Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The King of Fighting games RETURNS - Dead or Alive 6 reveal trailer !

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I've already unlocked all outfits for all characters :positive:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
a3ec36b62b.png

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The Mixup in France concluded yesterday, and to no-one's surprise, Xcaliburbladez took the first place again. The greatest European DOA player, Gehaktbal, took the second place though :salute:

Soul Calibur was dominated by the French :neveraskedforthis:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The community is on fire because of the SSA changes :shredder: Feels like Team Ninja doesn't really know what they should do with the mechanic.

Adon

Arcane
Hows this compare to Soulcaliber 6?

Simpler, but in a good way. DOA6 remains largely unchanged from DOA5 with a slight few changes, and its the type of game where you can go in after months of not playing and pick it up back up rather quickly. Combos are longer than SCVI, but less complex with far more forgivable execution. The whole framework for the game is a straightforward rock, paper, scissors design. It's like an extremely watered down Virtua Fighter essentially.

*sigh*

I miss VF

:negative:

Andhaira

Arcane

Simpler, but in a good way. DOA6 remains largely unchanged from DOA5 with a slight few changes, and its the type of game where you can go in after months of not playing and pick it up back up rather quickly. Combos are longer than SCVI, but less complex with far more forgivable execution. The whole framework for the game is a straightforward rock, paper, scissors design. It's like an extremely watered down Virtua Fighter essentially.

*sigh*

I miss VF

Last DoA I played was 2 I think, on the ps2 back in my college days. I enjoyed it, but Tekken Tag was better.

Adon

Arcane

*sigh*

I miss VF

Last DoA I played was 2 I think, on the ps2 back in my college days. I enjoyed it, but Tekken Tag was better.

Been a long time since I played the old DoA games, but they weren't too drastically different in design from 5 or 6. Only major differences is obviously the increased speed and smoothness in gameplay, and less janky looking animations.

Silva

Arcane
Just got this on PS4 out of an abstinence fever for fighting games. And this is pretty good! Like a midway between Tekken and VF5. Which is good because I was fed on Tekken but at the same time always found VF too complicated.

And come on, theres' an Aikidoka here (Tamaki)! She doesn't look so cool as Aoi, but I guess nothing is perfect.

What are people's opinion on this?

mk0

Learned
It had potential, but it got killed by greed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom