhh, this fucking franchise.

The most unoptimised and stagnant out there, I swear. Complete lack of competition will do that, I suppose.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist

The new unit stats window looks awful.

Takeaways :
00:00-18 : lol new stuff to learn every game? You could substitute the tutorial with the Scottish guy's tutorial for the first half of the first mission of AoE2 and you'd learn most of what you'll need to to play any TW game.
00:30 : the UI that shows unit stats obscures peripheral vision. Why not put that box at the bottom?
00:50 : peasant / rabble units(at least for this faction) don't have wymnz in them. Improvement over Attila where they were there in the near universal Germanic Levy unit.
02 :48 : those units without shield have some attributes as zero, which means they're finally putting in the percentages that determine unit's real stats (ie block chance, missile block chance etc) instead of undescribed and unexplained ''melee defence''
03:24 : missile units also have as much numbers as melee units. Normally skirmishers have had lesser number of men in the units, so that's a change too
03:56 : cavalry is now 30 men per unit?
04:40 : half of a unit fights in melee while another fires at a ranged enemy? That's a first I think unless they had it in Warhammer. Will be interesting to see how they respond to commands like stop and attack. Hopefully smart enough to not shoot their allies in the back.
05: 14 : classified as glaive infantry? So that must be a new class of unit.
06:30 : So shieldwall is back, despite being present in Rome 2 and Attila. Hopefully they fixed its problems with formation attack where you don't need to be in formation attack to be in shieldwall, hence making it an increase stats button. Same with the unit depth; hopefully, they don't allow spaghetti lines in shieldwall to be effective like in Rome 2.
06:53 : extreme unit sizes? In Attila and Rome 2, 120 men per unit was large unit sizes.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
What a shit. Give proper history game for civilized men, like Empire II or Medieval III rather than some kind of fucked kung fu cartoons for teens with social disorder. If i want chinese shit i will buy something from Ikea, car from Volvo or something. How do You expect us to fight for fuck sake and why?
To become mega chef of chinese restaurant or dominate global economy with slave work ?
It is really hard to imagine something less interesting than chinese mumbling and anime fuckheads clashing in battles using superpowers. What the fuck it is? Where the fuck are Rome Total War Times or Medieval ones.

Enosh

Arcane
Ah yes Liu Bei

zOUILM4.gif

ZeniBot

Cipher
Here is pretty informative review,to me it looks like a lot of busy work and side garbage.

Lol I'm watching the review thinking he's shilling I mean sure the campaign maps been improved but it no doubt will have the same issues Empire had because there's a reason all titles since Shogun 2 used the railroad roadblock approach to map design its because their AI can't path properly
I anticipate 10 full stacks roaming around country side doing nothing. The UI is all kinds of fuck. This is the most declined UI design I've ever seen in a game.

But the review was funny, He gushes on Campaign Map but then gets to Battles. The battles are WORSE than Rome 2's. I'm hoping the game bombs. Also looks as if to facilitate the new army sizes they downgraded the graphics and AI.

I really dislike it when reviewers include affiliate links. To me its a very scummy practice.

Last edited:

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see CA is going for a full Imperator: Rome disaster. Great, means more proven content that generates revenue, Warhammer probably, maybe Medieval. Although Warhammer is their safest bet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Here is pretty informative review,to me it looks like a lot of busy work and side garbage.

Lol I'm watching the review thinking he's shilling I mean sure the campaign maps been improved but it no doubt will have the same issues Empire had because there's a reason all titles since Shogun 2 used the railroad roadblock approach to map design its because their AI can't path properly
I anticipate 10 full stacks roaming around country side doing nothing. The UI is all kinds of fuck. This is the most declined UI design I've ever seen in a game.

But the review was funny, He gushes on Campaign Map but then gets to Battles. The battles are WORSE than Rome 2's. I'm hoping the game bombs. Also looks as if to facilitate the new army sizes they downgraded the graphics and AI.

I really dislike it when reviewers include affiliate links. To me its a very scummy practice.

Oh yeah,he was shilling,but the review itself was pretty informative. To me it looks pretty garbage on all fronts,most likely i will not play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom