Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher A Slavic RPG thread w. screenshots

Paul_cz

Arcane
I'm curious about 'Brány Skeldalu', a Czech dungeon crawler released back in 1998. Has anyone here played it?
Yes. It is hard as nails (or was when I played it, I was 12). I never finished it but vividly remember its atmosphere, I loved it. Great music. And topless amazons.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Rape of Mages 1/2
400235-rage-of-mages-ii-necromancer-screenshot.jpg

rage_mages_screenshot1.jpg

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Any good? "Mixed" review rating on Steam doesn't inspire much hope.

To be honest, I have not finished it. Although it's in my backlog.
It builds up kinda slowly and combat is clumsy, but I was getting a bit of Gothic vibe out of it.
Still, I'd say it worth taking a look at least, Steam reviews is hardly an objective judgement scale. :)

Black Angel

Arcane

Jinn

Arcane

I wouldn't buy it until the fabled 1.5 patch they've been promising for the past 6 months (?) or so is out and has gotten plenty of feedback. If you're interested in a more in-depth view on the game, check the official thread where I've left a number of comments on my adventures of attempting to play it from day one.

tl;dr - it's not a finished game and probably never will be. The first 10 hours or so are fun and the setting draws you in, but you quickly see it begin to crumble from that point on both mechanically and systemically.

V_K

Arcane

I wouldn't buy it until the fabled 1.5 patch they've been promising for the past 6 months (?) or so is out and has gotten plenty of feedback. If you're interested in a more in-depth view on the game, check the official thread where I've left a number of comments on my adventures of attempting to play it from day one.

tl;dr - it's not a finished game and probably never will be. The first 10 hours or so are fun and the setting draws you in, but you quickly see it begin to crumble from that point on both mechanically and systemically.
So the epitome of Slavic RPGs. I see.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Boiling Point: Road to Hell. I had to order a physical copy of this one. I've never heard of it up until recently, and I would't've picked it up if it didn't seem so interesting on paper. I've never played an RPG about South American drug lords, so it seems like less of a typical RPG and more of an RPG/Far Cry hybrid.
boilingpoint_20518.jpg

It was actually STALKER in South America. Some of the Stalker devs split off to create XENUS one of those Ukrainian/Russian STALKER/Metro type games which looked better than western counterparts but was chock full of problems.

I actually liked it and if I hadn't played it in summer 2006 when we had 40C and my graphics card died from it, I might have completed it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Boiling Point: Road to Hell. I had to order a physical copy of this one. I've never heard of it up until recently, and I would't've picked it up if it didn't seem so interesting on paper. I've never played an RPG about South American drug lords, so it seems like less of a typical RPG and more of an RPG/Far Cry hybrid.
boilingpoint_20518.jpg

It was actually STALKER in South America. Some of the Stalker devs split off to create XENUS one of those Ukrainian/Russian STALKER/Metro type games which looked better than western counterparts but was chock full of problems.

I actually liked it and if I hadn't played it in summer 2006 when we had 40C and my graphics card died from it, I might have completed it.

There's also Xenus 2: White Gold, and The Precursors which is a scifi version of the same game idea (and you even get to fly a spaceship).

Both are available on Steam, with fan-made English translations even, I think. Originally they only had a Russki version, I remember torrenting the games back in the day and installing Wesp's fan translation because officially they were only available in Russian.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I know. But when the Xenus 2 thingy finally came out it was not available for years in civilized countries, and the few reviews said it was even more broken than Road To Hell. Tbh it's one of those enigmas to me because I could never play it.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I'm curious about 'Brány Skeldalu', a Czech dungeon crawler released back in 1998. Has anyone here played it?

Brany_Skeldalu_Higher_Res.png
It's fairly decent. Kinda like turn-based Lands of Lore with better puzzles. It was never officially translated into English though, so the translation available on the net is rather quircky.
Note that the translation was updated recently. And yes the game is fun.

Yes, it is. Except having to manually stuff food and water into every single of your 6 characters every 30 minutes. Still gives me nightmares.

Gerrard

Arcane
This game was pure :prosper: right down to the enemy sprites being ripped from things like the WHFRPG rulebook.
I never finished it, getting stuck in one of the late levels running around for hours clearly missing some secret button or something, I clicked on every damn wall. Considering the quality it was probably a bug or some shit. :argh:

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
Ignore when general knowledge....this was made by car thiefs too. Great by the way!
8112-wizard-s-crown-dos-screenshot-the-beginning-screen-note-the.gif

8115-wizard-s-crown-dos-screenshot-tactical-combat-screen-note-the.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom