Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Technomancer

Liturgist
We'll see. It would take quite a bit of time to implement robustly, though.
Of course. Designing cybernetics to be interesting to play and distinct from psionics is no joke, but I think it worth the wait and effort. Especially if you want to make the systems to offer something unique that goes a little further than stat boosts.

I know it is way too early but would you consider to allow the player a limited combination of psionics and cybernetics? I like how shadowrun universe combines magic and cybernetics and siphons the magical power of the player if he goes too far. Seems like a smart and organic solution to prevent OP characters. I think it could work in Underrail.

Some ideas: You have this cyborg bar that represents how much your body is packed with tech. If it stays below 25% your psionics is not affected as your augmentation is mild. If it goes further than this but stays below 50 the source of your psionic power is having difficulty with interfacing with your changing nature and because of that you lose access to Thought Control and your other powers start flaring and behave unpredictably, making your them dangerous to yourself and unreliable, forcing you to be a wild caster of sorts. Finally, if you go further but stay below 75 your psionic ability starts dimming in power as the source loses connection to your living essence. The intensity of all your powers is reduced by half and you lose the ability to channel Temporal Manipulation. If you go further still you are considered more machine than a man, and your enhanced vessel is no longer capable of any psionic ability ever again.
It would be cool to see extremely rare (1-2 unique implants in the whole game) psioborg tech that at its core is an extremely advanced relic implants that boosts your psionic power. It replaces obsolete and underperforming parts of your brain to better channel the psi while keeping the parts that are mandatory for function. Maybe an alternative implant that allows the player to unlock psionic potential without taking the pill and without suffering so much trauma in the process (still reduces HP but not as much, and has a different extra negative effect, like permanent -50% XP gain for anything else really).
I think it also makes sense to allow the player to have access to Faceless cyborg tech in the very rare circumstances.

Maybe add some implants to in-game human enemies to compensate for player's power and the ability to rip some tech from the fallen. The ideas are virtually limitless with cybernetics, I think they could add a new layer of fun to the game!

hilfazer

Scholar
Styg said:
We're going to be starting the final round of testing in about 2 weeks, so expect new invites to go out then and if there are other veterans out there who would be interested, encourage them to sign up here. It is preferable for the people that apply that they have at least some history of forum activity here, on Steam, or on RPG Codex, but it's not required.

source

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom