Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rebuilding/new Company - companion? Not sure how these work. Sellsword is another obvious one.
Militia - Retired soldier is a good idea. Militia with good talents would be fine too.
Poachers - Hunter to replace/add to the starting hunter.
Beast Slayers - Witcher 4:this time it's turn based more experienced slayer.
Trading Caravan - Peddler. Maybe with a light crossbow and 1-2 ranged talent to keep him out of danger.
Deserters - more experienced deserter. Deserters could use a mod to not be worse miilitia with higher wages and 15 resolve but that's another problem.
Cultists - cultist obviously, but it will probably require more time to make it work well with the origin events.
Raiders - barbarian.

Lios

Cipher
Lost another barbarian origin run to a sudden necrosavant assault while going to clear a graveyard, around day 40.
So I started another one. I can see it getting old, this whole "you're trapped into the bottom of the map for the vast majority of the early game" routine, but so far it got me hooked.
I have to be extra careful, pick my battles with care, but at the same time be relentless: I don't have enough starting funds, so I must attack lowly guarded caravans and slaughter peasants (so I can grab their pitchforks, heh) in order to make do, at least till I gather enough money to build a proper company.

Highlight of the new run so far: the priest I drag with me, who charged at a pitchfork mob and killed two (alrady bleeding/fucked up) peasants with his bare hands. I named him "Bas Ruten" since he's bald.

Also, comrades: Any seed where the majority (or at least, a big part) of the map is snow?
Wanna feel the vibe, man.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Ok. Guys I hear you.
I will make all starts a Lone Guy(or with company) player avatar starts.
Give me ideas.
I will release mod on Sunday or earlier.
I just want a player character when playing the barbarians tbh. Give him the chosen equipment which is less powerful than with what the hedge knight starts because it weighs a ton.

Parabalus

Arcane
Reproach of the Old Gods is dope as fuck.

Fight is much easier than the Kraken too, whips really do a number on ghosts.

Payd Shell

Arcane
Well, another lone wolf run ended at the hands of a barbarian chosen. Lvl 13, 250 body armor and 230 head armor, two hits to the head w/ indom active each time. First hit gave me a severe concussion so that's nice with -50% to everything. They also have too much HP to use a dagger to injure them, I guess you'd need crippling strikes for that. Idk, barbs seem to strong, it seems you'd need a whole different approach which will make you pretty much useless against any other enemy. High def, high attack, high resolve, high armor, armor piercing weapons, high fatigue, adrenaline. They don't seem to have a weak point tbh, they even have high rdef so ranged weapons aren't as effective against them, either. And that was just a 1v1, I don't even want to think about the big camps with chosen, reavers and unholds + infinite fat from drummers.

Ensi

Educated
Farmed my first ever famed items: golden scale armor (holy shit) and a nice two handed mace, which fits my hedge knight perfectly.

*thumbs up*

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Post 'em

Day 81
Northern Raiders Start

zwXVS4d.jpg

Graphic representation of the game killing Roger

:mixedemotions:

Modron

Arcane
Kek first time I have ever seen somebody killed by a caravan hand and a beheading to boot.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I question the decision to make 'Indominable' pretty much mandatory for every Bro that regularly has direct contact with the enemy while simultaneously nerfing it, tbh.

Orcs, Unholds, hordes of Chosen, etc.

Do you just make more tanks? What about the dps then?

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i question my decision to get blinding migraine two days before my final

i know this is offtopic and nobody cares but i dontgive afuck

Payd Shell

Arcane
I question the decision to make 'Indominable' pretty much mandatory for every Bro that regularly has direct contact with the enemy while simultaneously nerfing it, tbh.

Orcs, Unholds, hordes of Chosen, etc.

Do you just make more tanks? What about the dps then?
It's the same problem any other game that relies on a certain mechanic has, you need to balance the whole thing around it. The bigguns aren't balanced for any build, they're balanced around a specific build. For unholds and orcs you NEED indom because of their displacement abilities. Barb damage was probably balanced against a bro with indom active, too. Indom is too strong, which makes it mandatory, which introduces a power creep into the game. The high damage attacks from late game enemies make the RNG even worse. There's no tactic, no gear that you can use to reduce the effect bad luck will eventually have on your bros. If you can't reliably beat barbarians without taking horrible losses even when you're into the ultra late game, people obviously won't bother with them. I mean even if goblins and brigands can be very annoying late game due to mass archers, at least you can out-archer them. Not a very interesting way to play, granted, but at least there's a counter to it. Barbarians not so much, because they don't have any real weaknesses. They have insane stats across the board, I'd argue they'd be more dangerous than orcs even without adrenaline and rotate.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wouldn't take so long to find a replacement (RNG in starting stats and stars) and to re-level the replacement. But losing a high level brother always feels like a chore instead of a punishment because you just see the grind you need to go through agian. Even with the try out mod the gold you spend until you find a suitable recruit is considerable if you're unlucky.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
bz-5ceaa3931503e.png

I was somewhat worried about hostile merc or noble troops attack while preparing for natczherer alp mission.

edit.
senility

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Restarted yesterday with lone wolf and went solo until about level 8, after which I slowly started acquiring only elite bros (level 2+ hiresS). Somehow the seed was done in a way that all the contracts down south were human thugs, so great times decapitating three in a single stroke etc, and really wasn't too much trouble. Helps that dude had iron lung.

Now I'm guessing the first crisis is about to start, and I'm at ten people. I really enjoyed slowly building it up and having a smaller party - you have to be more detail oriented and careful.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I rolled a new game using the Barbarian start and decided to spec my starting guys as berserkers. So far the perk progression is Student + Adrenaline + Crippling Strikes + Executioner and the results have been pretty impressive. My strategy has been to control distance and let the enemy close the gap to one space away, then use Adrenaline to get off three attacks in a row.

The main weakness to this is undead since they don't suffer from injury or morale effects, but it kicks ass against humans and I expect it will have success against greenskins as well, especially once I get better armor and can transition everyone to 2H weapons.

Covenant

Savant
When you're limited to 12 bros, what are the best backgrounds to take in terms of the utility of their events versus how useful they'll be to you in fights?

For my part, I'd want to pick up a Caravan Hand, a Monk, a Squire, Bowyer, and a Bastard at the very least (the first four for their events and because the Monk makes a good Sergeant, the Bastard because I've never gotten an Assassin and I live in hope). That's half your slots, counting your Lone Wolf. Beyond that I guess I'd stick with traditional heavy hitters - Farmhands and Brawlers at the low end of the economic scale, Sellswords and Swordsmasters/Hedge Knights at the high end, a couple of Hunters for extra ranged ability. Maybe a Killer on the Run if I'm feeling lucky and I find a nice unique 1h axe or flail or something.

Restarted yesterday with lone wolf and went solo until about level 8, after which I slowly started acquiring only elite bros (level 2+ hiresS). Somehow the seed was done in a way that all the contracts down south were human thugs, so great times decapitating three in a single stroke etc, and really wasn't too much trouble. Helps that dude had iron lung.

Now I'm guessing the first crisis is about to start, and I'm at ten people. I really enjoyed slowly building it up and having a smaller party - you have to be more detail oriented and careful.
Sounds like the narration of my very current Lone Wolf playthrough.
I have it saved at something like 160 days and I'm attempting a Beast Slayers one.
Have to say Beast slayers are a bit underwhelming as a start. It seems to me that their malus (+10% prices) greatly outweights the weak benefits (50% more monster drops and tracking with a larger range).
They basically have just a cool Geraldo Riveira icon map going in their favor.

When you're limited to 12 bros, what are the best backgrounds to take in terms of the utility of their events versus how useful they'll be to you in fights?
Good hunters for ranged units, a good adventurous noble as a bannerman and then hedge knights, swordmasters, assassins and sellswords as top guys.
In the end if you are lucky enough with stat rolls/stars/unique traits, basically anything from Squire/caravan Hand going up should work.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
hunters = cuckoldry(ranged is gay)
recruiting chars for events = cuckoldry(events don't actually ever do anything and aren't worth it)
swordmasters = cukoldry(aging)
hedge knights = cuckoldry(mog you in front of the rest of your men, just lol if u think your special snowflake commander or autistic mary sue lone wolf don't get overshadowed by chad hedge knights)
trying out feature = cuckoldry(little baby afraid of negative traits?)
not sending anyone with less than 3 starts in at least 2 relevant categories to their instant death against the legions of the dead or the monstrous while wearing nothing but a juggler hat and a spear = cuckoldry (wasting wages on useless "people" - if they survive without an injury you can keep using them tho)

ultimately the only chad way to play is to recruit only brawlers, militia and melon fuckers(to style on nerds) and test them all by trials of blood and iron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom