Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Namutree

Savant
Those guys were easy once you realize some races deal better damage unarmed than with the basic weapons.
Didn't realize that. Cool.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Those guys were easy once you realize some races deal better damage unarmed than with the basic weapons.

I always liked the idea of ... you wake up in a forest with a wooden sword. A classic start to an RPG. Can you assume that wooden sword is a great weapon? What if starting out, you discover that using your natural combat weapons are better until you get something better than the complementary stick? Leave it to the player to discover they can spit acid in the beginning at level one, why fight with a puny wooden sword?

Namutree

Savant
If I keep getting cool surprises like this, and keep having fun, I'll give the game a positive steam review it'll deserve once I've either beaten it or put in 30 or more hours.

Namutree

Savant
Kinda wish walking around didn't drain stamina so quickly. I dunno if this is only an issue for low level characters, but it feels weird having to sleep after every short bit of walking.

Having a good time overall still.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Kinda wish walking around didn't drain stamina so quickly. I dunno if this is only an issue for low level characters, but it feels weird having to sleep after every short bit of walking.

Having a good time overall still.

The time between resting gets longer if you allocate points into stamina.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I always liked the idea of ... you wake up in a forest with a wooden sword. A classic start to an RPG. Can you assume that wooden sword is a great weapon? What if starting out, you discover that using your natural combat weapons are better until you get something better than the complementary stick? Leave it to the player to discover they can spit acid in the beginning at level one, why fight with a puny wooden sword?

Apparently you are not the only one

thewolverine14.jpg

Who needs a Thief with picklocks skill?

Puff-Adder-Marvel-Comics-Serpent-Society-e.jpg

Rat!!!

2821039-fly_venom_5_acid_spit.jpg

seems like over kill for one rat..
The red head is more afraid of one measly rodent than that winged creature vomiting on the rodent..wait until she sees him feeding..

Namutree

Savant
I didn't understand how class changing worked when I was playing before, so I made a new party and started a new game. It's all so much easier now. I got my team to level 4 without having to reload or really have any problems.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam:
have played roughly 12 hours and loving it, only noticed one bug so far: when you go to merge a stack of items with another of the same kind, sometimes the total stack after combined will be smaller.
for example i had 7 'cadacus of life' which i merged with another 4 and afterwards, the total was 2

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 27 May @ 3:20pm
Fix for this on next update

GandGolf

Augur
Steam:
have played roughly 12 hours and loving it, only noticed one bug so far: when you go to merge a stack of items with another of the same kind, sometimes the total stack after combined will be smaller.
for example i had 7 'cadacus of life' which i merged with another 4 and afterwards, the total was 2

What do you want to bet nobody ever hires Cleve for a contract more than once? It wouldn't surprise if he has to work under multiple aliases because of how shoddy his programming skills are.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Steam:

What do you want to bet nobody ever hires Cleve for a contract more than once? It wouldn't surprise if he has to work under multiple aliases because of how shoddy his programming skills are.

You know what you should do, GandGolf? You should write your own Wizardry clone, without any bugs in it. Let me know when it is up on Steam. I can't wait to see it. I imagine a guy like you is great at nearly everything, despite having to wait two years to be able to afford Grimoire. Assuming you bought it. Which is highly unlikely.

Efe

Erudite
was it fun writing your own wizardry?
opening grimoire always tempts me to do that but then i get discouraged remembering how long it took :(

Gunnar

Arbiter
Getting insulted by Cleve is such a traumatic experience that the victims become permanently assblasted and follow him around for the rest of their lives like zombies, moaning about it and compulsively shit rating. There should be something like an old folks home or leper colony where they can go to retire without being a burden to the rest of society.

Cael

Arcane
Getting insulted by Cleve is such a traumatic experience that the victims become permanently assblasted and follow him around for the rest of their lives like zombies, moaning about it and compulsively shit rating. There should be something like an old folks home or leper colony where they can go to retire without being a burden to the rest of society.
It is called Tasmania ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom