Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So are the anarchist the "good guys" or just the "lesser evil" too?

Damsel is part of the anarchs so of course they're the good guys!

tumblr_othfibP6SF1s74c5xo1_500.jpg

g0gRYio.png
This will made a good fuck pillow,too much clothes tho!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So are the anarchist the "good guys" or just the "lesser evil" too?

The closest there ever were to 'good guys' in VtM were the Salubri, but at the end of the day, they're still parasites. Anyway, this is from the V5 - Anarchs book, so make of it what you will:

g2IegTM.png

:what:

What nonsense is this? Of course feeding vitae to babies is good for them. Ask any Bratovich or Obertus :smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

What the unholy Satanic fuck is this?

:what:
Cleavers are one of the new Predator Types (this is one of the new things in V5, and one of the top additions since it makes feeding far less abstract and that can't be handwaved; also helps underline that you're a monster and not X-Men with a blood manabar). Cleavers are vampires who either stay with their mortal family or find a new family (the implication in the entry being that they steal someone's identity), and they may either try to keep their condition a secret or try to "make it work" with their family/"family."

And in case you didn't pick up on the subtext, the book and vampire society in general see Cleavers as being as inherently dangerous and just a step away from going utterly insane. Like, dangerous on such a level that older and wiser Kindred (who, to quote "CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU") consider that it's best for everyone involved to just kill the Cleaver's family/"family" wholesale.

Another thing to notice there is that it's basically a bunch of disturbed vampires talking about turning their kids to blood-bound Ghouls and murdering child protective services when they don't let the kids go to school anymore (while being convinced the schools are under Camarilla's control). Or how it's such a hassle if the kid loses too much blood because they just love them so much they can't help but feed on them.

Lambach

Arcane
Cleavers are one of the new Predator Types (this is one of the new things in V5, and one of the top additions since it makes feeding far less abstract and that can't be handwaved; also helps underline that you're a monster and not X-Men with a blood manabar). Cleavers are vampires who either stay with their mortal family or find a new family (the implication in the entry being that they steal someone's identity), and they may either try to keep their condition a secret or try to "make it work" with their family/"family."

And in case you didn't pick up on the subtext, the book and vampire society in general see Cleavers as being as inherently dangerous and just a step away from going utterly insane. Like, dangerous on such a level that older and wiser Kindred (who, to quote "CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU") consider that it's best for everyone involved to just kill the Cleaver's family/"family" wholesale.

Another thing to notice there is that it's basically a bunch of disturbed vampires talking about turning their kids to blood-bound Ghouls and murdering child protective services when they don't let the kids go to school anymore (while being convinced the schools are under Camarilla's control). Or how it's such a hassle if the kid loses too much blood because they just love them so much they can't help but feed on them.

I'm liking my decision to stay away from V5 more and more. I feel my IQ free-falling after every sentence of your explanation.

Cael

Arcane

I'm liking my decision to stay away from V5 more and more. I feel my IQ free-falling after every sentence of your explanation.
You are lucky that you haven't seen that Singularity of Stupidity that is the gay muslim woke sjw.

Vatnik Wumao
I actually like cleavers as an idea. A psycho vampire raising a family of ghouls and eventually controlling a neighborhood or small town from the shadows would make an interesting antagonist if done properly.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Why would you make an exclusive trailer? Isn't the whole point of a trailer to reach as many people as possible, because its a mix between announcement and marketing?
Then again, I half expect platforms to start advertising how they are running exclusive ads, specific for their platform. Hitle... I mean Marx was right all along.

Herumor

Scholar
It's not actually exclusive. PC Gamer got to reveal Brujah, can't remember who it was for Tremere, this week it's Gamespot for Toreador, and the remaining two Clans will presumably be revealed by some other two websites.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not actually exclusive. PC Gamer got to reveal Brujah, can't remember who it was for Tremere, this week it's Gamespot for Toreador, and the remaining two Clans will presumably be revealed by some other two websites.

Well there's a certain amount of exclusivity there then.

Tao

Savant
Those sneakpicks did not look well so far for the game. We can hope is only like an alpha tech demo of the powers or something, and not actual gameplay imo.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Those sneakpicks did not look well so far for the game. We can hope is only like an alpha tech demo of the powers or something, and not actual gameplay imo.
The sneak peaks were clearly very early stuff, with missing particles. What I took from them is that the lighting looks good (also seen in other promotional screenshots). They got the light and dark right, and thats very important. The visual jank I can tolerate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom