Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Payd Shell

Arcane
Finished my peasant militia campaign, day 140 or so after beating the greenskin invasion as the first crisis. I kinda wanted to keep playing after the first crisis, but the seed was shit and leveling people when you have 16 of them is a slog. Didn't fight the barbarians that much, but a reaver with a 2h mace almost oneshottet a lvl 9 bro. Didn't have the heaviest armor, so I think that was okay. Still, they do on average more damage than an orc warrior, probably on par with orc zerkers. Most cities where in the south, which made travelling to the north quite a hassle, because there were only 3 castles there and two villages which where located so far away from everything else I just went there once for the ambition to visit every location. 3 harbors all in the south, but one wasn't connected to any other location because the map cut off directly below it.

I have to say, I don't like how the maps are generated. You can have a good one, an easy one even, but sometimes the maps just suck major ass. I don't necessarily want a map that throws everything your way, but it would be nice if the distribution of villages/towns/castles/citadels was a bit more even. Some maps are even outright unplayable with certain starts, if you play the barbarian start for example but the southern most faction only has one castle, you can reroll your map as soon as you start. I also don't like how recruiting works, too many people with nonsensical talent stars. I think I might use the try out mod for the next run. It makes things easier, yes, but the hassle of hiring and firing 10 guys to find a decent one is just annoying tbh. Not to mention they leave their shitty gear in your inventory, cluttering everything up. And if it's an expensive recruit that has shit stars, well, enjoy your several thousand crowns down the drain. It really doesn't add anything besides the need to gather more money so you can pull the lever on the slot machine again. I'd also like if poisons and other consumables would be purchasable, that would allow for some more builds I think. Crafting spider poison isn't that viable, because they didn't drop that shit for me, spider silk all day every day. This makes the poison so rare you don't actually use it at all. I think the devs need to sit down and understand that RNG isn't the solution for every single aspect of the game.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Is there any purpose in killing donkeys when you're raiding caravans, since the game lists them as enemies?
No there isn't
Yes there is. I once failed a 'go kill that caravan from a rival noble house and leave no one alive' mission because I hadn't killed the donkey and the noble quest giver concluded that this donkey was going to tell everyone what happened.:negative:

It was a while ago though, so it might not be the case anymore.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any purpose in killing donkeys when you're raiding caravans, since the game lists them as enemies?
No there isn't
Yes there is. I once failed a 'go kill that caravan from a rival noble house and leave no one alive' mission because I hadn't killed the donkey and the noble quest giver concluded that this donkey was going to tell everyone what happened.:negative:

Sorry as I added later, if you elect to kill all "runners" you gotta kill the donkeys too indeed

Wintermute

Augur
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Actually, if you elect to kill runners, you can hit the white flag at any point afterward and it won't retreat, it will just end the encounter.

If the quest says no survivors, donkeys gotta die.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

How long ago was it?
It used to be the case that you needed to kill the donkeys, but it was patched out after people complained about it.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
You also get the strange meat drop from donkeys iirc. So if you're in dire need of some food, there you go.
I used to be so paranoid that my guys would get sick or something that I never looted strange meat/always threw it away... Even when low on food in the wilderness.
Still don't ever use it, and with Legends mod you can hunt, thankfully.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Same here, and i think it can (could?) decrease the troops morale so i never loot it, i wish you had an auto-loot option/button that excludes strange meat or filter low value loot.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Poison doesn't seem to affect donkeys, probably because poison damage gets resolved at the end o units turn and donkeys never have turns.
247.gif

Payd Shell

Arcane
You also get the strange meat drop from donkeys iirc. So if you're in dire need of some food, there you go.
I used to be so paranoid that my guys would get sick or something that I never looted strange meat/always threw it away... Even when low on food in the wilderness.
Still don't ever use it, and with Legends mod you can hunt, thankfully.
Strange meat is just a catch all term for unprocessed, raw meat I think. Probably pulped beyond recognition. You get it from direwolves, too. The obvious downside is that it spoils extremely fast, but still, no reason to not take it along when you find it, your bros eat the stuff that's fastest to spoil first anyways.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
So I hired a beggar just to have 1 more guy for an alp quest
DU2Y67T.jpg
These reworked alps are less annoying than the first version but I still don't like them.

I also don't like how recruiting works, too many people with nonsensical talent stars. I think I might use the try out mod for the next run.
Same. Showing talents at try out should be a standard feature, I never use try outs now, there is just no point.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Actually after playing for a while with the try out mod for the stars, I found it a bit too "cheaty". Basically you'd never get anyone before trying out and you'd never have to fight with kinda crappy guys against odds etc

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am finally forming a serious looking band of mean mercs. Got my first Cuman smiling helmet. I've always wanted to get some of those, I find them the most intimidating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom