Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines 2 Clan Introduction - Toreador

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Florian Schwarzer; Hardsuit Labs; Paradox Interactive; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

This week it's GameSpot who got the exclusive early reveal of the next clan confirmed for inclusion in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. The clan in question are the hedonistic Toreador, who were formally introduced in Paradox's livestream a few hours later. In addition to their signature ability to dazzle and charm, the Toreador of Bloodlines 2 also receive superhuman speed, a discipline they share with the Brujah. As usual, here's the trailer-with-gameplay-snippet along with details from the official website:

TOREADOR

From its music, gardens and parks, and iconic architecture, it would almost appear as though Seattle was shaped by artists. And with good reason - two of Seattle's former Princes were Toreador, and they remain one of the most numerous Kindred in the city. Influencing the political, social, and cultural elite, the Toreador have been well entrenched within Seattle's power structure since its days as a pioneer settlement. One look at the modern landscape of Downtown could paint a different picture - as if the massive cranes reshaping the city represent hands plucking the petals off of the rose. Another music venue gets demolished, a block of cookie-cutter townhouses replaces a mid-century modern home, an eccentric district becomes a family-friendly shadow of itself. You will still find the Toreador on the arms of the influential and on the dance floor of exclusive clubs, but there is a sense that this clan is partying like it's their last.

Obsessed with beauty in all forms, there are those Toreador who would claim that their Clan only chooses the most accomplished artists of each generation - whether they wielded the brush, the pen, their voice, body or mind. It'd only be half a lie. There are true visionaries among the Clan of the Rose, but it also contains its share of one-hit wonders and posers embraced in a moment of fleeting passion. All of them are cursed to spend eternity between the short-lived bliss of true beauty... And the ever-increasing spans of ennui in between. Ever seeking the next surprise, the next experience, the next chance to feel, some Toreador descend into depravity. Others fight grimly to retain the shreds of their humanity, whether by immersing or withdrawing themselves from the mortal world. Among it all, new ideas and trends constantly wash through the Clan, and other Kindred often look to the Toreador to guide them. The Divas know this, and the shrewd among them manage to turn it to their advantage.

A BEAUTIFUL WAY TO DIE

Only fools would mistake the Toreador for shallow hedonists. In truth, the Clan of the Rose is one of the most formidable forces among the Kindred: they’re the clan that creates. Players who choose to join them gain access to two of their rarefied Disciplines on top of the individual powers from their Thinblooded past.

PRESENCE

Toreador relish in their ability to turn a crowd into an audience, distraction into rapt attention, and aggression into adoration, by just entering the room. Their signature Discipline of Presence is at the root of this supernatural charm.

• Awe (Blood Cost: 2), the first active Presence power, allows the vampire to strike a pose that freezes all before them into adoring wonder. For a short while after, these new admirers will be oblivious to anything but what they just saw. The • • and • • • • • slots upgrade Awe.

• • • Entrance (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, forms a group of admirers around the vampire. For an extended period, these hangers-on will follow wherever the object of their adulation may go, distracting nearby enemies along the way. The • • • • and • • • • • slots upgrade Entrance.

Using Presence powers is not a Masquerade Violation.

CELERITY

Some Kindred are faster, dodge more elegantly, and can move with unimaginable grace. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond mortal imagination.

• Unseen Storm (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to dash in any direction at such a speed as to confound their audience. They can land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away in a lazy dust cloud. Characters struck along the way of the dash get knocked down. The • • slot further enhances the Unseen Storm.

• • • Accelerate (Blood Cost: 5), the second active, opens up speeds so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a virtual standstill. The crowds seem frozen in their steps, as the vampire dances between cars and bullet streaks. A more gauche clan might wish for a popular 80’s synth track in the background. The • • • • and • • • • • slots allow the vampire to further improve their acceleration.

Showing off Celerity to innocent mortals is a Masquerade Violation.

Note that the Presence discipline will also be used in dialogue checks, so it's not just a stun ability.

Outmind

Augur
They said there'd be 5 clans + thinbloods, right?

That doesn't bode well for the rest of the clans since we know we're getting Torries now. They could have easily substituted them for Ventrue without losing much of the clan's flare and added Nosferatu or Malkavian. Something tells me that Ventrue will be the last one , leaving the more interesting-to-play options out. Technically, we could get Asamite or Salubri if Sabat options are off the table, but I think that's a pipe dream at this point...

They might surprise us with Malks o Nosferatus, but both clans represent tons of additional work in either the game mechanic or dialogue department.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
They could have easily substituted them for Ventrue without losing much of the clan's flare
No, they couldn't have. I like the Toreador and dislike the Ventrue, for example. They're separate clans for a reason.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They said there'd be 5 clans + thinbloods, right?

That doesn't bode well for the rest of the clans since we know we're getting Torries now. They could have easily substituted them for Ventrue without losing much of the clan's flare and added Nosferatu or Malkavian. Something tells me that Ventrue will be the last one , leaving the more interesting-to-play options out. Technically, we could get Asamite or Salubri if Sabat options are off the table, but I think that's a pipe dream at this point...

They might surprise us with Malks o Nosferatus, but both clans represent tons of additional work in either the game mechanic or dialogue department.

I think you lost count. There are still two clans left to reveal so it'll be Ventrue and another one.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
How do I know this game will be shit?

From the fact that the morons who make this game felt the need that video-recorder to be splattered with blood.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I love the Ventrue but I think they're the least likely to make the cut. They revolve around status and you're a thin blood piece of shit, which implies your sire was a high generation piece of shit.

Hopefully I'm wrong, walking around dominating lowly peasants in both conversation and combat was the highlight of bloodlines 1 for me.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love the Ventrue but I think they're the least likely to make the cut. They revolve around status and you're a thin blood piece of shit, which implies your sire was a high generation piece of shit.

Hopefully I'm wrong, walking around dominating lowly peasants in both conversation and combat was the highlight of bloodlines 1 for me.

If they force player to RP le 56% blood barely vampire not going to bother to demo this new shit not to speak buy it. Half of fun in Bloodlines 1 was to play all those clans and enjoy the unique play as one.

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
CELERITY
Some Kindred strike faster, dodge quicker, and escape more nimbly than any mortal creature could hope to. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond all limits.

• Unseen Storm (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to dash in a direction of their choice at such a speed as to momentarily disappear from view, allowing them to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has time to settle. Characters struck along the way of the dash get knocked down. The • • slot further enhances the Unseen Storm.

• • • Accelerate (Blood Cost: 5), the second active, opens up speeds so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a virtual standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can get up to the kinds of stunts that, with a popular 80’s synth track in the background, would make an awesome movie scene. The • • • • and • • • • • slots allow the vampire to further improve their acceleration.

CELERITY
Some Kindred are faster, dodge more elegantly, and can move with unimaginable grace. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond mortal imagination.

• Unseen Storm (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to dash in any direction at such a speed as to confound their audience. They can land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away in a lazy dust cloud. Characters struck along the way of the dash get knocked down. The • • slot further enhances the Unseen Storm.

• • • Accelerate (Blood Cost: 5), the second active, opens up speeds so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a virtual standstill. The crowds seem frozen in their steps, as the vampire dances between cars and bullet streaks. A more gauche clan might wish for a popular 80’s synth track in the background. The • • • • and • • • • • slots allow the vampire to further improve their acceleration.

"Guys we only gave each clan 2 disciplines this time to avoid redundancies"

:nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters:

GloomFrost

Arcane

Making your character a thinblood instead of choosing a clan at the beginning of the game was totally retarded anyway. I m still not sure how are they going to make it work. I mean how is it even theoretically possible to be a Ventrue AND a thinblood??? :hmmm:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Making your character a thinblood instead of choosing a clan at the beginning of the game was totally retarded anyway. I m still not sure how are they going to make it work. I mean how is it even theoretically possible to be a Ventrue AND a thinblood??? :hmmm:

IIRC sabat offers diablerie as a reward sometimes, maybe you start as a sabat shovelhead.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
HOW CAN THEY MAKE YOU A THINBLOOD AND THEN LET YOU PICK A CLAN? diablerie, the coolest mechanic in the game.

BUT DIABLERIE IS FORBIDDEN BY THE CAMARILLA EXCEPT UNDER CERTAIN LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES! THE PRINCE WOULD HAVE TO DECLARE A BLOOD HUNT!!! ...ookay, why is that a problem?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You can diablerie vampires (and inherit their generation level) during Blood Hunts; it's one of the major ways Princes get a relatively asocial species of loners who don't like to stick their necks out for the common good to help enforce the Masquerade.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Additional clans will be post-launch free DLC. That seems very likely to include any missing clans from the first Bloodlines.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

You can diablerie vampires (and inherit their generation level) during Blood Hunts; it's one of the major ways Princes get a relatively asocial species of loners who don't like to stick their necks out for the common good to help enforce the Masquerade.
And in recent developments, they've also started using this as a carrot for wooing double agents among Anarch Thinbloods.

In terms of hypothetical game mechanics, it seems like a good way of incorporating a universal set of disciplines with Clan disciplines for a greater set of options for the player.

IIRC sabat offers diablerie as a reward sometimes, maybe you start as a sabat shovelhead.
Sabbat has absolutely no restrictions on diablerie beyond cohesion in the ranks under the Purchase Pact and Code of Milan. Outside of or when necessitated by them, any and all diablerie is permissible, because any and all means are acceptable for the sect's primary goals. EDIT: Also since this is V5 timeline, odds are the player won't be seeing Sabbat until possibly very late, since Sabbat has gone entirely underground in their former territories and relocated most of their manpower (vampirepower?) to the Middle-East and North Africa to fight the Gehenna Crusade against Methuselahs and Antediluvians since it's go-time for the Army of Caine.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I'm pro-Gangrel
Imagine making a V:tM game and not having Gangrel.
"FurryFag's are people who wish they were not born human, but instead some other idiotic half witted animal that doesn't know what the hell it is doing. They would not be thinking like they would be now if they were an animal, they would not be doing romantic things and talking like humans do, they would not be walking upright on 2 legs(because 70% of FurryFags are interested in wolves while 30% of FurryFags are interested in Dragons, which dragons are not considered Scaly, they are still considered FurryFags because they desire to be an animal other then human) Only people of very low mental health and are in denial of such problems resort to being a FurryFag. People who are FurryFags and actually find love partners who are other people, usually don't get married because in their dreams they want to be married in their animal forms instead of human forms. As well as the person they are with is 100% another FurryFag(fag is being used as a demeaner and not homosexually most of the time) and they have Gut Wrenching FurryFag Fantasy sex that literally makes people either LoL when they see it, or Puke and crawl away crying. FurryFags are people to be avoided for their mental problems and their stubbornness to accept this and need help. Stay away from them if you can for they will probably try to hump your leg or some stupid shit like that cause they wish they were canines 70% of the time." (c) UD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom