Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its an addition to the campaign featuring werewolves and most likely the addition of gangrel as a playable clan.

Seriously? So to play as a gangrel I should buy DLC? To hell with that.

:mob:

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
I hope this disposable gun thing makes it like a John Woo movie. Do they have triads in Seattle?

958186d8a6ea02c1_0.jpg

zool

Arcane
Forget Bloodlines 2 for a while and reinstall Bloodlines now.

Clan Quest Mod 4.1 Released

A new version of Clan Quest Mod is now available which includes content from the Unofficial Patch as well as a ton of bug fixes for CQM 4.0.

Posted by burgermeister01 on May 23rd, 2019

The next edition of Clan Quest Mod is now available for download, and with all the renewed enthusiasm for the game since the announcement of Bloodlines 2 coming next year, there's never been better time to replay this classic with CQM. Since the release of version 4.0, which includes an entirely new story line and ending allowing you to side with the Sabbat, we've been listening to issues and bug reports and steadily working on a better version of the mod. Version 4.1 of the mod includes an abundance of fixes for a number of issues, critical and non-critical. Additionally, some of the most choice elements from the newest version of the Unofficial Patch have been integrated into CQM, most notably the new maps that were made as part of the UP and the newest version of the library quest which takes the players through a number of those new locations. CQM 4.1 also includes v1.0 of the X20 mod which makes a number of graphical enhancements and easter eggs involving other parts of the world of darkness.

Version 4.1 of Clan Quest Mod includes all the great content available in previous versions of the mod including:

• An entirely new story line for Bloodlines featuring a new hub and a whole new cast of fully voiced NPCs. The story focuses around the the city's Sabbat population and gives the player the option to abandon the Camarilla to join up with the Sword of Caine instead!
  • 3 possible new endings
  • A new humanity system that's more reflective of the pen and paper system, and with greater consequence
  • The ability to diablerize other select kindred
  • 10 new quests, seven of which are only available the respective clan of your player
  • An optional achievement system
  • Easter eggs
  • Full integration with Unofficial Patch (v 9.2), installed easily and automatically
  • Limited integration with other mods including Arsenal Mod, Camarilla Edition, X20 Mod, and Comp Mod, all available directly through the CQM's installer
The full changelog is available on the download page.

Thanks to all that fans that have kept Bloodlines, and this mod, alive for so many great years!

Vincente

Arbiter
reinstall Bloodlines now.

As if I ever uninstalled it. :smug: Played CQM couple of months back as a power-hungry Sabbat Toreador Antitribu diablerist, by the time I reached Venture Tower I had 10(+4) Melee and 10 Unarmed with 4 points in Potence and 4 points in Celerity.

After digging up my screenshot folder, I even found the sheet I had.

746C3F99EFDF6640F8B4B6102ABF33000CBE3A5B

Last edited:

Herumor

Scholar

Speaking of mods for Bloodlines, how is that Antitribu mod? Worth playing or not? I'm only asking about it because they let you play as a Lasombra.

CQM seems interesting enough on its own, but ultimately, it's just the same old clans that Bloodlines comes with, so I have no real incentive in playing it.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Speaking of mods for Bloodlines, how is that Antitribu mod? Worth playing or not? I'm only asking about it because they let you play as a Lasombra.

It's... something else. Adds tons of combat left, right and centre. Plus they had the bright idea to turn Grout's wife into a bossfight, so there you go...

Gameplay's fun though, and the powers are really, really well implemented. Had tons of fun fleshcrafting my way through LA.

Vibalist

Arcane
How is the balance of the game affected by all those mods? QCM adds a ton of content I take it, does it downscale the amount of XP you get for each quest in return?

IIRC, the plus patch already makes your character overpowered as shit, and I kinda dislike that.

Cael

Arcane
Throwing your gun away is the stupidest fucking shit ever.

I talked with Florian about this and suggested that you'd only throw an empty gun away when picking up another with ammo.
That's stupid beyond words.
The original was so stupid that this was made to look reasonable. Think on that for a second, and think on what this means for how the game would actually turn out to be...

Prime Junta

I talked with Florian about this and suggested that you'd only throw an empty gun away when picking up another with ammo.
The original was so stupid that this was made to look reasonable. Think on that for a second, and think on what this means for how the game would actually turn out to be...

If Cael hates this so much it can't be all bad. I'm starting to warm to the game.

Wesp5

Arcane

Are you also an Alpha tester Wesp, or are there some NDA's you can't talk about?

I'm not an Alpha tester, but I would like to become a beta tester once the game is that far, because we don't need another decade of patches ;).

Cael

Arcane

If Cael hates this so much it can't be all bad. I'm starting to warm to the game.
As if there was ever any doubt that you will love anything coming from a leftard sjw riddled whorehouse, prime cunta.

Wesp5

Arcane

I think it would be at least better than throwing a gun away without replacement. Imagine your Desert Eagle ammo runs out during a mission, so you just keep it and fight on with your shotgun or whatever. After the fight you buy new ammo and you are fine for the next quest. In their current version, you might throw it away in the middle of some combat zone and would then have to buy a new one latter, which indeed would be stupid! Notice that the girl in the background called the system frustrating right now, so I hope they will change it in some way until the game is out...

vota DC

Augur
Since only 2 power instead of 3 they can do all clans without fear of repeat:
Tremere blood magic
Ventrue dominate (tremere lack it)
Toreador presence (bruja lack it)
Bruja potency
Gangrel protean (+ fortitude or animalism)
Nosferatu obfuscate (+ animalism)
Malkavian dementation (+ auspex)

passerby

Arcane
In their current version, you might throw it away in the middle of some combat zone and would then have to buy a new one latter, which indeed would be stupid!

The fact that they even came up with such idiocy doesn't inspire confidence in the whole product.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's obvious to me that the point of this is that they don't want people to approach this game as a "shooter". Weapons are temporary, disposable, situational tools. You probably don't get to buy them and you don't find ammo either.

Think of Dishonored, where your only firearm is a pistol with little ammo, because shooting isn't the point of the game. This is taking that one step further.

Cael

Arcane
In their current version, you might throw it away in the middle of some combat zone and would then have to buy a new one latter, which indeed would be stupid!

The fact that they even came up with such idiocy doesn't inspire confidence in the whole product.
Ah, but prime cunta loves it because someone he lost an argument with hates it. I think we might have crossed over to Cael Derangement Syndrome with some of our posters ;)

passerby

Arcane
The point of this is "streamlining" gameplay. If nothing else your character throwing away weapons without your control is immersion breaking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom