Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

sser

Arcane
Developer
Has anyone in the development team for Kingdom Come actually picked a lock before? What the fuck. What am I Tom Cruise on a zip line? For a medieval lock? Are you fucking shitting me? I could pick my way into my own front door using unshielded wire and a plastic jam and that's for the security I trust to keep me cozy at night. Unbeknownst to me a medieval peasant covets his property so much he employs multidimensional locking gauges. I looked to see where my pick was going and apparently it's going across and over the scales of reality. I saw my pick dancing with the aethereal cosmic beings. I saw it twist against the astral planes. And when I finally tickled the arse of god himself, when I finally jimmied open the chest, by the time the noise of my infinite travels had roused a local guard, I found the couple of coins there in the boot into which I had picked. And so lost into the gaze of this process I was, so into the afterness of everything, the guard slew me down and I was thrown back a couple of hours to the start of the game whence I came, a true time traveler, and the lock unpicked itself whole, and in turn picked my mind and therein quickly found madness. Such are the darkly designs of the evils I must defeat in this opening village.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Damn this game is extremely disrespectful of player time. Gotta run down a hill, punch a Slav in the back of the head to save a chick from imminent rape, hop on a horse, watch a cutscene, then ride said horse around dodging RNG arrows hoping they don't hit me and if they do I bleed and die and restart the whole thing. This game like like the NEET dreamscape. Magnificent.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Damn this game is extremely disrespectful of player time. Gotta run down a hill, punch a Slav in the back of the head to save a chick from imminent rape, hop on a horse, watch a cutscene, then ride said horse around dodging RNG arrows hoping they don't hit me and if they do I bleed and die and restart the whole thing. This game like like the NEET dreamscape. Magnificent.

Arrows are a fake danger mate, just stick to the road.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Kingdom Come: Deliverance has a prolonged tutorial, which doesn't really end until you've arrived at the Neuhof stables, after the introductory sequences in Skalitz,
the flight from Skalitz, the escape from Talmberg, the return to Skalitz, being nearly killed, miraculously recovering in Rattay, going through basic combat training, working as a guardsman for one day, becoming the sidekick of Hans Capon, saving his life, and being assigned to the guards investigating the attack on Neuhof.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They delayed console releases of DLC and Royal Edition, PC release apparently remains the same, May 28th: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press..._dates_for_A_Womans_Lot_and_Royal_Edition.php

Kingdom Come: Deliverance – New release dates for A Woman’s Lot and Royal Edition

May 8, 2019 - Warhorse Studios and Deep Silver announced today that A Woman’s Lot, the fourth expansion for the million-selling medieval roleplaying Game Kingdom Come: Deliverance, will be released on May 28. In order to deliver the highest quality for all players, the release of the console version of this DLC, as well as the Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition will hit stores both digital and physical on June 11. The Royal Edition includes the base game in its enhanced version as well as all free and paid DLCs released so far.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm confused as to what the "enhanced version" is.. is it on PC? Or is it just the same game w/ all the updates the PC has gotten? Will there be another update on PC besides the DLC?

SlamDunk

Arcane
kcdrecollectorseditioqakst.png

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
I'm confused as to what the "enhanced version" is.. is it on PC? Or is it just the same game w/ all the updates the PC has gotten? Will there be another update on PC besides the DLC?
Yes there will be at least 1 major patch released along with the last DLC

Saxon1974

Prophet

I don't get the value of these collectors edition. I already have the sound track from another cheaper edition and the rest doesn't look interesting. Who wants a figuring of Theresa?

In the old days of Ultima you got world lore books and stuff that were awesome. If they did something like a world lore book with lots of interesting things about the setting married to artwork I might like that. Also they could have some quests/Easter eggs that are only mentioned in the actual printed book, maybe include a treasure map that's only available in the book.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I don't get the value of these collectors edition. I already have the sound track from another cheaper edition and the rest doesn't look interesting. Who wants a figuring of Theresa?

In the old days of Ultima you got world lore books and stuff that were awesome. If they did something like a world lore book with lots of interesting things about the setting married to artwork I might like that. Also they could have some quests/Easter eggs that are only mentioned in the actual printed book, maybe include a treasure map that's only available in the book.

There is an art book being prepared, not out yet

https://www.xzone.cz/nahledgame.php3?idg=17061

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

No marble bust of game hero? No buy.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

No Canvas Nylon bag?

Pass.

Swigen

Arbiter

No Canvas Nylon bag?

Pass.

No 8 page art “book” where each page is just the character portrait you see in game anyway? Fuck off!

Smejki Anything you can share with us regarding branching off efforts? What I mean is, given how well KCD seems to have done financially, I imagine it would be easier to convince publishers (including Deep Silver/THQ Nordic) to finance these historical RPGs, and to me, it seems a no-brainer to branch out into different historical medieval games with different settings, all using the core KCD engine and gameplay, but with custom content for the individual settings.

So you could have KCD2, but alongside that, a different studio or part of Warhorse doing a 100 Years War game set in France, and another studio/substudio doing a Crusades game, and another one a Viking game, and so on. Since they would all use the same engine/tools/basic gameplay, the costs would be a lot less, and they could focus just on the content.

Has Warhorse considered something like this, and can you share anything about the pros/cons/future?

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Smejki
Any announcements during E3?
Who knows????!
Smejki Anything you can share with us regarding branching off efforts? What I mean is, given how well KCD seems to have done financially, I imagine it would be easier to convince publishers (including Deep Silver/THQ Nordic) to finance these historical RPGs, and to me, it seems a no-brainer to branch out into different historical medieval games with different settings, all using the core KCD engine and gameplay, but with custom content for the individual settings.

So you could have KCD2, but alongside that, a different studio or part of Warhorse doing a 100 Years War game set in France, and another studio/substudio doing a Crusades game, and another one a Viking game, and so on. Since they would all use the same engine/tools/basic gameplay, the costs would be a lot less, and they could focus just on the content.

Has Warhorse considered something like this, and can you share anything about the pros/cons/future?
All I can give you is my personal opinion. After all just a few days ago I talked about that with a friend of mine. In short I agree with you. I would love to see a rise of truly historical KCD-like games. Not necessarily RPGs. An smaller scope AssCreed-like action-y game grounded in reality would suffice in my eyes. Moreover one could say we have the tech, the tools, the basic game systems, and supposedly the know-how to do that. And if we don't do it, others might, robbing us of some unique opportunities in the process.

However the situation is more complicated by the reality of game development and the massive difficulties a production of such a game entails. We didn't spend 5+ years just to eventually find the perfect formulas of what to do and how. Just because we made KCD it doesn't mean we can now conjure up a similar game within a fraction of the time with a fraction of the people. Making a KCD-like side project would mean creating another 80-head team at mininum all similarly or more competent. These people would spend a lot of time learning how to work together and learning all the nuances of the tools, the tech, and the game systems. Not to talk about getting used to the the whole production pipeline. Moreover the creative people would likely be some stubborn bitches and would want to modify the formula significantly which means inventing a lot of new wheels and reinventing some old ones for the needs of this new direction. So in the end the price in terms of time and money would likely not be so significantly lower.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'd be quite happy with a similar game to KCD that improves and iterates on the first game, which was quite flawed in my opinion but still a fantastic experience.

My most abiding memory of the game is being an actual monk and the conflicting emotions of 'holy shit this is insane that this is actually in the game' and 'fuck I can't do this bit exactly the way I want to' and also 'ugh this bit is kinda broken/makes no sense'. That basically sums the game up for me.

That said I'd also enjoy something in a completely different setting too

Quillon

Arcane
Moreover the creative people would likely be some stubborn bitches and would want to modify the formula significantly which means inventing a lot of new wheels and reinventing some old ones for the needs of this new direction.

Behead all the designers! They are essentially programmers without programming knowledge & skills, right? :D

Paul_cz

Arcane
All I can give you is my personal opinion. After all just a few days ago I talked about that with a friend of mine. In short I agree with you. I would love to see a rise of truly historical KCD-like games. Not necessarily RPGs. An smaller scope AssCreed-like action-y game grounded in reality would suffice in my eyes. Moreover one could say we have the tech, the tools, the basic game systems, and supposedly the know-how to do that. And if we don't do it, others might, robbing us of some unique opportunities in the process.

However the situation is more complicated by the reality of game development and the massive difficulties a production of such a game entails. We didn't spend 5+ years just to eventually find the perfect formulas of what to do and how. Just because we made KCD it doesn't mean we can now conjure up a similar game within a fraction of the time with a fraction of the people. Making a KCD-like side project would mean creating another 80-head team at mininum all similarly or more competent. These people would spend a lot of time learning how to work together and learning all the nuances of the tools, the tech, and the game systems. Not to talk about getting used to the the whole production pipeline. Moreover the creative people would likely be some stubborn bitches and would want to modify the formula significantly which means inventing a lot of new wheels and reinventing some old ones for the needs of this new direction. So in the end the price in terms of time and money would likely not be so significantly lower.

If some team/studio/company contacted you about licensing your tech (your fork of Cryengine, Skald) for their own development of some historical game, would that be possible or is that impossible due to Crytek owning Cryengine?
And is there any info about progress of the mod tool release, is it still in cards?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom