Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So instead they focus on a launcher that don't even sell games?

I have said it before, but I think there would be a big market for repackaging games as physical products. I know I would love to buy some, and I know they can do it since the Witcher games came with a shit ton of extra stuff and still made a profit.

Their goal is to sell more shit and gain larger market share. DRM free ain't gonna get them there, because nobody cares. Their other options are cool new client features (hence this effort) or exclusive games. They didn't have the balls to make Witcher 3 exclusive, and I doubt they will with Cyberpunk either. They tried with that card game thing and quickly said "whoops" and put it on Steam.

How do you sell more shit when your launcher don't even have a store? The client features might be cool, but I'm not convinced anyone would actually make the switch just because of it. I have a feeling the people that buy games on Steam will continue doing so and use the Galaxy launcher for "free".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Telltale games going bye-bye: https://af.gog.com/forum/general/al...listed_from_the_catalogue/page1?as=1649904300

Sadly, we need to inform you that, due to company’s closure, all the remaining Telltale titles will be delisted from our catalog on Monday, May 27, 10am UTC.

The titles are as follows: the Wolf Among Us, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Hector: Badge of Carnage, the Batman series, Sam & Max series, Puzzle Agent series, Tales from the Borderlands, and Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People.

For everyone who purchased any of said titles prior to delisting, the games will remain in their GOG library.

2K Games are apparently working to keep Tales from the Borderlands in the stores though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How do you sell more shit when your launcher don't even have a store? The client features might be cool, but I'm not convinced anyone would actually make the switch just because of it. I have a feeling the people that buy games on Steam will continue doing so and use the Galaxy launcher for "free".

I would assume the new "2.0" update will change the client quite a bit, and I'm also assuming the plan is to get people using it and then they'll buy games there. Same reason Steamworks was offered free back in the day, same reason Epic is buying exclusives. Get people using it, sales hopefully follow.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Telltale games going bye-bye: https://af.gog.com/forum/general/al...listed_from_the_catalogue/page1?as=1649904300

Sadly, we need to inform you that, due to company’s closure, all the remaining Telltale titles will be delisted from our catalog on Monday, May 27, 10am UTC.

The titles are as follows: the Wolf Among Us, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Hector: Badge of Carnage, the Batman series, Sam & Max series, Puzzle Agent series, Tales from the Borderlands, and Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People.

For everyone who purchased any of said titles prior to delisting, the games will remain in their GOG library.

2K Games are apparently working to keep Tales from the Borderlands in the stores though.

Nothing of value was lost

Last edited by a moderator:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Puzzle Agent is actually not terrible. It's like those Professor Layton Nintendo games (it's for kids, not adults).

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
They were not particularly good but Telltale made commercial adventure games during a period nobody else did. Especially, I only played the first season but their Sam & Max games are alright as long as you don't start comparing them with Sam & Max : Hit the road.

The decline was when they switched to interactive movies, I think it was with The Walking Dead.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Fishing game looks fun, but only a couple of hours. After a few hours it would turn into the ultimate 'why did I just blow 10 bucks on another game I'll never play' simulator. Those get released all the time. 'Sides, I have a full pond in my backyard. I doubt there's any fish, but there may be a turtle or old boot or two I could snag.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Still no ETA on Wargroove? It's "coming soon" since its Steam release in February. Do they wait for GOG Galaxy 2.0 or something?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I like how they aligned the sale start with the date you usually get your pay in potato. If only I didn't already have all the good old games there and they didn't stop releasing more I might just appreciate their wit enough to buy something.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Site-wide summer sale and the only game I'm really interested in (Kenshi) is one of the 10 games not discounted. Well, time to rumble through the $5 bargain bin.

Ivan

Arcane
Note: GOG appears to have daily deals, like in the good old Steam days. Wait for a hot game to show up there before buying it outright. Waiting to do this with Thronebreaker

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It might be possible they are going to discount the games which are currently not discounted in these daily deals, so yeah, wait.

$15 Thronebreaker might finally do it for me. I will hold off in the event of a daily deal but since I don't check GoG super regularly it's highly likely I'd miss it anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom