Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The part where AI doesn't react to players, sitting inside their corpses etc, that I don't even mean.
Yeah, shipboard AI doesn't leave their seats at this point. But the AI bug I was talking about is where they confuse the pilot AI into staying immobile so they can board. It can happen when you fly very close to enemies for a while, which I assume is why they keep ramming the ships together like mongoloids.
Will you kill yourself if the company files for bankruptcy and leave the game as dead?

Angthoron

Arcane
The part where AI doesn't react to players, sitting inside their corpses etc, that I don't even mean.
Yeah, shipboard AI doesn't leave their seats at this point. But the AI bug I was talking about is where they confuse the pilot AI into staying immobile so they can board. It can happen when you fly very close to enemies for a while, which I assume is why they keep ramming the ships together like mongoloids.
Ah, cool, I did wonder what that was all about. The bouncing is pretty amusing (and sad) to watch just on its own though, really wonder when/if the collisions will be properly implemented. It's a pretty huge task the way they decided to make it, though, so yeah, hm.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will you kill yourself if the company files for bankruptcy and leave the game as dead?
It would be much funnier if they open-sourced it. The size of the absurdly large textures alone would probably kill github :lol:
And yes, I do think they'd upload their textures to their code repo ;)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It would be much funnier if they open-sourced it. The size of the absurdly large textures alone would probably kill github :lol:
Nah,that will require a smudge of intelligence on their part. Most likely they will call it quits and just say that this is released game and then file for bankruptcy in a few months later,could also be sue by some government for tax evasion or scamming people or some shit like that. Maybe some of it will be leaked but i doubt it will go full open source.

Angthoron

Arcane
Lols aside, I recall some people actually extracted the models/textures from one of the builds and dropped them into some other engine (or a different CE branch). That's a while ago now. And yeah, the amount of memory those models ate was humongous.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh lol.

MpvJpSF.png

Buy some shipskins!

Delicious space gravity.

But hey:
UZuHibz.png

Buy a space bike concept!

Angthoron

Arcane

Myobi

Liturgist

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And I thought Mass Effect fans were strange
They are.

Just because we like blue tits?!?! C'mon dude, fuck off =(

I have feelins u know =/
Nah scafander lady was better. Three finger footjob for the win....the face was very ugly tho.

Enjoy getting your blowjobs trough an emergency induction port.
Better than fucking alien shemale. Enjoy getting all the galactic STDs.

Myobi

Liturgist
They are.

I have feelins u know =/
Nah scafander lady was better. Three finger footjob for the win....the face was very ugly tho.

You'll get R/G/B space-aids regardless at the end.

Also, they ain't shemales, they don't have dicks.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
They are.

I have feelins u know =/

I ve tought Shemale is shaved man ...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They are.

I have feelins u know =/

I ve tought Shemale is shaved man ...
Shaving is the first step on the path of transition.

Angthoron

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zPhpxYD7f8#t=1453s

"Our servers are full, we cannot put anymore content on them."

lol holy poo poo

I guess some tech leads not pushing back at people enough. This game always had some feature creep run amok vibe to it.
I am not sure container streaming is even going to help solve the problem anyway, considering the actual scale that this is supposed to be on, the amount of players that should be playing concurrently, AND that it's all meant to be real-time. I'm not a professional by any means, but my guess would be that network/memory lag would cause things to not load correctly, which in turn would lead to further and further problems. Seeing how some things aren't loading correctly now, I do wonder what all that will be when they manage to add OCS.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
They are.
But not strange and rich.
Hello friends i am david gaider and today i am launching my kickstarter and fundraising site for Large Result, spiritual successor to your childhood favorite, Mass Effect. We're gonna make it a living breathing universe with true ai and shit and you can help make this dream a reality!!!!!!
Joking aside, this is literally that right? I for one support them for drilling down into the core appeal of Mass Effect.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
It will be [that DG game ] about tranny and gay armada taking attack on heterosexual part of space. Our main character is tranny space Gaylord wih brave team of similar characters and player role is to make space into one big rainbow experience of weird love. All heterosexuals will be depicted as nazis and intelectual low collective of various rednecks.

Angthoron

Arcane
This thread is like the polar opposite of the SomethingAwful thread in terms of political correctness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom