Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Wild Slop

Arcane
I cracked open some Override Doors. Testing so far seems to indicate that a certain sequence is what's needed ( as suspected ). Behind the door(s) is a purple locker (not special enough to be a new scan) that spits out a Captura Scene. Something kinda cool in the one in that Molten room with Stairs was a view to a Amalgam lab. I found it best to mostly stay in Operator form to zip to each of the 4 buttons.

* I just found a room that only had 3 buttons.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
The lighting on the new tileset looks goddamn awful, contrast out the ass, it's like I have color correction always on.

Wild Slop

Arcane
* Cleaning up some confusion as I make the best of what I can...

Once in a Overridden Door room you'll see a 2nd door that peers into a lab. This door can be opened by zapping it while in Operator mode. In the lab you will fight lab techs, Amalgams and a Sentient. Yippie! There will be a 2nd locker for good measure.

Last edited:

Wild Slop

Arcane
You'll get a Nekros Prime for watching 1/2 hr of the (main event) Twitch Stream which starts at 6 PM ET if you have your accounts linked.

Also if you watch 1/2 hr at any point during the all day long stream today you'll get an Ephemera. The all day stream starts at 11 AM ET ( less than an 1hr from now).

Lotus
Your Warframe leaves a trail of fragrant petals in its wake.

Obtained via Twitch/Mixer drop from watching any mainstage panel for 30 minutes during TennoCon 2019 – watching the TennoLive stream does not fulfill the requirement.

I thought it would count. Rip ephemera. At least I already got the Nekros token that they said could take days to deliver.

iu

Wild Slop

Arcane
The 'mainstage' was from the same stream page but before the Main event. Confused? You poor poor men.

I missed out on adding that word "before" in my earlier post, I think that would have helped send it home. I had heard about it and was unsure about it too till this morning.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus, the first 25 minutes was motherfucking nothing and that trailer was so awful, nice to see DE shattering their own lore to pieces again. Ivara deluxe looks like shit on a wall and so did that Excalibur skin. The railjack stuff looked neat, but it looks like it might end up being the biggest timesink yet per mission. Also nice to see DE punishing all those loathsome lone wolves.

Gerrard

Arcane
Sending some furry autist into space and a new intro CGI, money well fucking spent. I'm glad I stopped buying plat years ago.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Broadcast on steam is stuck on permaloading screen for most (all?) people. I'm just leaving it open while I watch it on twitch.
It wouldn't have occurred to me to watch a broadcast on Steam. But when you mentioned it I thought I might leave one running too..... it resulted in me getting 2 Nekros Primes. :cheers:

Since I already had Nerkos that equals 2 free Frame slots.

The warframe ad on steam specifically mentioned "watch it on steam to get a nekros prime", so I thought it was a steam exclusive reward. I just opened twitch to actually see the stream. :M

However between twitch chat being spammed with !necrosprime and steam chat being spammed with !claim, I'm not sure if the brain cell loss was worth it

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So I picked this up again recently and am just kinda casually fucking around, and I've realized that since I hadn't played in a billion years, and when I did I didn't do many void fissures anyways, I've got a pile of 50 relics sitting around, and a lot (Maybe more than half? It's hard to keep track without checking every one) are vaulted, and I've no idea which ones are worth selling, or even if I crack them open which part of it is vaulted and worth taking, or if I should make them radiant because the rare part is the vaulted one. Anyone still playing this have a good solution here? Is there an easy way to sell them all and get a fair return? The list of vaulted things is a billion items long and even if I did memorize it or something, I don't know which ones I could even potentially make with the relic I have, and I wouldn't want to make like 3/4 of a vaulted item and then be fucked.

Everytime I get into a rhythm with Warframe and start having fun it plonks down a RNG blocker of some kind. I'd be fine with it if it was just reasonable grind but whenever I need to get the gateway things to progress I always need some kind of material or some kind of loot drop. It's so blatantly obvious that the aggressively tedious grind is there to encourage you to spend money. Which is why I hate when the shills for Warframe say the game is the "fairest" free to play game. It's not. Free to play games are inherently anti-consumer. I'd rather pay £50 full retail price and get a cosmetics store. With nothing locked behind bullshit RNG.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I haven't felt like I actually *needed* to spend cash on Warframe in years. Literally the only thing there is just getting enough slots for all your favorite stuff and its latest versions.

In terms of materials and RNG, materials become a non-issue once you start hitting critical mass of progression, where you're always in the green and it just keeps piling up. In terms of RNG, well with relics it's all down to bruteforcing and those are not even an issue. Something like enemy drops will take a longer time, but the only drop I've felt I really just had to dig into my plat stack for was Hate (Stalker's drop) because you can't just overwhelm the RNG. Every other time it's been nothing but laziness.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The problem of Warframe isn't the grind because you can eventually get everything you need on a decent enough speed even without paying, the problem is the lack of content and recycling of content, seen the trailer of the railjack and honestly, it feels like another mechanic they are adding that will feel tacked on like the archwing is since release, eventually farming the same enemies on the same maps get boring as fuck and the content they are dropping isn't nowhere enough to keep things going.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Everytime I get into a rhythm with Warframe and start having fun it plonks down a RNG blocker of some kind. I'd be fine with it if it was just reasonable grind but whenever I need to get the gateway things to progress I always need some kind of material or some kind of loot drop. It's so blatantly obvious that the aggressively tedious grind is there to encourage you to spend money. Which is why I hate when the shills for Warframe say the game is the "fairest" free to play game. It's not. Free to play games are inherently anti-consumer. I'd rather pay £50 full retail price and get a cosmetics store. With nothing locked behind bullshit RNG.
Okay, well, here's the thing. Warframe is like a game under constant development. I remember at first launch it was barebones, definitely a grind, dropped it. Came back to it many years later, a lot more content more mechanics polished etc.

So Warframe is a bit weird in that you have to set aside your previous impressions of the game if you left and came back lol. What used to be a grind may not be so much a grind now. While the RNG is still there, the trading system is well done so you can make platinum, simply selling mods, or what dupes you get, or whatnot. And then you can trade that platinum for someone who probably has the part you need.

In essence, you're taking advantage of players that throw money into the game... Because things everybody wants are RNG for the entire population. Sure, you can buy weapons and buy warframes, but you can only trade Prime parts. Which are RNG drops. For everyone. Which is very.. surreal. Now, of course this means time spent trading. Luckily, the player community is pretty damn proactive and there are multiple sites where you can just list what you want to sell for how much and all a buyer needs to do is copy&paste the /t Would like to buy XXX from Warframe.Market for YYY.

Warframe is a weird game that's always in development process (and not in the manner of separate expansions). So you kinda have to get a new impression every time. Like I said, I dropped that shit like it was hot when it first came out, how many years ago. They're working on a new melee system, actually; If you've played Space Marine, the concept of its smooth-switch between melee and ranged is mostly implemented.

Almost all F2P games are not exactly "free," of course. But, as always, there are exceptions (or rather, almost any genre/society/entitty is 99.9% shit with 0.1% outliers).

Marvel Heroes Online was a brilliant F2P diablo-like. All ~50 characters had unique mechanics and talent trees. There was ingame currency drops that you could use to buy characters, aka free. And they'd throw massive sales IRL so you could grab a character for like a few dollars. Or a costume. Indeed, there was no in-game benefits from paying $$ besides temporary xp buff or whatever.

And then it imploded because of change in management, the new people wanting to "consolize" it. Someone else can detail the specifics, but Marvel Heroes Online literally went Offline immediately after that rearrangement. Very sad.

Gerrard

Arcane
The problem of Warframe isn't the grind because you can eventually get everything you need on a decent enough speed even without paying, the problem is the lack of content and recycling of content, seen the trailer of the railjack and honestly, it feels like another mechanic they are adding that will feel tacked on like the archwing is since release, eventually farming the same enemies on the same maps get boring as fuck and the content they are dropping isn't nowhere enough to keep things going.
It's okay tough because the sheeple just eat it up. Remember when they were reworking melee? That was over a year ago. A fucking YEAR and this shit is still not implemented.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Like I said to the above, it actually is adding content - the problem being that at "launch" it was barebones as fuck. They just added Arbitrations, Disruption mode, weekly campaigns, multiple warframes this year and two (or three?) of them came in conjunction with their flavor weapons and with a new free-roam area in Venus (basically Plains, Corpus version, and also includes modular secondary weapons similar to PoE's Zaws). They're planning on changing a lot of combos (so less pause/hold/bullshit), and the Wukong rework's Iron Staff stance has been conveyed as a preview of what comes next. I think they're reworking or removing Channeling. Essentially they're making another melee revision (3.0. And they've given us Melee 2.9 to beta lol).

TBH I haven't even looked at Railjack. I'm more interested in the Melee rework. I have a feeling they just gave up on the Archwing missions, moved on to other content and mechanics instead, and maybe they think Railjack will provide new opportunity for (not-clunky) Archwing gameplay.

I personally almost treat new warframes, weapons, mods as content because I enjoy shooters and I also enjoy creating/tweaking builds. I guess I view it like an action-rpg. I still have yet to be good at parkour mechanics (that is, wall running and latching and shit. I'm still bullet-jumping everywhere), my aim-glide sniping is decent but could be better, my combo execution could be a lot better. But obviously this is subjective - I imagine the game's not as fun if you're not much of a shooter and/or hack&slash gamer.

Toroid drop rates suck though.

Moreover, no game is really going to constantly put in significant content without paid expansions. That's just business. Even GW2, while free to play, requires paid expansions if you want to play the new class as well as new specializations. F2P games (real ones, not microtransaction2play) have a lot less resources, less source of funding. In fact, that may be the reason that Marvel Heroes and Warframe have concentrated a lot more on new/reworking mechanics than modeling, texturing new content.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind Warframe and Marvel Heroes Online trading places in some metaphysical manner.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
It's okay tough because the sheeple just eat it up. Remember when they were reworking melee? That was over a year ago. A fucking YEAR and this shit is still not implemented.
What. 90% of it is implemented now. "Melee 2.9" lol. People crying about not being able to quick-attack. I think only Channeling and Stances/combos are to be worked on, and with the Wukong rework they have the basis of how stance combos will be redone.

Besides, reworking melee has been being done simultaneously with adding Fortuna, kitguns, Moa companions, Warframes, weapons, arbies, disruptions. Oh, and Railjack. And rivens (archgun and now companion weapon). New index map. And a lot of debugging (or they're savants) because that's a load of shit and I have more annoyances with being stuck with DSL.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom