Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm IN, beta invite came. Holy fuck.

Gregz

Arcane
Not going to rush to 60 or anything, take my time to level professions and stuff. I know a bunch of people who will be rolling characters on launch so it will be fun to get in on the ground floor at the start of vanilla.

Are they planning to incorporate the expansions later? If so, is there a schedule/roadmap?

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Are they playing to incorporate the expansions later? If so, is there a schedule/roadmap?

There's been mixed things. Not all the raids will be out at launch, some will be patched in later. As for expansions, Blizz has only said that if vanilla is successful they're open to exploring servers for BC and beyond. There's no actual plans for their release yet, if it happens at all. For now it's just vanilla.

Personally, if they do start doing servers for the expansions, I hope they allow the possibility to keep playing on vanilla with no changes, and not be forced to play the new content like when they were released originally. The whole thing is kinda pointless if we end up in Cata or whatever.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I hate streamers. They should be banned from playing vanilla WoW. They'll just ruin it with their armies of sycophants. Anyway I'll be playing a Horde rogue on launch. Not going to rush to 60 or anything, take my time to level professions and stuff. I know a bunch of people who will be rolling characters on launch so it will be fun to get in on the ground floor at the start of vanilla.
This is the biggest reason why Classic WoW won't be classic WoW = far more derp-tards playing vidya games than there were back in 2004 and their mindsets are entirely different. I will almost certainly check out Classic at some point but won't bother investing a lot of time into it.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
nJ4o3g7.jpg

The GMs put Hoggers guarding the zeppelin and starting zones. :argh:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not surprised; they probably want you stress testing the starting zones, not going off on an adventure.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Max level is 5.

Played for 14 hours today and learned how to appreciate low levels. I usually just rush past them, and now I learned that I shouldn't. I leveled up fishing and cooking in tandem and found it relaxing and it should help during leveling. Leveled up 2 main professions and found it useful for my class. From now on, this is how I'll always do it.

Visited the Gurubashi arena and realized that I should visit it every 3 hours when I start playing on classic retail, even if at level 5-10-etc. Because every 3 hours it drops something worth a lot of money for low level characters and it'll be very useful for professions.

Raided Elwynn Forest (as a horde player) for world pvp - and allies gathered a raid of their own, so we had 20vs20 battles. Then we raided Hogger for a couple hours, then I just hunted (I played a rogue) lonely alliance players that were red. Engineering came in handy to stun people with dynamite.

Then found all rares in Tirisfal Glades and gathered parties to kill them. By the end of the day, I had two best in slot items and it felt great. Destroyed everyone in duels.

Completed all quests I could. Killed probably 50+ ally players. Ran around and just visited places.

Was a ton of fun.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I had a blast. I randomly ran into someone I used to play with in the starting zone, we teamed up with some other people and raided Elwynn forest. Then we went to the caverns of time but it was closed, so we went home to Tirisfal.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Just jumped back and checked out the current WOW after seeing this. Jeez - this ... level scaled enemies everywhere, eh? What is the point of leveling if you just stay in the same zone?

So, did they announce the price for WOW Claissic yet? $60? There is no way they are going to give away anything, even if I already own it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
^ This, plus they're planning a general subscription that will encompass all their games at once. (except Diablo 4 probably)

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
^ This, plus they're planning a general subscription that will encompass all their games at once. (except Diablo 4 probably)
I jumped in and found myself at a level cap - there just isn't anything appealing about paying $15 a month and having to pay $59 or more to move on. If they have Classic, with the same talent trees and such, that would be worth checking out.

GreyViper

Prophet
Cant wait for bitching and moaning about Onyxia attunement quest or lvling up weapons skills. I am hoping that they would bring back the old Altarec Valley battleground.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If I recall right they made Onyxia attunement a lot easier by the 1.12 patch. All of the early raid content is going to be steamrolled.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Everything up to Naxx is going to be steamrolled unless they buff the raids, but I'm pretty sure they won't do that. Naxx is going to be as challenging as originally intended, but that also won't stop it from being steamrolled by the best guilds. Don't get me wrong, only the best guilds are going to be able to do everything day 1. It's a myth that players became better over the years, only the good became better. We had a Russian guild on Kronos struggling with Majordomo while AQ was already out for over a month. So yeah, if you want to relive your wiping nostalgia, don't join good guilds.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I wonder how long it will take for the first MC clear. I thought in the Warrior Deep Dive Tipsout video that Monkeynews or Tips said MC was cleared after like... week 2 on either Nostalrius or maybe Northdale, and that long only because it wasn't available until then.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It requires 2 weeks to get the essences needed to get to Ragnaros in the first place, that's why it takes so long.

Delterius

Arcane
Everything up to Naxx is going to be steamrolled unless they buff the raids, but I'm pretty sure they won't do that. Naxx is going to be as challenging as originally intended, but that also won't stop it from being steamrolled by the best guilds. Don't get me wrong, only the best guilds are going to be able to do everything day 1. It's a myth that players became better over the years, only the good became better. We had a Russian guild on Kronos struggling with Majordomo while AQ was already out for over a month. So yeah, if you want to relive your wiping nostalgia, don't join good guilds.
not gonna lie i haven't played wow since lich king, but don't we have addons that just tell you what to do nowadays

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom