Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
they just don't get it, do they? sales and relevancy has been on a steady decline ever since they ditched the traditional turn based combat. What's their idea to revitalize the series? just take the most beloved entry and make it in the style of the newer ones which nobody likes. Utter retards. I wonder how many flops in a row do they need to go "back to the roots" and make a classically style FF again.

What do you mean?
FF XV is the third biggest selling FF game, just behind FF VII and FF X.
https://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-sales-hit-8-4-million-shipped-worldwide/

inb4 FF X Remake

Yeah, it continues to sell well, but XV also had such a messy development cycle and so much wasted resources that I wouldn't be surprised if its return on investment was pretty poor.

Which is not a problem of the game being action.

Point is, action sells more than TB whether we like it or not.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Never played VII before it looked OK except for the voices. I need to see more combat videos to be sure but considering the combat in XV i doubt it will be good. May or may not pirate.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Japanese VA

Observations:
- Mouth animations are lip-synced to language VA
- Jap VA is better IMO (as usual); in particular Aerith, Sephiroth & generic soldiers' barks
(Aerith Eng VA just sounds like a typical main heroine in a typical Eng-dubbed generic anime, got to be a lot more 'refined-sounding' than that)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
God help us all if they remake FF6.
They already molested it.
ss_b3a5dd32e3a8882ff71d0c50ff084a9724d696dc.600x338.jpg

ss_a2efbdd3419ac6cb333249148c6eda669f7fbed5.600x338.jpg

mogwaimon

Magister
Barret with shades? what were they thinking.

I refuse to believe someone will drop the remake over Barret's shades. :|
My mind has easier time comprehending Cthulhu than that.

i mean it's not worth dropping the game over, but it's the cherry on top of the shit sandwich. Doesn't even look like Barret anymore, looks like generic black guy 23402 even without the shades.
i'm talking a lot of shit right now but i probably will end up playing the remake, though i already know it won't live up to the original. yea, i know, keep an open mind and all, but...well...no. at least the nude mods will be glorious

Dedup

Augur
While I liked FF7 well enough, I can't say I'm that amped up for the remake due to the episodic nature and the switch to action combat. There are a couple of things that could get me more interested though. First would be to have Midgar fully explorable with a lot of areas, hidden stuff and optional boss battles to find. The second thing would be for them to implement a form of FF12's Gambit system so I at least have a measure of control over what the party members do in combat and I can take direct control of them when I feel like it.

Adon

Arcane
If it took them forever to make boring ass wide open spaces in XV, imagine them trying to make a city as detailed as Midgar into an open-world.

Machocruz

Arcane
SquareEnix is done. A couple of Bravely Defaults or Octopaths every now and then doesn't change that. They have no balls and no vision.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
irst would be to have Midgar fully explorable with a lot of areas, hidden stuff and optional boss battles to find.

I'd be surprised if they don't make Midgar an open world.
yo are u crazy

an open world midgar would take 20 years to make
If it took them forever to make boring ass wide open spaces in XV, imagine them trying to make a city as detailed as Midgar into an open-world.

Well in terms of open worlds, I believe that what matters isn't the size but the detail. Kamurocho is hands down the best open world environment there is, and it's only a tiny fraction of the size of a Bethesda or Ass Creed map. But that's the thing, vast size doesn't make a place feel like a real location, it's things like the shops, the establishments, and the daily life on the streets. If you just spread out that over a vast distance instead of treating it with focus, it all becomes diluted and the sense of being there is gone. So in case of an open world Midgar, what'd you really need to focus on is a number of smaller areas and give them a distinct identity. Which is kinda what the location design of the original FF7 did.

Beastro

Arcane
While I liked FF7 well enough, I can't say I'm that amped up for the remake due to the episodic nature and the switch to action combat. There are a couple of things that could get me more interested though. First would be to have Midgar fully explorable with a lot of areas, hidden stuff and optional boss battles to find. The second thing would be for them to implement a form of FF12's Gambit system so I at least have a measure of control over what the party members do in combat and I can take direct control of them when I feel like it.

They need to do more than focus more on what good areas they have in the game (Midgar), they need to fill in the rest.

Replaying it years ago I was immediately struck by how vacant and stitched together the post-Midgar "journey" is. The plot between it and the temple of the ancients pretty much freezes and is filled in by a few, mostly poorly done companion quests.

The timeline and circumstances around Coral and Barret were especially bad considering his daughter is a tiny girl and we're expected to believe that, not only did his town go to pot around the time of her birth, but also that the region was reduced to desert and the Golden Saucer was built on top of it, all within the span of 5 years at most.

It's clear they developed both areas were developed separately and then stitched them together later on, as they largely did between Midgar, the Northern Mountain Cave and then the return to both.

The same problem effects Disc 2 as well with most of the giant materia quest being filler to busy the player until Cloud comes back and the story can resume with the return to Midgar.

I was a bit of a shock to me to encounter that as the FFs before them and the other two on the PSX (Stopped playing them afterwards) handled chaining the story and the journey together very well with it's digressions.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
I mean, FF7 is basically Midgar -> World tour on a package bus reading a short story compilation of nice character-themed short stories -> Railroaded sequences where MIND CONTROLLED BOY gives BAD GUY everything he needs -> Open world interlude where chocobos have much sex -> Ending.

It's still a game with massive scope and a lot of assets, but look a bit closer and you can see how effective they were at letting sometimes sparse gameplay and story appear to be far more epic and content-filled and cohesive, especially for the first time player.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Given that I really liked the combat in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy a lot, I'm actually pretty hyped for this. :bounce:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I've always felt that FF7 was a massive decline from 6 in terms of story and overall feel. FF6 had fantastic feel with a world that was much better put together, and the open world part that occurred after Kefka essentially won was so much better done than the disc 2/3 BS in 7.

kids these days, getting a free flower from Aerith. Back in my day that flower used to cost 1 gil

Just a trailer and we already see the casualization.

-

this model doesn’t look at all like Tifa. She never looked as if she was about to burst out of her own clothes. She is busty but not comically large like in this model. This face really needs a reworking because that’s just another character as far as I’m concerned and Tifa never had her legs like that. They are supposed to be long and rather thin. This model are the exact opposite of that. If Aerith is anything to go by I’d say we have nothing to worry about with Tifa.
CYI2HRHWkAA07MJ.jpg

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Magister

This isn't even an official render, just some artist's interpretation. Boobs are fine that way: Tifa's tits were oversized in the 3D cutscenes because assets were exaggerated (just like at Barrett's proportions).

That's a damn shame, that model is perfect for Tifa. Lean sexy frame but she also looks powerful and like she can throw a punch, not like an animu paper doll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom