Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Thinking of taking a break from Pathfinder Kingmaker (yeah, I'm still doing my 1st playthrough of that friggin' game I started over a month ago, I think, with a chapter and a half still left to go) and playing some NWN. The likely candidate is Swordflight but I could be in the mood for something new, something borrowed, and something blue... blue as in moderately sexy, like female assassins kicking it. I should give Proleric's Dark Energy module another go now that I know there's a readme to get through the walking puzzle. Been watching my favorite TV series Killing Eve and there's just something so appealing about beautiful bad-to-the-bone girls role-playing timid little english roses or sexy but docile young women to get close to their victims so they can stick a poison hairpin hypodermic into their eyeball. You know you love that shit too.

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant
I've been playing "Tales from the Lake of Sorrows" recently for NWN2 and have been pleasantly surprised at how reactive the story is to my decisions. It's a 5 chapter module with a bonus module that was made later that ties into it. I'm only on Chapter 2 at the moment, but so far it concerns the going-ons, trials, tribulations and gossip of a small oceanside community and the various towns and lands that neighbor it. You play an adventurer of sorts that came to the town after seeing an advert expressing a need for help in the area and then a bunch of stuff happens. It has good dialog, a full day/night cycle with the various NPCs having their own schedules and wandering around doing chores and working during the day and going home or to the bar at night, ect. Also, while it hasn't been an issue yet I have noticed some occasional small continuity errors and other bugs here and there, probably a result of the game needing to keep track of the variety of choices the player might make at various points, but in general it all seems to work well. I highly recommend it if it sounds like it might be your thing and are looking for a good NWN2 module to play.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I am looking for any particular modules with a high starting level (10, 15, 20, etc.) for NwN 1, any recommendations?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Always wanted to play Tomb of Horrors but I heard it was more for a multiplayer party with separate skills and abilities to help deal with the difficulties of a high-level D&D dungeon.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
It was intended to be primarily a multiplayer module but it is perfectly possible to get through it with a single character. As the module description indicates, if playing alone one's character should have a minimum Strength of 11 (so you can get it up to 23 with a +10 STR belt which can be acquired in module and a Bull's Strength potion or other item), and it would be very helpful to have at least a few Rogue levels.

Another module for high level characters that comes to mind is H4 - The Throne of Bloodstone. Not that great but since choices for high level modules are limited it might be worth considering.

Skall

Learned
Do you post comments on my blog?
I had a comment awaiting approval.

Blog is moderated due to bigots and Codex trolls, lulz. I generally approve comments within a day. Thanks for commenting.

Lilura Does Blogger have any other options for comments? I would've posted a few on your recent Swordflight re-play. Great module and I enjoy all the little tid bits that make it special, e.g., the crafting related quests that make certain materials feel truly rare. The exclusive weapons shop was a fun concept too; needing to get multiple references to even step through the door made complete sense in-setting and was a nice, loving touch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lilura Does Blogger have any other options for comments? I would've posted a few on your recent Swordflight re-play. Great module and I enjoy all the little tid bits that make it special, e.g., the crafting related quests that make certain materials feel truly rare. The exclusive weapons shop was a fun concept too; needing to get multiple references to even step through the door made complete sense in-setting and was a nice, loving touch.
You'll have to post this directly on her blog, she left this place back in January.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Lilura seems so perfectly happy playing & re-playing the Swordflight series, trying different builds to experience all the different interactivity. I wish I found an RPG experience that I enjoyed so much.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I've been playing "Tales from the Lake of Sorrows" recently for NWN2 and have been pleasantly surprised at how reactive the story is to my decisions. It's a 5 chapter module with a bonus module that was made later that ties into it. I'm only on Chapter 2 at the moment, but so far it concerns the going-ons, trials, tribulations and gossip of a small oceanside community and the various towns and lands that neighbor it. You play an adventurer of sorts that came to the town after seeing an advert expressing a need for help in the area and then a bunch of stuff happens. It has good dialog, a full day/night cycle with the various NPCs having their own schedules and wandering around doing chores and working during the day and going home or to the bar at night, ect. Also, while it hasn't been an issue yet I have noticed some occasional small continuity errors and other bugs here and there, probably a result of the game needing to keep track of the variety of choices the player might make at various points, but in general it all seems to work well. I highly recommend it if it sounds like it might be your thing and are looking for a good NWN2 module to play.

I remember that series. Yeah, that was a good one, and the NPC's actually had a day/night cycle and different dialogue to go with it, very cool considering none of the official games could be bothered with that level of detail. A bit on the difficult side though if I recall correctly.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
At the end of of SF3 when you get the +4 weapon, the scimitar I got didn't have keen. All the time my WM only had the +2 flaming scimitar from SW2, which was annoying because there were mobs that required +4 to damage them. All those whips, daggers, katanas and other +4 weapons I've found and couldn't use, all had keen. And when I finally get the scimitar upgrade at the very end... it's not keen ?? Why?

rogueknight333

Arbiter
IIRC, with the Frost weapons (I believe you are talking about the Frost Scimitar +4) I was balancing them a bit by giving those like swords that inherently have a better chance at crits increased critical damage, and Keen to weapons like axes that do more critical damage but have less inherent chance of getting a crit. Since scimitars are also inherently a better weapon than whips, katanas, etc., I might have also been compensating for that by giving them slightly worse magical bonuses.

But I was actually only pretending to balance them, since you can just use Scabbards of Enhancement to cast Keen Edge on your scimitar.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am looking for any particular modules with a high starting level (10, 15, 20, etc.) for NwN 1, any recommendations?
I second ERYFKRAD's recommendation for Hordes of the Underdark. I only finished it recently (last few months). From my experience, it starts off combat heavy with some puzzles and branches out in subsequent chapters. I found Hordes of the Underdark kind of odd, but in a good way.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
Anyone played the Shadowguard module for EE?

Does the EE version differ in some significant way from the version included with NWN Diamond?

I played the non-EE version some time ago. Like its companion premium module, Witch's Wake, it was intended to be a prologue to a larger series that was never completed, so it is too short and ends inconclusively, making it unsatisfactory as the stand-alone module it ended up as. Aside from those issues, it was not too bad.

turkishronin

Arcane
Anyone played the Shadowguard module for EE?

Does the EE version differ in some significant way from the version included with NWN Diamond?

I played the non-EE version some time ago. Like its companion premium module, Witch's Wake, it was intended to be a prologue to a larger series that was never completed, so it is too short and ends inconclusively, making it unsatisfactory as the stand-alone module it ended up as. Aside from those issues, it was not too bad.

I've played it but I've encountered a game-breaking bug in the docks which I can't get rid of :/

Sabotin

Scholar
Playing Swf chapter 4 I wonder if there's a good way to deal with 2 things: mass IGMS from glabrezus and mass psionic blasts from flayers? What I ended up doing was just brute force it with healing/regen spam and lure some away, with spell mantles or premonition scrolls to supplement and that feels really lame. Having summons/henchmen to absorb some wasn't really effective, same with silence and I haven't found anything with spell resistance or magic dmg resist.

Oh and also knockdown, those new water elementals are like russian roulette with no resist/save touch attack kd...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom