Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I remember over a decade ago when the codex used to have standards. Now this place is all about RTwP trash, singleplayer MMOs, and glorified visual novels.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
They have actual decent artists, why do they copy the Pillars artstyle down to a t, even layout and positioning of UI elements is exactly the same

Look at the walls of text and how the dialogue is written. Artstyle and UI aren't the only things they're copying from Pillars of Eternity.

hellbent

Augur
It looks....not like total shit. My attention grows and will swell further if GreenMagicSpell returns to this thread to deliver more of her "unpaid evangelism" of this product.

I'm not an evangerista any more, I've a new decent job. And so does my bf who used to be their united3d developer. years ago. Stop mentioning us.

Kind of glad that they succeed their KS because I was very skeptical and didn't back of them due in part to the very bad community manager coming here to promote the game.
Oh I didn't lick your ass clean so you didn't back the project this is your problem not mine. I kinda to disagree the pr directional they chose ("Thank You For Your Massage! at every FaceBook answer, etcetera) but it's their call and I still cross fingers for them and so does my bf.

Forget me please. Thank you.

Bohr

Arcane
I'm not an evangerista any more, I've a new decent job. And so does my bf who used to be their united3d developer. years ago. Stop mentioning us.
Congrats... but you mean you weren't just a regular fan who happened to really like the look of the Black Geyser? I feel I've been ruthlessly manipulated :(

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People weren't skeptical of this game because of GreenMagicSpell's posts. They were skeptical about it because of the ridiculous lore and writing on the official website and because the entire project seemed like vaporware.

It's true though that the gameplay videos have always looked solid (not just this one, earlier ones too). What I wonder is how much content the developers have really created, considering that they're suffering from delays and milestone funding issues and such. How much game is there here really? Can these guys really create a full-sized game?

Cael

Arcane
I was skeptical right off the bat when I saw the stupid greed system. It set off a multitude of "We are the 99%" alarms ringing in my head, and sjw shit never comes out well.

Mustawd

People weren't skeptical of this game because of GreenMagicSpell's posts

Yeah, that isn’t true. GreenMagicSpell’s posts added an extra layer of WTF combined with naive amateurism. It went perfectly along with the idea of a studio that had no clue what it was doing. They still might not, but at least they have passion.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
People weren't skeptical of this game because of GreenMagicSpell's posts. They were skeptical about it because of the ridiculous lore and writing on the official website and because the entire project seemed like vaporware.

It's true though that the gameplay videos have always looked solid (not just this one, earlier ones too). What I wonder is how much content the developers have really created, considering that they're suffering from delays and milestone funding issues and such. How much game is there here really? Can these guys really create a full-sized game?
I have noticed that they do show most of their thing around this house. For all we know it could be the only finished place. I believe that they would have show bustling cities or hq place if they had finished it.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Circlejerking about a game's superioriy that hasn't even released, yet I'm the one that gets accused of having an agenda.

Obsidian really got you folks triggered, huh?

Last edited:

purpleblob

Savant

Kind of glad that they succeed their KS because I was very skeptical and didn't back of them due in part to the very bad community manager coming here to promote the game.
Oh I didn't lick your ass clean so you didn't back the project this is your problem not mine. I kinda to disagree the pr directional they chose ("Thank You For Your Massage! at every FaceBook answer, etcetera) but it's their call and I still cross fingers for them and so does my bf.

Forget me please. Thank you.

Someone secretly likes attention it seems.

Atrachasis

Augur
I was skeptical right off the bat when I saw the stupid greed system. It set off a multitude of "We are the 99%" alarms ringing in my head, and sjw shit never comes out well.
I wouldn't be THAT quick to dismiss it. Mechanics-wise, this "greed" stat could be interesting IF implemented well (big IF, I know...). It's been a while since we had an RPG that kept track of your "(moral) playing style" (rather than singular choices) and reacted to it. The virtues of Ultima IV come to mind.

That said, they're so obviously inspired by games that I have never grown particularly attached to, so I am already quite certain that I will skip this, but I will nonetheless follow with interest the exploits of any developer who experiments with something beyond STRINTDEX.

ironmask

Arbiter
voice acting is going to get annoying real fast. Besides that the game looks decent.

Cael

Arcane
I wouldn't be THAT quick to dismiss it. Mechanics-wise, this "greed" stat could be interesting IF implemented well (big IF, I know...). It's been a while since we had an RPG that kept track of your "(moral) playing style" (rather than singular choices) and reacted to it. The virtues of Ultima IV come to mind.

That said, they're so obviously inspired by games that I have never grown particularly attached to, so I am already quite certain that I will skip this, but I will nonetheless follow with interest the exploits of any developer who experiments with something beyond STRINTDEX.
Ultima 4 didn't have you refusing rewards and gimping yourself in order to satisfy some sjw fantasy of "Good" guys. Mainly, of course, because it didn't have quests other than the main one. In a game like BG with its myriad of side quests, refusing rewards is a sure way to losing the game unless they made the game so easy that it is not worth playing, let alone spending money on. As I said, it is unrealistic sjw "obscene rewards/profit" crap. No one has ever won at an Olympics by refusing to train.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom