Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
waah why men into men in my game waaaaaaaaah

Feminists: waah why men in my game waaaaaaaaah

Feminists: waah why sexy women in my game waaaaaaaaah

Feminists: waah why <insert thing that Feminists hate> in your game waaaaaaaaah

Feminists: waah why do games exist waaaaaaaaah

Apt comparison, both stances are grating and absolutely retarded.

RaptorRex888

Learned
Thanks for the detailed reply, so judging from what you've said Woedica seems to want and encourage an anarchist route? I hope any sort of moral judgement is not being placed on which faction you choose (or don't) at the end.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've heard that she has a fair amount of reactivity to your choices in Poe 1, is it true?
Mainly in the form of dialogue. XP rewards are the same, item rewards are sometimes different, but nothing is critically better than another. It's :balanced: in a way that tends to make me indifferent to how I solve quests.

The writing sometimes stretches logic to absurd degrees in order to justify that "whatever you just decided, character X will not be pissed off/will roll with your decision". The few notable exceptions are when you cause a companion to leave the party.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
One of the best armors, Devil of Caroc's breastplate (imho the best) comes from specific POE choice. And 2 swords that could also be reforged into unique greatsword that has whole builds dependent on it.
Items is much more important than dialogue flavor for me, worth to get at least some save with them.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A save is not required, its enough to make the right choices in the history section.

Xeon

Augur
There is a lot of stutter in Neketaka and loading there seems a lot longer, pretty sure it was smooth and short loading at release.

Hate how switching weapons takes an entire turn, especially since you can't even change a weapon with one from an inventory or something.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
What were the choices necessary for Devil of Caroc breastplate again? I always fucking forget.

(Restarting game with TB mode, so thought I'd ask).

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Question about Sissak in Forgotten Sanctum:
Apparently I should be able to resolve this peacefully if I give him the Warden Contract. I do have this contract, but I can't give it to him, only say that I might look for it, which leads to fighting him
Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Xeon

Augur
This fix seems to have immensely reduced the stutter but man, couldn't they have released a proper fix or something if they know there is a problem.

RaptorRex888

Learned
How do I make Aloth like me? Almost finished with Neketaka and I've maxed everyone except him. I must say it is was easy as fuck to make everyone like me when almost everyone is lighthearted. My Aloth is Anti-Leaden Key with Ilsymer.

Xeon

Augur
Pretty sure nothing happens if he dislikes you, as long as you complete his personal quest and don't do anything that he warns you not to do.

My first playthrough he had max dislike of me and still stuck with me, probably only affects his ending slide and how he greets you iirc.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
He's delusional if he expects anyone to complete The Ultimate.

Even if it were possible, it would require autism the likes of which the codex has never seen before.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
People are practicing on twitch and all of them are using RTwP because the option to slow down time is still there.

I think someone said that they disabled slow down mode before for Magran's challenge but after a lot of complaints its enabled again now but not sure.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
People are practicing on twitch and all of them are using RTwP because the option to slow down time is still there.

I think someone said that they disabled slow down mode before for Magran's challenge but after a lot of complaints its enabled again now but not sure.
I thought Magran's challenge disabled slowing down time?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Did the new patch decrease performance? I started it up today but as soon as I loaded my save, my fans just started going crazy. Is there anything I can do to reduce CPU usage? I'm on a GTX 1080, 16 GB of RAM.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Limit the frame rate like that previous post says. But yes, performance has gotten worse and worse with every patch.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I imagine every codexer has an ancient PC and that's why you guys have so many performance issues

My computer runs recent games that should be far more demanding than deadfire with better performance and less choking, both strategy games and FPS alike. Unity is a shit engine for performance to begin with but deadfire optimisation is also atrocious.

The game starts to cook my PC whenever it is on character creation or level up screen, there is really no excuse for this. It is pure incompetence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom