Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rage 2 from Just Cause devs

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Denuvo what?! Its already on the "high seas"... Downloading it right now.

Edit: Well fuck a duck, I should learn to read, yea could be awhile till they crack it.

2nd Edit: Righto it IS cracked.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
My god they really do have monkeys working at that place. If only they let them into the writing department we may get better quality stories, characters etc from Beth games...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Hell of a downgrade from co-owner:

FD3F7AD713A97CB440487AF98F6979D6ADB9B395

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've seen people suspect it's because pre-release review codes were for Steam, and they didn't want it leaking pre-release. Makes more sense then "they're retards" or conspiracy theories.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Slapping denuvo on a game just to prevent pre-release leaks is like going after a fly with a bazooka.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How invasive is the store? Is it in your face? Can you buy weapons?
I refunded it after 3 hours (good guy Steam) but never recall it having my attention. I don't think you can even access the store while playing, only in main menu.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I wonder if it'll end up like Avalanche's previous title Mad Max which was panned by professional reviewers with similar sounding criticisms but liked by gamers.

I don't care about scores, but scanning the positives and negatives it sounds like everyone agrees the combat is excellent and basically an open world Doom 4, which should be the main point of interest. That kind of smooth FPS combat is what I'm after and it sounds like it delivers. I think the "world design is basic" complaints were also leveled against other Avalanche games and basically boil down to a lack of theme park design, which is a very subjective thing.

Yeah, because Doom 2016 is such an amazing FPS.

The reality of RAGE 2:

popamole shooter
generic open world
boring and short story
retarded writing
absolutely cancerous art style
denuvo
bethesda launcher
microtransactions

:yeah:

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Great humour... if you're 12 years old or mentally challenged.

Codex should love it then. :troll:

How invasive is the store? Is it in your face? Can you buy weapons?

Never hear a word about it in the game. It's on the main menu, and only offers weapon skins. It's nothing to worry about.

Yeah, because Doom 2016 is such an amazing FPS.

Yes, it is. Unless you're a try-hard "everything modern succccckkkks" type, of course. :shittydog:

bethesda launcher

Nope, not on Steam.

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
" big fucking guns "

Do they think this will start the Pavlov reflex of those 12 years old kids ?

Lyrique

Novice
Well now we know why they were not doing a lot of marketing for this game , it's shit .

JDR13

Arcane
4. You do need to login to Bethesda account for pre-order items, but who the fuck cares about cheat style pre-order items? I couldn't care less (though Steam automatically logged me in anyway).

Except you have to do that for all DLC not just bonus weapons. So that includes any extra story-based missions as well.

ZeniBot

Cipher
hmm I wonder if they added Denuvo to make the steam version intentionally worse than the Bethesda version.
That'd be incredibly stupid of them and also funny because their launcher is worse than steam so people are still going to choose the steam version regardless of how bad you sabotage it.
Alternative Theory: Bethesda are sabotaging Steam because they're going to follow Ubi and sign on with Epic. They probably aren't but I'll laugh my ass off if this is their plan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom