Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

Duraframe300

Arcane
Just as well. No amount of DLC could get me interested in this game. Everything about it sounds like a mess, and all the DLC seems like a band-aid solution for releasing such a broken product.

Being that this was spearheaded by Tabata never helped either. Regardless of whether or not he salvaged anything; assuming that this is the case as I've heard different things regarding vXIII's development and its transition to XV that places the blame on SE's project management much more so than Nomura. Either way, the only game he's made that I have a soft spot for is 3rd Birthday and even that has its fair share of problems.

However, I do wish him luck. However mediocre his output has been there's always been some good potential underneath his games.

To be fair to Nomura between the release of Kingdom Hearts 2 and now the guy did direct (or co-directed) around 7 games and was heavely involved in even more titles. Thats way more òthan most other game designers can say.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I wonder if complete version will ever get released.
they cancelled all the other dlc and the director quit.
What happened?

Well, Tabata said that he was planning on leaving anyway after they finished up all the DLC, so when they cancelled it he just went ahead and left. But as to why they cancelled stuff that was already in production, who knows? They have not said anything about it, as far as I know. Maybe sales went down, or someone higher-up decided they could make more money working on an actual new game. But the actual reason has not been shared

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Play it for the promising first couple of hours, trudge through the disappointing next couple, then finally abandon it once you realize the game is all style and no substance.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Is this game even remotelly fun to play? I mean if my friend with the eyepatch and the parrot lends me the game should I bother to play it?
I enjoyed it. You've probably seen the webm of someone playing it with one hand, but the game itself isn't like that; it involves a lot of "warp striking" where you teleport around the battlefield hitting enemies, doing more damage the farther away they are. I highly recommend the semi-RTWP mode.

I can't guarantee that you'll like it, but you don't have much to lose by trying. Especially when it's a game that a lot of people have just decided to hate without giving it a fair chance, try it yourself and form your own opinion.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It is by no means challenging but it can be entertaining. If you don't enjoy the story, then don't play it.

Jinn

Arcane
I'd probably enjoy this even just for how novel it is. The idea of an RPG loosely focusing around a bro road-trip is appealing to me just because of how bizarre it sounds.

Waiting for a difficulty mod to come one day so I can have a thoroughly good time. That's got to be in the works, right? I was also kind of hoping for a straight up turn-based mod in the future too. And Night Goat, I agree about some of the silly hate this game gets. If it wasn't from what I've heard about the gameplay, I'd have definitely played this by now. Though, if it doesn't get some nice gameplay mods in the next couple of years, I'll probably play it anyway.

Last edited:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Game is now available on GamePass. The Ardyn DLC is included.

I'd probably enjoy this even just for how novel it is. The idea of an RPG loosely focusing around a bro road-trip is appealing to me just because of how bizarre it sounds.

I don't particulary like the game, but that's actually something I enjoyed about the game. Not many games that tackle a bro friendship and there are times when FFXV actually creates some good and atmospheric moments and dialog around it.

Of course thats hampered by Tabata's fetish of having things happen offscreen that really shouldn't happen offscreen and being bleak for the sake of it. You might have played it in the meantime of course.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't particulary like the game, but that's actually something I enjoyed about the game. Not many games that tackle a bro friendship and there are times when FFXV actually creates some good and atmospheric moments and dialog around it.

There is no bro friendship in FFXV. They are basically gay as fuck whole time and they act and behave like written by some woman thinks what bro friendship looks like.

They act like women in group.

edit: lol i was right, it was written by Saori Itamuro.

ediut: fuck it makes so much sense that i can't unsee it now. If they would do gender swap of whole main cast it would totally make a lot more sense and be more logical.

Falksi

Arcane
The only road trip which would make FF15 worth playing is one where they all have a head on collision with an arctic truck in the first 5 minutes.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Who da fuck is Saori Itamuro?

iu

:hmmm:

Duraframe300

Arcane
ediut: fuck it makes so much sense that i can't unsee it now. If they would do gender swap of whole main cast it would totally make a lot more sense and be more logical.

Absolutly fucking not.

No way in hell. If that was a group of 4 women they would have eaten each others faces off by chapter 3 including and not limited to endless bickering behind each others backs. It would also include at least 2 cliques and a lot of backstabbing.

So, what I'm saying is, yes its a watered down version of a bro friendship, no you absolutly couldn't just genderswap the group, because thats not how women interact with each other either

Perkel

Arcane
Except group splits and all behave like they betrayed each other lol.

Silverfish

Arbiter
There is no bro friendship in FFXV. They are basically gay as fuck whole time and they act and behave like written by some woman thinks what bro friendship looks like.

I've only put in a couple of hours, but so far the Ambiguously Gay Duo are more believable bros than these dudes.

Absinthe

Arcane

I've only put in a couple of hours, but so far the Ambiguously Gay Duo are more believable bros than these dudes.

Reminded me of this.

And just for contrast, here is the original concept, back when it was still called Final Fantasy Versus XIII:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom