Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Quillon

Arcane
Remember that the owners love promoting their pals, not necessarily the most qualified. :M

Omg how can you say that? Obs owners are so cute and awesome they make me :hug:squee, like totally.

{Do I sound enough like a retarded ten year old?}

That sounded like Sherry and Sailor Woedica fucking.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Seems like a really quick promotion.

Well, 6 years from the bottom. Quick sure, but there have been faster. Also not sure if we're talking full big game or smaller project dlc.

Also as I haven't played POE2 yet, how was the area design on the DLC?

Flou

Arbiter
Well, 6 years from the bottom. Quick sure, but there have been faster. Also not sure if we're talking full big game or smaller project dlc.

Also as I haven't played POE2 yet, how was the area design on the DLC?

Varies from DLC to DLC. Some of them were really nicely done and you could see that they focused on it. Some didn't realy have much focus on area design (which naturally showed).

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So does Outer Worlds mean Obs is done with traditional party-based RPGs?
Depends what MS wants them to do. Fallout: New Vegas wasn't the end of Obs doing traditional party-based RPGs so I'm not sure why Outer Worlds would be. They're just first person perspective shooter RPGs and those call for a different gamestyle.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wut? Outer Worlds is party-based.
There are companions, but is there full party control in combat or is it just squad commands / special ability calls while controlling the PC? I don't consider the latter party-based, although I admit the distinction may be arguable.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Depends what MS wants them to do.

I'm sure the big priority is a Skyrim style Xbox/Windows exclusive. Whether they let them do smaller projects too... I dunno. Microsoft does do things like that here and there, but not super consistently. If they do have them make another PoE or whatever I'm sure it would be a good bit different because the console version would be considered from day one.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected

That would be super cool, but I have hockey camp this summer so I’ll be way too busy!
200w.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom