Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
the autism of the modder race truly knows no restraint

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
by whip and chain they need be restrained to the ideal of elegance and QoL improvements while keeping in line with core visions

Darth Canoli

Arcane
You guys ever play the Legends mod?

Seems fascinating so far.
Hasn't been updated for WOTN yet, but you can revert to B&E version of the game via Beta tab on steam (v. 1.2.x)
https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/60

Fascinating stuff. A lot of the things people were asking for, like passive stats/skills for your company (barter skill, movement on different terrain types on the world map, an actual camp with lots of functions you can assign brothers to, had different starts before BB itself did).
It has leader starts and special perk trees for the leaders.
Custom items. My crusader start guy has a custom 2h sword that can also do regular slashes (i.e. 2 per turn) in addition to the regular overhead swing, split and that 3-guy swipe.

Pretty cool so far. [...]

I tried it on expert with the full party (because i didn't want to play 6 times to try them all), Paladin, Barbarian, Ranger, Mage, Leader and i'm not sure about the last one (or was it just 5 ?)
Very good, i didn't expand the team too much for "balance" reasons.

The mage is the Gheist's sourge, the ranger is a real monster with the additional skills and they all add something.

My run ended when i faced 13 Unhold and were about to wipe them out when the game crashed (very tough and tactical fight)

Apparently, the dev team has a real plan for future updates.

Is there a way to buff against Hexen kiss? High resolve check, maybe? I had one battle against 3 of them plus some undead. Lost almost half my team and had to retreat 'cause they kept getting kiss-flipped.

2/3 archers with warbows or heavy crosbows and they're history, besides the charm gets dispelled when they die.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Apparently, the dev team has a real plan for future updates.

I sure hope so. This could really help keep the game alive in addition to the smaller additions the actual devs are making.

Mod team seems much larger than the real dev team, too :D

Nirvash

Liturgist
Legends is way better than the barbarian shit.

Low tier bros (say, miners, farmers) also get special weapon perks for pickaxes (+15 melee skill if they have one, another skill for +damage), dunno about higher tier guys yet. For those of you who frequently have cannon fodder/weaklings in your group.

Shield maiden (rare fermale recruit from snow settlements) get +10mdef shield perk.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First time I get attacked by brigands disguised as direwolves:

fU9STDm.png

EDIT: they drop direwolf-upgraded armors, how nice!

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I remember when the football boys ran into these guys. THEN THEY DIED DAYS LATER IN A HORRIBLE AMBUSH!

For their name alone, they deserved their fate!

It had to be said ... ;)

Meanwhile, The Celts have 2 casualties to report, one scoundrel i rescued and had killed a couple of battles later and a good sellsword axeman (51 days, 54 battles), turns out that guy was more expensive than the starting barbarians, good riddance!
Also, the flag bearer, the monk, got brain damaged ... Which boosts his resolve ... :positive:

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
love the rp value of building up an alliance with one town for the entire game and then when they start getting ambushed roads I intentionally avoid helping them so I get like 10-20% better prices

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got to kill the barbarian king, but I think I was incredible lucky. It was a two skull contract and his party consisted of himself, 2 drummers and 20 thralls(sex slaves?). My lone wolf cut through the thralls like he was harvesting wheat, and of course the 11 man entourage did their job too :) The king was a mean mother though, almost two shotted my lone wolf, but with some more luck he managed to dodge a fatal blow and eventually killed the king. Didn't get any cool loot though, but was a fun battle nonetheless.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
My problem so far is that I am constantly thinking of subsequent playthroughs before I have even "finished" the current one. I just keep seeing aspects that I could have improved upon or made more efficient, such as trading, bro builds, recruit strategy, etc.

I recruited a monk, so that I could prevent my Hedge Knights from killing one another in a scripted event. Now I can safely field multiple Hedge Knights. Given the Lone Wolf Roster restriction, Hedge Knights and Squires appear to be good investments, albeit expensive. I do not know if it was bad luck or bad stats, but every frontline bro that was not a Hedge Knight or Squire died.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Well my first impressions after not having played since release are quite positive. The new DLC have added some interesting content and make the game feel more fleshed out.

The issues that the game has always had are still there, but overall it feels freshened up and I am having fun. Looking forward to trying out some of the alternate starts, especially Lone Wolf and Cultists.

Murk

Arcane
Is it just me or do armored unholds have less resolve than regular ones?
bz-5ce2bdf70be09.png

I think while they are allied to the barbarians, that they are more at risk for resolve breaks because killing the barbarians affects them too (tho if you feed a ton of dogs to the enemy, for example, they'll be more likely to morale-up as well since their teammates are doing the killing). Then, if you break them free, they're basically alone versus 2 hostile enemy groups.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another little patch today:
Changelog for 1.3.0.17
  • Changed barbarian named armor and helmet base stats to be based on regular items, and no longer the heavier barbarian items, as to make for named loot of higher quality. Only applies to items generated after this update.
  • Fixed named Khopesh not working with Double Grip.
  • Fixed main menu components getting in the way of buttons with very low resolutions.
  • Fixed tooltip of opponents sometimes incorrectly displaying "Turn done" when in fact that opponent is merely waiting to act again later this turn.
  • Fixed issue with barbarian AI getting stuck under specific circumstances.
  • Fixed potentially incorrect button labels with 'Cultists' origin sacrifice event.
  • Fixed Antidote item not curing all stacks of poison.
  • Fixed various minor issues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom