Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Does anyone else have problems claiming the Silver Lake region? I'm now entering the Varnhold chapter and have completed the Hunter quest a long time ago, but I still have no claim available.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does anyone else have problems claiming the Silver Lake region? I'm now entering the Varnhold chapter and have completed the Hunter quest a long time ago, but I still have no claim available.
I think you need to level up Community to get access to more claims.

EDIT: Or maybe level up Loyalty as Daidre says.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Claimed it as usual on my last run on 1.3 patch. Afair you also need Kamelands available for claiming to claim Silversteps, 40 Loyalty and Councilor rank 3 for this one.
Other guesses that
a) Quest is no completed, there is second part in Grove
b) There was known bug when choosing murderous option was not completing it properly.

Weird, the quest is marked as finished, and I let the guy go. I also have Kamelands, community rank 5, loyalty rank 3, plenty of loyalty. The only thing I did not do is go back to the village to tell on him to the merchant, but I don't remember needing to do that the last time. Maybe I should try doing that as well, or leveling loyalty a bit more.

Xeon

Augur
Do checks about finding traps or secrets for example only happens once? I don't think they are like in the IE games for example where a check happens every round or something, is that correct?

Do checks about finding traps or secrets for example only happens once? I don't think they are like in the IE games for example where a check happens every round or something, is that correct?
I’m not sure if it’s every round, but they are definitely continually checked until discovered.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Actually, no. You get only one attempt on Perception check until a level up. But from each character, and they have different perception radius depending on how high their skill is.

Last edited:
D'oh! Turns out I did have the claim, and probably for some time, I just never got the notification. Maybe because I did the quest before completing other requirements.

Why are there no cool builds in Kangmaker?

Everything that's even remotely cool is either gimped or ruined by something else.

For instance, mages were cool in BG because you could cast stuff like Time Stop, or massive damage spells, and felt very powerful. In Kangmaker, even aside from the rest mechanics that gimp them, they don't do that much damage or have any epic spells, unless you cheese the ray spells and become an arcane archer essentially.

If you wanted to build a cool swordsman, on the other hand, you got:

1) Duelist - completely gimped build. Look at its description, is there anything there that sounds even remotely interesting or powerful? Your defining ability would probably be parry/riposte, except it's a complete joke, since your base defense will be much higher than your BAB as a duelist, so parrying would be counter-productive. Your ultimate ability adds some stat damage or tiny bleeding damage? Wtf... So this is basically a snorefest build with high defense and nothing else. What this has to do with the notion of a duelist, I don't know.

2) Sword saint / kensai - completely retarded build. Sword saint, swordsman, etc. Anybody rolling this would want to create a powerful sword master, not a freaking mage, so why did they make this a hybrid magic class?

3) Aldori duelist - Basically same as duelist, purely defensive class that will put you to sleep.

4) Two handed fighter - this one is actually pretty decent performance-wise, putting out good damage, but zero skill/involvement. Just auto-attack and go to sleep.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just because you don't know them, it does not mean they don't exist.

I guess you didn't see the gnome sorcerer illusionist with crazy DC Weird that one shots enemy packs in hardest part of the game. No melee build can match that.

That's my freaking point. Kangmaker has these retarded builds that no one would want to play for any reason other than they happen to be effective. Are there a lot of people growing up and watching movies about gnome sorcerer illusionists casting Weird spells? Is that what you wanted to be growing up? Yeah, exactly. Or maybe roll a Sword Saint/Paladin/Rogue/Bloodlines Priest multiclass that can use spell A together with ability B to produce a time continuum ripple and kill stuff with farts.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't have a clue what you want.. you wanted cool builds and then you don't want cool builds.

YOu want all characters to be cool builds? Lower the difficulty to Story mode and everyone is cool now. Or go play PoE you fucker

ArchAngel

Arcane
That sorcerer was just one example. You can make a Sylvan sorcerer that has a super buff pet and still destroy stuff with spells. You can make a necro (like I do) that summons armies of undead and uses death spells to destroy enemies. You can make very powerful druids with pets and shapeshifting. Did you try lvl 9 druid spell that summons the fucking Worm from Dune that eats all your enemies?!
Inquisitor has a couple of powerful variations. Cleric has as well.

Don't act thick, you know what I mean. Did Kurosawa make movies about gnome sorcerer illusionists casting Weird? Did Clint Eastwood play the role of rogue/eldritch knight/druid hybrid? Cool is cool.

ArchAngel

Arcane
No, I don't know what you mean. You just came up with all this shit to complain why you cannot cast Time Stop? TIme stop was mostly shit without Epic levels and Improved Alacrity and this game does not have epic levels. Casters were weaker in BG2 than they are in this game, at least your casters were.

Simple Simon

Scholar
I think people can have different ideas of what is cool. If you don't like that the system can be exploited with weird, overpowered multiclasses or whatever, then just don't use them. You can still finish the game on pretty much any setting playing as a pure single class. If people enjoy "optimizing" by playing with multiclasses I don't see how that should diminish your enjoyment.

But again, that's my point about why Kangmaker sucks. You could also multiclass/dualclass in BG games, but if you didn't want to do that, you could be a purist and stick to cool and interesting classes/kits. Mages, an actual Kensai (focused on sword mastery and not some bullshit magic hybrid), Blade, Swashbuckler, etc. Kangmaker has no cool builds.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does this game cheat? I just interrupted the spell of an enemy (first major 'boss' you fight) and he got a fireball of without any spellcating speed factor/time displayed, and without having a wand on his corpse. I am confused. Had enough of that shit with the BG modding community.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does this game cheat? I just interrupted the spell of an enemy (first major 'boss' you fight) and he got a fireball of without any spellcating speed factor/time displayed, and without having a wand on his corpse. I am confused. Had enough of that shit with the BG modding community.

I'd guess you didn't in fact interrupt his casting. He only failed his Defensive Casting check and provoked an Attack of Opportunity. But he probably passed his Concentration check. Those are 2 separate rolls. And actually interrupting strong casters isn't easy. Unless you're a tripper I guess.

Xeon

Augur
I saw something about meta magic feat that speeds up spell casting, maybe he had that.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Played with a full arcane caster evil group.
Main was sorc, dualed the scythe chick into wisdom sorc, dorf priest into wisdom sorc, pala into sorc, tristan into wisdom sorc and that rogue/wiz chick went with wiz levels. Had a lot of fun, 6 fireballs openings and such :)

Gregz

Arcane
Does this game cheat?

Yes

Your characters are playing Pathfinder, they have all the relevant classes, stats, feats and rules from the game, but the GM is not playing the same game as you. If I'm constantly wondering about every opponent in the game trying to work out what crap the designer/GM has pulled with this one it very quickly becomes a chore rather than a game.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/ebben/recommended/640820

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom