Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Robothorium: Sci-fi Dungeon Crawler

Andhaira

Arcane
http://robothorium.com

This shit any good? Combat seems fun, but the art style is meh.

Anyone play this puppy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
meh, played it for like half an hour. Felt like a crappy darkest dungeon, maybe it gets better later.

Jamma

Novice
I played it for 2-3 hours, so take my words with a grain of salt. In my experience the game suffers from:
- HP bloat
- out of combat RNG events that aren't interesting in any way.
- way too much loot that you must constantly replace because a level 8 gun is better than level 5 gun, and you get levels fast. But items don't always share attributes, so you have to compare them one by one to know what's good.
You get so much loot it's tiresome. This is the best picture I could find of how much loot you usually have:
Robothorium-Review-Mac-Gaming-Cypher-6.jpg

notice how much room there is to scroll down.

- Crafting is pointless due to the item leveling.
- Shit plot though you can and should skip it.
- The combat might seem complex due to the large number of buffs and debuffs, but once you force yourself to read what everything does you'll find it shallow. DPS guys should DPS, healers should heal. However, your DPS guy should also put 5 different debuffs that help him do more damage, but those debuffs don't add any depth, they simply do more damage. So you you can poison, increase laser damage, increase ally damage by 5%, and prepare the enemy for the Super Attack. But this isn't interesting, It's all just DPS. Ditto for shields.
It's as simple as final fantasy press x to win, but the x is hidden under a barrage of buff and debuffs. It's shitty design that suffers from rule bloat.

The game is really similar to StarCrawlers, but worse in every way. Play that instead.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom