Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
the only apology I accept are cold hard positive ratings
tenor.gif

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
who the fuck do you think you are talking to you little dumb bitch

dont make me cut off your head with a single one of my signature patented backflip roundhouse kicks to the neck

dumbfuck

RaptorRex888

Learned
Also I like how I fucked up the two family's quests in Queens Berth and now both family heads are sitting there waiting for me to kill the other (I also like how their houses are RIGHT next to each other).

There definitely is no way to resolve this now other than murderhoboing right?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
There are only four resolutions to the quest.

1. You help the Valeras rob the Bardatto vault
2. You help the Bardattos lay a trap for the Valeras
3. You arrange a meeting between Ezalli and Martino. You either convince them to make peace, or...
4. The Bardattos attempt to assassinate Martino during the meeting and both houses turn against you

If Pallegina is in your party, then the first two options will cause her to leave your party permanently.

RaptorRex888

Learned
Alright thanks, the unfinished quest in my journal just annoys me is all. I would have preferred to make peace for RP purposes but I am not rolling back over 10 hours for it. I guess leaving in them in perpetual animosity with neither willing to actually do anything about it is OK.

Codex Year of the Donut
Alright thanks, the unfinished quest in my journal just annoys me is all. I would have preferred to make peace for RP purposes but I am not rolling back over 10 hours for it. I guess leaving in them in perpetual animosity with neither willing to actually do anything about it is OK.
You'll go back there to kill both of them and you'll like it, pleb

Jinn

Arcane
Having just reached the first part of the added narrative elements in my acquisition of Woedica's book, and the following conversation with her, I have to say that it answered some questions I had been wondering about concerning the lore of Eora. It was actually really satisfying. I've never been as scornful as some around here towards the PoE lore, so I was kind of looking forward to some of these long-held questions of mine being answered. It was a nice thing for them to add, and something that definitely could have served the initial release's narrative more positively.

Delterius

Arcane

RaptorRex888

Learned
Having just reached the first part of the added narrative elements in my acquisition of Woedica's book, and the following conversation with her, I have to say that it answered some questions I had been wondering about concerning the lore of Eora. It was actually really satisfying. I've never been as scornful as some around here towards the PoE lore, so I was kind of looking forward to some of these long-held questions of mine being answered. It was a nice thing for them to add, and something that definitely could have served the initial release's narrative more positively.
I've heard that she has a fair amount of reactivity to your choices in Poe 1, is it true?

Jinn

Arcane
I've heard that she has a fair amount of reactivity to your choices in Poe 1, is it true?

Hard to say, as I've only just had my first conversation with her. Everything she said lined up with my choices from PoE 1, but there weren't any [Pillars I] indicators popping up, so I'm not sure.

Jinn

Arcane
No tangible benefits like items or blessings right?

Nothing yet. I got the book right after leaving Neketaka for the first time in this playthrough, so this is the very beginning of this new content with Woedica. We'll see how it develops.

RaptorRex888

Learned
Nothing yet. I got the book right after leaving Neketaka for the first time in this playthrough, so this is the very beginning of this new content with Woedica. We'll see how it develops.
I guess it can be explained that she is either hesitant or unwilling to help you directly for fear/apprehension about interfering with Beraths Herald.

2house2fly

Magister
I wouldn't say she has that much reactivity, but if you gave her the souls at the end she thanks you and says you're a decent replacement for Thaos. If you're a priest of Woedica and/or Steel Garotte she calls you Beloved a lot.

The general gist of the Woedica stuff:
She has an agent give you the Burned Book Of Law the first time you sail away from Neketaka so she can talk to you in secret- she's not allowed to manifest to you separate from berath, but by using the Book you are initiating contact with her, and there's no rule against that. She implies that the gods barging into your dreams to squabble is at least partially for show, and that they're keeping an eye on how the Deadfire responds to Eothas as a test to see how mortals have done under their guidance. Woedica wants to use you as a proxy for all mortals, to determine whether mortals are doing well or will need the rule of an iron fist in the times to come. She'll answer general questions about the lore, some of which are nice to have if largely inconsequential: the DLC crown belonged to her favourite inquisitor and bore a piece of her soul, Izzia(the smith who puts the crown together for you) is a soul descendant of that inquisitor, Hollowborn were a lot more common before the Wheel along with sundry other soul maladies, etc. She spills the beans on the Wheel being artificial pretty much right away, which I think is a mis-step, but at least she doesn't mention Ukaizo before you learn that Ukaizo is important. As you progress through the main quest you can talk to her at any time via the Book, and she'll comment on various main and faction quests, including the DLCs. Her repertoire of discussion topics will open up as well, and she'll chat about the Guardian and the apotheosis project. She'll also either praise or berate you, presumably based on how you solved quests but I have no idea what criteria is being applied. The final god conversation on Ukaizo ends with her sticking around after the rest of the gods leave to comment on how you did as the mortals' advocate- siding with any faction annoys her as any sign of fellowship and co-operation makes it harder for her to plead her case to the others. The additional dialogue with Eothas after this suggests that she's considering making a successor to Thaos, whether you like it or not, and Eothas is disturbed to hear that Woedica has plans. While I'm here, Eothas now also reveals that the natural process of reincarnation was broken by the creation of the artificial one and won't just resume when the Wheel is destroyed, the Godhammer badly damaged him and he was barely able to possess the titan(the release version of the game hints but never confirms that his strength is so low that the effort required to break the Wheel will kill him), that he wanted to do it while the faction war was still looming over the Deadfire to encourage diverse mortals to come together, and that he's sorry he destroyed your castle but you need to get over it.

Not much really surprising, and the Eothas stuff is frankly not needed, a bit clunky, and inelegantly added at the end, but Woedica has enough dialogue that opening up the Burned Book at sea after doing a quest could add a little extra dimension to a playthrough. I don't know if it was worth recording over 100 lines of dialogue rather than hiring programmers to fix bugs and maybe get the engine to run better than a AAA game, but it is what it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom