Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vagrus - The Riven Realms is a post-apocalyptic fantasy strategy RPG, now on Fig Open Access

Terra

Cipher
Epic store exclusive when?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Finally an interesting fantasy setting!

Really? Seems like every second indie game atm is "post-apocalypse but medieval technology". I am already tired of it.

Which ones? I'm missing!

Well I am exaggerating, its more just 'post-apocalypse' I am sick off, which for some reason has gone full mainstream. But this "Its not post apoc but actually it is!" seems just as annoying.

selkin

Liturgist
I think it's interesting. The World needs more dark fantasy. The post apoc thing is clearly a marketing move, but why would anyone hold this against them? As long as they deliver some good stories, good adventures and fine game play, it's totally OK I think.

Last edited:

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Hmmmm. I am interested, the pitch does ring a few proper bells.
BUT
If you read their FAQ there are a few weasely paragraphs about exclusive deals which raises a red flag for me.
Hopefully it wont be another Sellout Point

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I read the description a few times and I get the impression that the game is like Sunless Sea, wandering around the map and doing quests. If there a greater story to unfold which can lead to what may be considered an end game?

himmy

Arcane
Ewww, Hungarians worked on this?

jk, looks interesting enough. It seems like the exploration will make or break this game, so we will see..

aris

Arcane
Reminds me a lot of darker dungeons, so it peeked my interest. Unfortunately darker dungeons was a massive disappointment of a grind fest with uninteresting mechanics, I hope this will be better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom