Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It took quite a bit of time, given the immense size of the mod. But I managed to hack out many of the cool Vault suits out of it. I'm talking about Fallout: New California of course.

Screen-Shot68.jpg

Screen-Shot69.jpg

Screen-Shot70.jpg

Screen-Shot71.jpg

Screen-Shot72.jpg

Screen-Shot74.jpg

Screen-Shot75.jpg

I went ahead and patched around four T6M armors to have these textures instead, and separated them so as not to override the vanilla originals. Here's one example, using the skimpier T6M Vault Utility Jumpsuit, though I have patched another one that is much less skimpier, and another one with no bra.

Screen-Shot73.jpg

The Vault underwear looks pretty good.

Screen-Shot78.jpg

Screen-Shot79.jpg

This is a different mod, Slooty Vault Suit:

Screen-Shot64.jpg

Screen-Shot67.jpg

Screen-Shot65.jpg

Screen-Shot66.jpg

And the BT Leather Jacket mod, which is a very faithful to Mad Max armor. My only gripes with it are the dogtags, which I can't remove from the mesh since they are merged into the main clothes.

Screen-Shot80.jpg

I'd like to propose renaming this thread to Sigourn's Space of Debauchery.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Maybe you can do that once you make a character that doesn't look like a fucking toothless babushka in a goth phase. Christ.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Do you even play this game at all? Or just run around in underwear.

At this moment? Not really. That would require setting up my huge modlist. I'm talking 670 mods to pick and choose from. I run around in underwear taking pictures in brief stints, so that's enough for me.
I also prefer taking it easy than rushing my New Vegas installation. I did that with my latest Morrowind playthrough, and it was a massive waste of time.

These mods also help make some good moral decisions. For instance:

Do you rape the corpse of this dead Goodsprings villager or not?

Fallout-NV-2019-04-25-00-09-40.jpg

typical user

Arbiter
So what mod list can you guys recommend? I was thinking about JSawyer Ultimate, YUP, New Vegas Uncut, New Vegas Redesigned but patching all of these to work with each other seems to be a mess plus unlike Skyrim there are at least 3 unofficial patches but some are outdated.

Can you provide any insight? I just want to have vanilla experience without bugs so I can build around with additional content like graphics, animations etc.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
So what mod list can you guys recommend? I was thinking about JSawyer Ultimate, YUP, New Vegas Uncut, New Vegas Redesigned but patching all of these to work with each other seems to be a mess plus unlike Skyrim there are at least 3 unofficial patches but some are outdated.

Can you provide any insight? I just want to have vanilla experience without bugs so I can build around with additional content like graphics, animations etc.

I recommend Fallout 3

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!

Here you go

You don't need anything else to be honest.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Use YUP + either Unofficial Patch Plus or Unofficial Patch NVSE. Avoid Mission Mojave.

If you use New Vegas Redesigned 3, get Qwinn's Refined FNV Redesigned 3 on top of it. It fixes a lot of issues in the original mod, as well as includes compatibility patches for various other mods.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
You get to play Fallout 3 with proper iron sights, hardcore mode, better crafting, a more up-to-date unofficial patch, and in a more stable version of the engine.

Codex Year of the Donut
You get to play Fallout 3 with proper iron sights, hardcore mode, better crafting, a more up-to-date unofficial patch, and in a more stable version of the engine.
Yeah, but most mods designed for FO3 will be broken, and in general even most NV mods will create massive conflicts because they were never designed to work with so many form edits.
If you disagree, actually go open up xedit and view your mod conflicts on a form-by-form basis after you install TTW.

Black Angel

Arcane
Yeah, but most mods designed for FO3 will be broken, and in general even most NV mods will create massive conflicts because they were never designed to work with so many form edits.
If you disagree, actually go open up xedit and view your mod conflicts on a form-by-form basis after you install TTW.
If you take a look at TTW forum, you'll notice there's a subforum dedicated to FO3 mods that has been retrofitted to work with NV, thus making it compatible with the game if you play TTW. Besides, why would you want to bother with *any* Fallout 3 mods when New Vegas needed far less and what mods there is that exist for New Vegas are far more superior than Fallout 3's?

To be honest, I've come to completely despise Fallout 3 with every fiber of my beings, thus it hinders me from completely enjoying TTW. But if there comes a day where I finally got rid of Fallout 3 from my system, I *think* I can come to enjoy Fallout 3 as a 'DLC' to New Vegas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom