Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Any tips for playing Maverick?

Open very small holes in angles that the enemy will not expect. Don't go opening big holes or making a lot of them every round because they can benefit the defenders in a lot of situations.

Silva

Arcane
Any tips for playing Maverick?

Open very small holes in angles that the enemy will not expect. Don't go opening big holes or making a lot of them every round because they can benefit the defenders in a lot of situations.
Is it viable to open just one (1) little hole, though? Tried this and couldn't see a thing Lol. The rounds I've won I opened a small line of 3 or so holes (and used a silenced pistol to finish 3 opponents who never knew what happened - It's beautiful when it works). In the end though I'm feeling Mav is pretty situational.

Which leads to next question: do you always go for your favorite ops, or do you think about the team and try to get the most useful ones (when those were not selected, that is)? I'm asking because when attacking, if a pure breacher like Thermite or Hibana wetent picked, I usually get them instead of my faves. Same on defense, if we are on a map I know Mute or Bandit are indispensable and no one else got them, I pick them.

And come on, how Echo is not OP?? The jap can play objectives like a fiddle - one drone in each objective entry room and when shooting starts, adjust as needed. I've won whole matches with this (and lost too, when facing opposing Echos). Is there a better anchor in the game?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And come on, how Echo is not OP?? The jap can play objectives like a fiddle - one drone in each objective entry room and when shooting starts, adjust as needed. I've won whole matches with this (and lost too, when facing opposing Echos). Is there a better anchor in the game?
That's why he's one of the most banned defenders in pro league :D in high level play the most common counters would be IQ or Buck or both, scan him vertically while he's controlling the drones and wallbang him.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Eh...steam sale on this is gone now. Whatever, from what I've read online the game seems to be hacker's paradise. In fucking Europe. Imagine what it must be like in hueland. Oh, and the team aspect reminds me of MobAs. Which is never a good thing.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Whatever, from what I've read online the game seems to be hacker's paradise.
P.popular game is full of hakers?
you don't say?

I played plenty of CS:GO and hackers were not very common. Stopped playing a long time ago, could be worse after F2P, who knows.

Combat arms. Now that was a game I found fun back in the day but it was rare getting a single game without at least one hacker.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I played plenty of CS:GO and hackers were not very common. Stopped playing a long time ago, could be worse after F2P, who knows.
Combat arms. Now that was a game I found fun back in the day but it was rare getting a single game without at least one hacker.

Maybe you got lucky but rule of thumb - the more popular game the bigger chance to find cheater.

And played Combat Arms too (and AVA), what a garbage. Sadly games like these are not made anymore...

Cadmus

Arcane
I get trashed so bad in ranked. I do quite well in casual, slowly sneaking and peaking but in ranked, even manage to get MVP occasionaly, everybody runs around soo fast I can barely keep track of what's happening!

sullynathan

Arcane
I get trashed so bad in ranked. I do quite well in casual, slowly sneaking and peaking but in ranked, even manage to get MVP occasionaly, everybody runs around soo fast I can barely keep track of what's happening!
That's what happened when players adjusted to the game and changed it years ago. Back when I still played Siege, it was still a slower fps, nowadays players are very comfortable.

Silva

Arcane
Yep, just started playing Ranked and people plays fast af.

Eh...steam sale on this is gone now. Whatever, from what I've read online the game seems to be hacker's paradise. In fucking Europe. Imagine what it must be like in hueland. Oh, and the team aspect reminds me of MobAs. Which is never a good thing.
I play in PS4 and never noticed anyone cheating so far.

Trithne

Erudite
Fuck that mode. Stars and shit randomly appear and vanish on the walls and its fucking distracting. Also I think its Bandit, the army men style model is the exact same shade of lurid yellow as the chairs in the boardroom.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's just a meme map in a seperate playlist, don't play it if you don't want to.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
New U.S Secret Secret defender OP.

Edit: Loadouts for both Warden and Nokk.

tyuik6adfly21.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Wow, a Bond-esque white man character? When will Ubisoft denounce this racist patriarchal stereotype and immediately make him into a Tyrone Deshawn with a baller gold chain, Hi-Point and saggy jeans?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So it's an attacker version of a defender and a defender version of an attacker.

Running out of ideas here, Ubi.

sullynathan

Arcane
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/ga...n-Cross-Play-Ubisoft-Alexandre-Remy-Interview

Rainbow Six Siege confirmed for PS5, Xbox Two: Ubisoft "don’t want a sequel, whatsoever"

The Daily Star caught up with Ubisoft Montreal to talk about its vision for Siege and future-proofing the popular shooter for next-gen.
By Jim Hargreaves / Published 1st June 2019
Is-Rainbow-Six-Siege-coming-to-PS5-and-the-next-Xbox-779955.jpg

Is Rainbow Six Siege coming to PS5 and the next Xbox? No, Ubisoft tell us (Pic: Ubisoft)
Rainbow Six Siege is arguably one of the pioneers of the “games as a service” model.

Whether you love or hate what it’s done for the industry and shaped the way games are being played and developed, it helped transform Siege from a flawed first-person shooter into a global phenomenon. You only need to look at other Ubisoft games, such as For Honor and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, to see similar success stories.

However, with a new generation of consoles on the horizon, questions are being asked what will happen to Rainbow Six Siege.

At the Pro League Season IX Finals in Milan, we sat down with Rainbow Six Brand Director, Alexandre Remy, to talk about this exact topic.

“We don’t want a sequel whatsoever,” he explained, looping back to comments previously made about the game’s lifespan and Ubisoft Montreal’s mission to deliver more than 100 playable in-game characters.

With details on the PlayStation 5 and next Xbox still under wraps, Remy couldn’t give any specifics. Naturally he and the team want Siege to make that generational leap, though in a way that doesn’t break off from the Siege in its current state..

“The reason behind this is we don't want to segregate our community between the different platforms. In an ideal world tomorrow, we’d love players from every platform to be able to play together. We are approaching next-gen with the same spirit.”

“We’ve been asking how can we make the player base of Siege today be able to migrate - if they want to migrate, that is - but also make this cheaper [than buying a new, next-gen copy of the game] as much as possible or through backwards compatibility.”

It has already been confirmed that the PlayStation 5 will run PS4 games and with Microsoft brandishing backwards compatibility as part of its ongoing vision for the Xbox brand, it’s likely Xbox One will also have the option to migrate or merge with Siege’s next-gen playerbase.

“The strength of any multiplayer game is the size of its community, so I do believe that we have to make every effort possible that when next gen comes in, they are treated as a high-end PC versus another PC.”

The PC analogy here is important and easy to understand. Although the PS5 and next Xbox will be superior to their predecessors in terms of raw hardware, in order to keep the Siege communities within their console ecosystems united, those who pay for that pricey next-gen upgrade should not have the upper hand when it actually comes to playing the game.

“I'm not sure exactly how you'd be able to deploy this and we're just having a conversation the first parties (Sony and Microsoft).”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom