Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm judging based on the designs shown so far, if you want an NPC design you can see the woman in the trailer. It doesn't look too good either.

432263_w926.jpg
Have they revealed anything about this chick? Name, clan, generation, purpose in the story, anything?
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
> 2016 guy talking about newfags like he isn't one. Get 1k posts at least before you start even breaching the subject.
I got the Prestigious tag after 3 years and 800 posts. Meanwhile you only have a Russian Spy tag after 5 years and 4k posts. Settle down.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Greedy Paradox:

Supergiant isn't the only developer having issues with Epic's sale. Another major game, Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 was available with the $10 discount for a short while, before being delisted. "Paradox Interactive has chosen to not participate in the Epic Mega Sale and the game has been temporarily removed from sale," an Epic representative told PC Gamer. It does plan to honor purchases made during the short period the game was on sale, however. Paradox separately confirmed to PC Gamer the game will return to the storefront after the sale is over. Other games not currently available on the store include Klei Entertainment's Oxygen Not Included and Borderlands 3.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...pers-to-raise-prices-temporarily-delist-games

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm judging based on the designs shown so far, if you want an NPC design you can see the woman in the trailer. It doesn't look too good either.

432263_w926.jpg
Have they revealed anything about this chick? Name, clan, generation, purpose in the story, anything?

From the looks of it, she might be the Ventrue or Torey primogen.

She's a Toreador. Look closely at the room she's in. It's the same one from the Toreador image on the official website: https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/toreador

The Ventrue is this guy, whose office is also among the images on the website: https://youtu.be/SYvWfDxhm_s?t=71

Vincente

Arbiter

432263_w926.jpg

From the looks of it, she might be the Ventrue or Torey primogen.

She's a Toreador. Look closely at the room she's in. It's the same one from the Toreador image on the official website: https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/toreador

The Ventrue is this guy, whose office is also among the images on the website: https://youtu.be/SYvWfDxhm_s?t=71

I believe that's Prince Cross, no?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited by a moderator:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just my two whispers:
1. If they have Malkavians as a starting clan, how much work would they have to put in? Rewriting dialogue, NPCs reactions, whispers, maybe add some hallucinations here and there.
2. If they have Nosferatu as a starting clan however, they would simply have to enforce a certain playstyles: hiding, traveling through the sewers, not making contact with NPCS as that would be a masquerade violation etc.
It seems to me that, Nos would be much easier to implement than Malks, the amount of work would be normal or minimal compared with the other clans. So I think that Nos may be one of the clans and Malks would be DLC. As long as we get both though that's all that matters.
I agree with your conclusions but not how you got there. Seems like Nosferatu gameplay would be much harder to spackle on later. If Nosferatu are going to be at all viable ever, getting around via the sewers for example has to be implemented on release day. Being able to do the main quest without showing your face in public has to be implemented on release day. You can't throw it in later as a DLC without a full blown expansion. With Malk stuff you can throw it in later as kooky extra dialogue, a special encounter here and there perhaps, unlikely though that there will be gameplay fundamentally different from mainline vamps.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Being able to do the main quest without showing your face in public has to be there from the beginning.
As a thinblood, you wouldn't look particularly ugly.
When you become a real nosferatu, they can just give you "Mask of thousand faces" and make it super cheap for gamification reasons. Solved.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Just my two whispers:
1. If they have Malkavians as a starting clan, how much work would they have to put in? Rewriting dialogue, NPCs reactions, whispers, maybe add some hallucinations here and there.
2. If they have Nosferatu as a starting clan however, they would simply have to enforce a certain playstyles: hiding, traveling through the sewers, not making contact with NPCS as that would be a masquerade violation etc.
It seems to me that, Nos would be much easier to implement than Malks, the amount of work would be normal or minimal compared with the other clans. So I think that Nos may be one of the clans and Malks would be DLC. As long as we get both though that's all that matters.
I agree with your conclusions but not how you got there. Seems like Nosferatu gameplay would be much harder to spackle on later. If Nosferatu are going to be at all viable ever, getting around via the sewers for example has to be implemented on release day. Being able to do the main quest without showing your face in public has to be implemented on release day. You can't throw it in later as a DLC without a full blown expansion. With Malk stuff you can throw it in later as kooky extra dialogue, a special encounter here and there perhaps, unlikely though that there will be gameplay fundamentally different from mainline vamps.
They want to make it immersive sim like, which means that level design and the verticality they spoke about will allow us to complete the game and probably, most quests, in multiple ways. I still think there's going to be sewers available at launch. They know the Nos playstyle.
Anyway all this is just speculation. Hell, they may not introduce any of them. That'd be something.
How many clans are left to reveal? One, two? Haven't checked their website yet.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Technically two as far as I understand, but it might as well be one since Ventrue is 100% likely to be there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another reason to believe the sixth clan is Nosferatu - the appearance of a Nosferatu in the announcement trailer (the hooded dude being chased)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Technically two as far as I understand, but it might as well be one since Ventrue is 100% likely to be there.
Which is stupid. Malkavians are the one standout clan from Bloodlines that is mentioned over and over by players for years. Making Bloodlines 2 without Malkavians is stupid. Better to cut out Ventrue and give us Malkavians and Nosferatu.

Prime Junta

They could make Ventrue the antagonists. Would fit the woke anti-corporate agenda.

Doubt they'll have the gonads though.

JBro

Arbiter
Making Bloodlines 2 without Malkavians is stupid. Better to cut out Ventrue and give us Malkavians and Nosferatu.

Malks as DLC because fuck you, you'll buy it.

Thanks, Paradox.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom