Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When will we get the edgy evil RPG we deserve?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has there ever been a game that let you be more than just a Saturday morning cartoon villain?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has there ever been a game that let you be more than just a Saturday morning cartoon villain?

You can be clever evil in Kingmaker. Mask of the Betrayer probably has the best evil options in any CRPG, although it can get pretty melodramatic.

I thought Age of Decadence did mundane evil pretty perfectly: evil is a shortcut. e.g. if you want the regeneration potion but you don’t have the skills to steal it or persuade the locals to hand over the ingredients, you can murder an entire village full of innocents to get your hands on it. IIRC there’s no penalty for wiping them out, just a big reward. If you have the stats to kill whoever gets in your way, AoD makes it worth your while to be a cold hearted butcher. It’s not enough to give the player evil options, you also need to incentivize them.

Master

Arbiter
You could be pretty evil in Bloodlines but it didnt feel like it because you were a vampire and above human affairs.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Fallout 1.5: Resurrection Aka the edgiest Fallout game so far (that says something considering how edgy original FO1-2 is). No jokes, this mod has thoroughly developed alternative questlines for "evil" characters.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Dominions sounds like the game you are describing. In fact, you can play as a stationary blood fountain who communicates by possessing vestal virgin blood slaves. Or an elder lich who summons skeletons... you can play as fucking Cerberus FFS.

Dominions sure puts the S into SRPG, though. It also lacks a decent narrative due its sandboxy nature and lack of a campaign per se.

deuxhero

Arcane

All the games by this team have some really brilliant dialog options to be an asshole. Even the pachinko simulators (ESPECIALLY the Pachinko simulators).

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can buy and sell slaves, rob caravans, rig elections, became demon and elder deities possessed satan worshiper and join bratva in ATOM RPG. What is better that good path is not western cuckoldry ''good'' which means you do stuff for free for ungrateful brats of NPCs too lazy to move 5 meters and do their job. Instead you purge entire gangs, Help the local Shire-Riff by executing some more criminals, ensure that elections are won by honest and true Comrades, purge Lenin statue stealing mutant scum and then purge some vaguely SJW freaks as cherry on top of cake* to raise funds and found new True Orthodox Communism powered Desert Utopia**.

:killitwithfire::timetoburn::flamesaw::hero:

* Of course the good Path would trigger the western RPGs writers but they are mutant Comrade Stalin hating scum in need of good purge too.

** Results may Vary.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Dominions sounds like the game you are describing. In fact, you can play as a stationary blood fountain who communicates by possessing vestal virgin blood slaves. Or an elder lich who summons skeletons... you can play as fucking Cerberus FFS.

Dominions sure puts the S into SRPG, though. It also lacks a decent narrative due its sandboxy nature and lack of a campaign per se.
Yeah I know, it's a game that kind of inspired this thread.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKi...hat_is_the_worst_thing_you_have_done_in_ckii/

Wait, people see sacrificing infant children to Satan to boost their health as evil?

I sacrificed about 3 of my children after I got the health boost for shit and giggles.

I've exterminated entire families (plural) to inherit a single castle, not because it was the best way, but because it doesn't give an automatic opinion hit with my other vassals. Threw entire kingdoms into turmoil when I had their liege murdered because I wanted his new young wife for my eugenics program and he married her before she could respond to my offer to come to my court. Forced women into concubinage with some random man in another lord's court so that they would be willing to assist me in having that man's liege murdered. I've run a dysgenics program against my vassals by repeatedly marrying their children to my character's daughters so that they cannot effectively rebel against me. I conquered Jerusalem just so I could get my hands on a cup and a spear. I had multiple men and women cooked alive to gather the dark power needed for Satan to grow my character's "spear" back

I destroyed all holdings in mecca and medina and made it nomadic, effectively obliterating one of the most holy sites in the world.

I also did the same to Constantinople as Khazars.

I roleplayed an insane Aragonese King, who married young girls only to torture them and maim them.

I one killed 200+ children en masse.

As a King in North-Western India, I let my elephant stomp an infant because of my OCD.

I killed my mother because she kept asking me something about my extended family.

I challenged and killed my father in combat after he didn't show at my party.

I roleplayed as a Berber North African ruler, with the sole purpose to kidnap and rape Lombard and Italian women.

As a king in southern Spain, I instantly imprisoned and executed the Jews who showed up in my court.

I completely genocided Anglo-Saxon population in England, and left them with a reservation in Kent.

As a Jewish ruler I once acquired 780+ Muslim prisoners, and I executed them en masse.

Excommunicated my daughter in law, imprisoned her, assassinated her mother, commit suicide, then as my grandson executed my mother just to inherit England and get The Conqueror achievement.

once castrated a Serbian toddler as the Basileus, even the game called me a ‘piece of work’ or something like that, and there was also this one time where my character’s great grandson was also his son.

mondblut

Arcane

12-capture_011_10092012_224522.jpg

Whatever atrocity you can imagine, Dominions has already been there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom