Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Why some people can't easily discern sexes without a certain hair style to declare it, I'll never know.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
bGaPsfafAFAHUA5Chz-img-half-1-gls2ga.jpeg

:shredder:

Is this the main character from Final Fantasy XVI??

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why some people can't easily discern sexes without a certain hair style to declare it, I'll never know.

I don't think it has anything to do with the hair. There are feminine men and masculine women and when the image is not of a real person, you also have to take artistic intent into consideration, which muddies the waters. The lack of a chest made me think it might be a feminine man.

Vincente

Arbiter
Kine gulping in worry just before Torrie digs her fangs in is probably the best part of the trailer, it's like he knows he's about to die, wants to run away but can't, most likely due to Presence. :incline:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So, it's now confirmed that clans can share disciplines. There may be another clan with Auspex in addition to the Tremere. Notice that the discipline description doesn't mention the Tremere specifically: https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/tremere
Well, the only other basic Clan that has Auspex is Malkavians. Tzimisce are the last one in that regard out of the modern 13, and there's just no way Tzimisce are available. Malk is probably the least likely base Clan to show up due to amount of work involved (especially if we assume the idea would be to have more than the original game did), even if they're probably at least in the top five in terms of popularity for the game adaptation.

If there's two more Clans left (isn't there three of those background images left?), my money would be on Gangrel and Ventrue. Ventrue is basically 100%, Gangrel has probably 80% chance with remaining 20% chance being Nosferatu. If there's three left, I'd put it at 60% Nosferatu, 39% Malk, and 1% blindside wild card with Lasombra.

Cross

Arcane
They've announced three clans so far, and all of them have exactly 4 active abilities, even the Tremere, the sorcerer clan who you'd think have more (in the first Bloodlines, they could have up to 11 active abilities, 5 for each rank of Thaumaturgy and Dominate, and the one Auspex ability).

The d-pad on a controller just happens to have 4 buttons.

I think I'm starting to notice a pattern here. :negative:

Last edited:

Saerain

Augur
Patron

I don't think it has anything to do with the hair. There are feminine men and masculine women and when the image is not of a real person, you also have to take artistic intent into consideration, which muddies the waters. The lack of a chest made me think it might be a feminine man.

Even ignoring everything else, there's the breasts. I'm pretty sure even feminine males don't have breasts. (Oh lord, now I've done it. Don't hurt me, RPGnet.)

I assume by "lack of" you mean small enough you'd confuse them for pectorals—but that's part of the things I don't understand. The two seem impossible to confuse...

hexer

Even ignoring everything else, there's the breasts. I'm pretty sure even feminine males don't have breasts. (Oh lord, now I've done it. Don't hurt me, RPGnet.)

I actually know two guys who thought they were just fat until doctors told them that their estrogen levels are through the roof and they have moobs.
But they don't care and are still fat.

Vibalist

Arcane
If there's two more Clans left (isn't there three of those background images left?), my money would be on Gangrel and Ventrue.

IDK. That last image of the dark corridor doesn't correspond with Gangrel. You'd assume it would be something like a forest or at least something that hints at 'animalistic'. If every clan turns out to be one of the base Camarilla clans, then my money is actually on Nosferatu.

Although with the whole shadowy vibe of that image, along with the fact they have actually joined the Camarilla, my money is still on Lasombra.

EDIT: After looking at the image again I'm not so sure. I remember it looking different for some reason. Maybe it's the Gangrel after all.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Cleavers are one of the new Predator Types (this is one of the new things in V5, and one of the top additions since it makes feeding far less abstract and that can't be handwaved; also helps underline that you're a monster and not X-Men with a blood manabar). Cleavers are vampires who either stay with their mortal family or find a new family (the implication in the entry being that they steal someone's identity), and they may either try to keep their condition a secret or try to "make it work" with their family/"family."

And in case you didn't pick up on the subtext, the book and vampire society in general see Cleavers as being as inherently dangerous and just a step away from going utterly insane. Like, dangerous on such a level that older and wiser Kindred (who, to quote "CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU") consider that it's best for everyone involved to just kill the Cleaver's family/"family" wholesale.

Another thing to notice there is that it's basically a bunch of disturbed vampires talking about turning their kids to blood-bound Ghouls and murdering child protective services when they don't let the kids go to school anymore (while being convinced the schools are under Camarilla's control). Or how it's such a hassle if the kid loses too much blood because they just love them so much they can't help but feed on them.
Aren't Cleavers basically what the entire Giovanni clan is, though?

jungl

Augur
Games already dumbed down from bloodlines. Stats gone, 4 disciplines only and specifically made with consoles in mind. I doubt there going to be Nosferatu cause it be too much of a hassle to model.

Toreador are very one dimensional clan. They either good two shoes obsessed with beauty or psychos obsessed with macabre version of it.

S.torch

Arbiter

Why she have short hair? Flat chest and tiny hips are enough, but when you have almost no chest, no hips and put in your head this hair, looks ugly. It' too androgynous. Why in Bloodlines 1 even anarchist girls look fine but here all the girls that have been presented look ugly or rare?

The one in the trailer doesn't even look like a vampire with that uncomfortable face.
The second woman look like a hooker with that ring in her nose.
And this one look too androgynous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom