Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Payd Shell

Arcane
Durability isn't really an issue when you consider that chosen can oneshot your battleforged bros for whatever reason.

Modron

Arcane
Durability isn't really an issue when you consider that chosen can oneshot your battleforged bros for whatever reason.
Do you not take Steel Brow or something? Reason chosen are one-shotting brothers is because of yuge criticals and their two handed hammers/maces having 50%+ armor penetration.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Do you not take Steel Brow or something? Reason chosen are one-shotting brothers is because of yuge criticals and their two handed hammers/maces having 50%+ armor penetration.
They also do that on body hits sometimes. That being said I haven't fought them myself because ironman, I've just watched some dumb e-celebs fight them.

Payd Shell

Arcane
So what background should you go with when returning after a long break
Lone Wolf for the RNG memes obviously.

I am at day 90 something with my peasant militia and have broken the first greenskin siege, without any losses but some injuries because the game thinks it's funny to:
1. Spawn the catapults in a mountain region
2. let ambushers sit on the highest possible spots
3. place your guys at the very bottom of the mountain, having fun tasting tasty goblin poison arrows for breakfast while climbing that stupid hill

Now would be the next siege but I'm exhausted. Having to play around a mountain is fucking boring and tedious, especially because you're at such a disadvantage every time. I mean it makes sense, the greenskins would chose a place that gives them the advantage and reach to lay siege to a city, but still. Thank god I haven't encountered any warriors yet, I think I lack the equipment and levels to reliably deal with them. Running around with 15 guys does make leveling really slow.

jungl

Augur
finally ran into the redesigned alps. Worst designed enemy in the game. Your crew is basically dead unless you have a bunch of dogs and single handed weapons. Is the mod that removes alps from the game the #1 downloaded mod?

Payd Shell

Arcane
They spawn shadow aids around your guys that spawn nightmares
nightmares die in one hit, their attacks always hit but the damage is mitigated by resolve. Alps themselves don't do shit once you reach them except spawning more miasma shadow aids. The most common tactic is equip everyone with spears and swords for the hit bonus, strip all armor and give everyone a dog. Then you slowly advance towards one alp at a time with 4-5 guys while they spawn their shit nonstop. It's tedious.

jungl

Augur
When 30 orcs and 20 necrosavants are less dangerious then 11 alps you know something is wrong.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Should be said, 'we who are about to sleep, salute you.' Goddamn Alps. Yeah, can we bring our boys some extra coke in their lunch sacks? This napping shit hurts.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
did they reduce the number of farmers available? I seem to recall relying on those guys early game but in my few test games so far they've been ultra rare.

Riel

Arcane
One skull contract ---> We need to be paid more for this ---> Accept ---> END THE NIGHTMARES ---> oh no no no no

I have found Alps only in the mission, I don't know if they appear by themselves in the wilds or in harder difficulty missions, but in my only experience with them they never cast sleep, they only created clones which are easy to dispose off as long as they don't outnumber you, I added some dogs to the fight and it was more tedious than challenging.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Is there a way to buff against Hexen kiss? High resolve check, maybe? I had one battle against 3 of them plus some undead. Lost almost half my team and had to retreat 'cause they kept getting kiss-flipped.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a way to buff against Hexen kiss? High resolve check, maybe? I had one battle against 3 of them plus some undead. Lost almost half my team and had to retreat 'cause they kept getting kiss-flipped.
High resolve is pretty much your only recourse, and even then it's a crapshoot. Better just to deal with bros as they turn.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
High resolve is pretty much your only recourse, and even then it's a crapshoot. Better just to deal with bros as they turn.
Mood affects resolve, so boosting it via rounds of beer helps.
There's also a necklace that gives immunity to mind control effects.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Yeah you get the undead trophy which makes one bro immune to mind control and fear from the undead ambition (destroy 4 or 5 undead camps).

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
You guys ever play the Legends mod?

Seems fascinating so far.
Hasn't been updated for WOTN yet, but you can revert to B&E version of the game via Beta tab on steam (v. 1.2.x)
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/60

Fascinating stuff. A lot of the things people were asking for, like passive stats/skills for your company (barter skill, movement on different terrain types on the world map, an actual camp with lots of functions you can assign brothers to, had different starts before BB itself did).
It has leader starts and special perk trees for the leaders.
Custom items. My crusader start guy has a custom 2h sword that can also do regular slashes (i.e. 2 per turn) in addition to the regular overhead swing, split and that 3-guy swipe.

Pretty cool so far. Lots of options for map size and amount of cities, noble factions, water, landmass, snow, different difficulty scaling (you can encounter tiny groups at start now if you only have one-two guys... Though that doesn't seem to work as well for tombs and such).

Great stuff, shame there's no workshop integration on steam so more people would know about it.

For the camp you unlock tent types by visiting cities with their equivalent in them. Like a taxidermist/crafting tent.
Can buy upgrades for them as well.
You can stay out longer in the wild because you can now break down items into tools in your camp, hunt for food, gather herbs, train in camp (rare chance of stat increase, otherwise +20 percent xp in the next battle, but small chance of injury during training).
This also makes banditry much more interesting as a gameplay choice. Along with permanent destruction.

Different backgrounds now add different stuff, tools/med/ammo is now related to who's in your company.
I.e. some guy might give you +5 tool capacity, be good at hunting, give +landspeed in forests, whatever. Generally a lot of different boni per bro but only some may be high depending on background.
Perks for that exist as well on your leader.

Low tier bros (say, miners, farmers) also get special weapon perks for pickaxes (+15 melee skill if they have one, another skill for +damage), dunno about higher tier guys yet. For those of you who frequently have cannon fodder/weaklings in your group.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom