Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
201905191418531.jpg

201905191417441.jpg

accurate representation of my progress thru this game

spekkio

Arcane
nxZTRqM.png

:yeah:

MjfeoSn.png

:obviously:

Plot? Usual FE fare:

iiULSAs.png

AhgeByX.png

Yup. Either motherfucking dragons or motherfucking priests. Every fucking time.

:rage:

Events? Usual business:

TGxNxK2.png

UQUmlXY.png

Like fuckin' 10 seconds later:

VzuRppK.png

:roll:

Dirty Dozen+:

herpfLg.png

Ogma is female this time:

FDNTATP.png

:bro:

Time for some tacticuling:

q6lLwez.png

So I've heard that maps in this game are really huge? How huge are we talking a...

VsWoBZV.png

:incline:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
And so with the help of a magical phylactery, Kalin turned into a massive Frost Giant and smashed the dragon dead.

ltVLYnJ.png

DVWwiJx.png

Is there any challenge left?

Fucking oxes are worth 70 exp a piece lah.

mbYXpJ5.png

kc9FKSj.png

Jinn

Arcane
I feel like I read very mixed opinions about Neverwinter Nights. What do you guys think? The Enhanced edition and some DLC are 80% off at the minute on Steam, so I'm thinking of getting it

The original campaign is pretty terrible, less in an offensive way, and more in a completely boring and mediocre way. The expansions are better, with Shadows of Undrentide being a little better, and Hordes of the Underdark being much better. The Aurora engine is pretty bad, honestly, both visually and mechanically (no full-party control, just your main character with henchman that follow you), but can provide some fun roleplaying and can even be charming aesthetically if harnessed by skilled folks. Of course, it's also based in 3rd edition D&D ruleset which is always fun to play around with.

Where the game really offers a great experience is with its module creation toolset and the excellent projects that are a result of it. Swordflight for example is a huge, multi-chapter (1-4 so far, reportedly clocking in at 140-160 hours of gameplay) highly reactive and challenging module set in the unique nation of Calimsham (the Arabian Nights type nation in the Forgotten Realms setting). I would say that in itself is worth the $4 you will spend on the Enhanced Edtion. There are tons of other very entertaining and well-done mods out there too.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
I feel like I read very mixed opinions about Neverwinter Nights. What do you guys think? The Enhanced edition and some DLC are 80% off at the minute on Steam, so I'm thinking of getting it

The original campaign is pretty terrible, less in an offensive way, and more in a completely boring and mediocre way. The expansions are better, with Shadows of Undrentide being a little better, and Hordes of the Underdark being much better. The Aurora engine is pretty bad, honestly, both visually and mechanically (no full-party control, just your main character with henchman that follow you), but can provide some fun roleplaying and can even be charming aesthetically if harnessed by skilled folks. Of course, it's also based in 3rd edition D&D ruleset which is always fun to play around with.

Where the game really offers a great experience is with its module creation toolset and the excellent projects that are a result of it. Swordflight for example is a huge, multi-chapter (1-4 so far, reportedly clocking in at 140-160 hours of gameplay) highly reactive and challenging module set in the unique nation of Calimsham (the Arabian Nights type nation in the Forgotten Realms setting). I would say that in itself is worth the $4 you will spend on the Enhanced Edtion. There are tons of other very entertaining and well-done mods out there too.

I remember playing that during a really rough part in my life and not certain if it was as bad as it was or if it was what was going on in my life rubbing off on the playing experiences.

Looking back it could have very well been the other way around.

I played the campaign to the end, but I couldn't keep going after that despite all the talk of the expansions being better, that campaign just drained everything out of me.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I remember playing that during a really rough part in my life and not certain if it was as bad as it was or if it was what was going on in my life rubbing off on the playing experiences.

It's really pretty goddamn bad. I can't imagine going through some shit, then inflicting NWN OC on myself too.

I played the campaign to the end, but I couldn't keep going after that despite all the talk of the expansions being better, that campaigned just drained everything out of me.

Yeah, I really can't recommend that anyone play the OC. It's a soul-sucker for sure. Pretty sure you can start the expansions with a leveled character, so I'd always recommend people do that instead. And only really Hordes of the Underdark.

Just play modules, bros.

Endemic

Arcane
^
"I belive I can fly".

:lol:

Well, that's the catch.

You still only have one pegasus knight...and rescue wasn't implemented until Thracia 776.

By the way, you should check out Berwick Saga - it's a bit more like Jagged Alliance, including the hiring mercenaries part. I'm doing a let's play of it here on the playground.

decisionicjzn.png

summary0stj7f.png

char1tjkpz.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Considering it's supposed to get a mega-update in June, I think you're unwise to push through it right now.

Considering it's supposed to get a mega-update in June, I think you're unwise to push through it right now.
I'm already more'n half way through it, and the mega-update may set things on fire or otherwise fuck up old saves that originate from when the game launched which is why I was thinking I should knock it out. My party's already a bit fucked up from a balance patch taking an axe to my overpowered bullshit, probably should respec everyone but I'm lazy.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NWN is a funny one for me. I hated the main campaign and never played the expansions. However, I spent many, many hours on many different online servers. Bought both expansions for the online portion of the game too.

These days, I'd say skip it.

Mikeal

Arcane
Playing Blood on Extra Crispy part 4.

E4M1: Butchery Loves Company
SYpaubD.jpg

E4M2: Breeding Grounds
gA4GKzU.jpg

E4M3: Charnel House
R6IlLHh.jpg

How the hell did you get there? Get down!
RPxGE3x.jpg

E4M4: Crystal Lake
deZCOoW.jpg

Hey I want one now!
OamQo7M.jpg

E4M9: Mall of the Dead
7U4scs8.jpg

E4M5: Fire and Brimstone
GoEgGxi.jpg

E4M6: The Ganglion Depths
uWnVll6.jpg

E4M7: In The Flesh
Lz9WTKN.jpg

E4M8: Hall of the Epiphany
z83JZdP.jpg

Good, bad this time Tchernobog swallowed over 250 ammo from Tesla Cannon, almost 80 shotgun bucks, 50 life leech with part of my health and 12 napalm balls. Clearly not a pushover like on lower difficulties.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
SHOT0000.png

spooky

SHOT0001.png

excuse me but dark side cloning my very own respectable self is banned all around the galaxy

SHOT0002.png

you are inferior

SHOT0003.png

aw hell fucking no :negative:

the final levels of mysteries of the sith are so insanely frustrating - the game takes away all your guns, leaves you only with the stupid, shitty lightsaber, and then throws tons of rampaging critters at you that can kill you in 1-2 hits

AND I HAVEN'T EVEN YET COME ACROSS THE TURBO-TIGERS THAT COME LATER IN THE SITH TEMPLE ITSELF

SHOT0005.png

7aEeHR.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom