Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

Sentinel

Arcane
From my experimentation with the beta, it's really just Nioh but refined. Some things I noticed is that enemies no longer respawn when you die and the Ki Pulse FX is a lot more visible. I like it a lot. Haven't finished the Alpha yet though.

sullynathan

Arcane
They took out the dual swords? Bad move.

Character creation. I'm interested, that must mean voiced protag is out

Everything is the same minus the skill menu. I'll likely run through the alpha once and just return to the first game.

Sentinel

Arcane
Not all weapons are in yet, and the skill trees for the weapons that are in are still incomplete.

sullynathan

Arcane
The maps are a lot larger and I like the coop.

I really didn't like the first boss though. Seemed like I was slow as shit and only chip damage with two other guys

Sentinel

Arcane
I think co-op might beef up bosses. But even solo I'd agree they have a bit too much HP. Btw on the first boss you can let him hit the pillars around the room which will have the roof give in on his head and deal Ki damage. Then focus on the horns.

sullynathan

Arcane
I think co-op might beef up bosses. But even solo I'd agree they have a bit too much HP. Btw on the first boss you can let him hit the pillars around the room which will have the roof give in on his head and deal Ki damage. Then focus on the horns.
Oh I know about the pillar damaging him it was apparent. The odd thing is the second ki realm thing that yokai do that has flowers and stuff. What does it really do? It can't be easily removed by ki pulse and bosses are too strong to quickly kill them and stop it.

I'm guessing the blue summons are the same as the dark souls summons for help?

Sentinel

Arcane
The big flowery field slows down your Ki recovery. You can't really dispel it by any other means other than dealing damage to the boss, that I know of.

And yeah the blue summons are just the revenant system, except the summons help you instead of fight you. I'm not sure what the purpose is when you already have player co-op though. I guess the AI is useful as a decoy/distraction but not much else.

sullynathan

Arcane
New Screenshots said:
48593864851_f118ff0173_k.jpg
48593983517_7f96662b5e_h.jpg
48593983842_d8b5f24981_h.jpg
48593842781_18d9536a1f_h.jpg
48593842696_65b8ecf1d2_h.jpg
48593983802_de10f990ec_b.jpg

cruel

Cipher
Release in early 2020 unfortunately :( still, D1P for me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Hopefully they don't include the unfair bullshit like NG2 though.

Nigga the unfair bullshit and complete lack of restraint is what made Ninja Gaiden 2 good. That game is like playable cocaine.

*dev team adds way to many enemies to an area*
Tomonobu Itagaki: "Yeah, there's already enough enemies here... now add more until the console's hardware can't handle it and the game starts stuttering."

"You want post boss fights check points? What are you a fag? STFU and be grateful you even get a pre boss fight check point you little bitch! What there where mines in the lava that were impossible to see? Boo fucking hoo. Now you know there's a trap there, reload and defeat the boss again."

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane

Another gameplay video.

So far every level they showed had 1-2 enemies unique to that level + the regular assortment of skellingtons, zombies, horned demons and other stuff you will probably find everywhere.

I hope this stays true for the rest of the game and they're not just cherry picking all the levels where new enemies are introduced and then we get to fight them for 30 more levels.

Also guy in the video keeps dying to the same fire wizard like 5 times lul

PrettyDeadman

Where are the new weapon types, fuckers?????

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom